Wish I could bash!! Still to damn hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been brainstorming an IC refrigeration device like ones used on High end PC processors. Needs 12v source and a way to mount on an ESC and motor heatink. It replaces a fan and is basically a square plate that gets cold to the touch when powered on. A water coolant radiator has been designed before. One company makes it Its an off shoot from RC boats but adds a fan and radiator. Just need a fast moving water pump. Heat is always a problem especially when pushing electrics with 25 volts and high amp draw

At least you have 11mph gusts of something.:LOL: Hopefully cool wind.

The main problem with the esc is the fins on the heatsink aren't large enough to efficiently dissipate the heat. The heatsink should be quite a bit taller than it is, and also the shroud needs to be removed so the heatsink is fully exposed to the air and not covered with a piece of plastic that holds the hot air in. My idea would be a 30-40mm tall heatsink with a push/pull fan config and maybe some heatpipes similar to the high end cpu coolers from Noctua ect.

main-qimg-8828d220badd5a489ea38fc138b4170f.jpg

And for the motor the same thing applies, I mean how much heat do they really think a 2mm fin is going to dissipate? Those fins are pretty much useless and I wish they would just leave the cans smooth so that the aftermarket heatsinks can actually make contact with the motor can.

The main problem with the esc is the fins on the heatsink aren't large enough to efficiently dissipate the heat. The heatsink should be quite a bit taller than it is, and also the shroud needs to be removed so the heatsink is fully exposed to the air and not covered with a piece of plastic that holds the hot air in. My idea would be a 30-40mm tall heatsink with a push/pull fan config and maybe some heatpipes similar to the high end cpu coolers from Noctua ect.

View attachment 46088

And for the motor the same thing applies, I mean how much heat do they really think a 2mm fin is going to dissipate? Those fins are pretty much useless and I wish they would just leave the cans smooth so that the aftermarket heatsinks can actually make contact with the motor can.
I have a Noctua dual CPU fan in my PC but I hate the bandaid colored fans. Why can’t they just make good black ones?

I said the same about the Noctua bandaid colors. Looks stupid on my Kraton motor. But that's their trademark color.

Last edited:
I have a Noctua dual CPU fan in my PC but I hate the bandaid colored fans. Why can’t they just make good black ones?
The fans are seriously the only things keeping me from buying a NH-D15.

Peltier would have be sandwiched between two flat heat sink surfaces. Cold side face down toward esc hot side facing up with a puller fan drawing heat from top heatsink. 12v 60-70w peltier 40x40. Powered by a separate 3s lipo maybe at 1800mah. Using thermal paste at the sinks or a thermal epoxy. Epoxy would reduce the fasteners required.

Last edited:
Peltier would have be sandwiched between two flat heat sink surfaces. Cold side face down toward esc hot side facing up with a puller fan drawing heat from top heatsink. 12v 60-70w peltier 40x40. Powered by a separate 3s lipo maybe at 1800mah.
There is a reason the TEC cooler never really caught on. They are highly inefficient and I am willing to bet you would need a much higher capacity battery.

I see you are a box builder.(y)

You know how to build PC's. You know PC components well.(y)
I used to build gaming boxes. Where I am we call building PCs from scratch box building

I could tell right away.
I stopped doing them like 10 years ago. My last one was Asus board set up as a hardware firewall in house for the network. Running wireshark. Lol I've been out of that for some years. But still repair all that buy now.
Win 3.11 for workgroups. Remember file manager? Win server 2000?

Last edited:
I could tell right away.
I stopped doing them like 10 years ago. My last one was Asus board set up as a hardware firewall in house for the network. Running wireshark. Lol I've been out of that for some years. But still repair all that buy now.
Win 3.11 for workgroups. Remember file manager? Win server 2000?
I'm more of a hardware guy, I know a little bit about software but never really dabbled much beyond a basic backup server with Windows Home Server, although it did run as a torrent box for a while.

Likewise a hardware guy. Could handle dos and win Installs. Firewalls .No programming though. I could use some . dos cmds to get around win and network issues. No formal training in regards. I was more comfortable with installing main boards ground up builds etc. I Iiked sourcing all the components.

I started in the PC biz back in 1995 doing SMB IT services during the week and the trade show circuit on the weekends. That fizzled out due to the internet and NewEgg. We became a discount etailer and mostly sold closouts, refurbs, and barebones. After that company died out, I decided to open my own retail store and focus on service. That sucked. Retail is not a fun arena. Went back to SMB IT services and added in surveillance camera installs as they are cheap and popular now.

Just recently built myself a video editing rig for my YouTube videos, which I need to get back to soon. Been doing home renovations lately and haven’t had time to bash.

I've run a couple times. Thermal killing me. Mostly grass. Cause dirt is a dust bowl. Don't wanna deal with that. I'm fanned out and still can run 10 min. Please come fall?
I feel you man, I'm in New York, and the heat this month has been brutal. For the last three weeks, I've been bashing at night, when it cools off. ?

All it keeps doing here in the UK is raining on and off...???

I swap you for some sun..??
In a New York Summer, it rains here like every ten day's, if the rain is cool, I will definitely take you up on that offer.??

In a New York Summer, it rains here like every ten day's, if the rain is cool, I will definitely take you up on that offer.??
I live in western South Dakota and normally it's so dry you can't even fart outside without something spontaneously combusting, but not this summer. I'm pretty sure that we haven't gone more than a week without rain. My bash spot is partly under water. I took these about a month ago. The second set of pictures are the BMX track below the rc track.
20190714_191641.jpg

20190714_191734.jpg

20190714_191829.jpg

I live in western South Dakota and normally it's so dry you can't even fart outside without something spontaneously combusting, but not this summer. I'm pretty sure that we haven't gone more than a week without rain. My bash spot is partly under water. I took these about a month ago. The second set of pictures are the BMX track below the rc track.
View attachment 46598

View attachment 46599

View attachment 46601
Ya, that's a lot of water!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back