Wltoys 144001 can take 3s and oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I saw a lot of people running the wltpys 144001 on 3s and it takes it but saw one guy fry the esc. People are getting to 70-82kmh its just nuts fast like my kraton 4s. I think im going to stay 2s because i just plan to have fun and do minor bashing with it to remplace my a959 who was a bit dissapointing. Atm you can get a 20$ discount coupon on banggood code BGBF144001

I have one, it's was fun while it lasted. I ran 3 packs through it on 2s, it's fast, has no problem blowing the tires off at low speeds, doing donuts and getting out of control. But i wanted more. I watched some of the youtube videos of the 3s runs. And the one of the guy who fried his. I took the gamble and mine fried just like his. The second I turned it on, what a stench. It did not like my ovonic 3s 2000mah 50c pack. Now its just another project..lol

I have one, it's was fun while it lasted. I ran 3 packs through it on 2s, it's fast, has no problem blowing the tires off at low speeds, doing donuts and getting out of control. But i wanted more. I watched some of the youtube videos of the 3s runs. And the one of the guy who fried his. I took the gamble and mine fried just like his. The second I turned it on, what a stench. It did not like my ovonic 3s 2000mah 50c pack. Now its just another project..lol
Apparently you need a really low C rating or your esc is gone
Like 2000mah 20c

Last edited:
Im wondering if the diff can take 10k and 30k diff oil saw someone stripping is spider gears.. but he was missing one screw out of is crown gear so taht might be the reason why they failed. But inside of the diff is almost dry in my a959 it was nylon so was not that bad i filled it with silicone grease all leaked out and made a mess but when i went with oil nothing leaked out. Anyone tried on the 144001 if the diffs can take diff oil? Just to make it more controlable. I also kept the wltoys a959 baterry who is 1100mah 25c and the wltoys 144001 is 1500 25C. I don't want to make the lipo explode. Idk what are the ratings of wltoys escs and motors

Last edited:
I just put diff oil in the diffs of my 144001 and so far so good. Hasnt leaked at all yet. When I opened them they were almost fully dry. I added a bit of diff fluid to each (not filling it though, just enough to keep the gears lubed.) 10K in the dront, and 7K in the rear because its the lowest I had. Then I added a bit more grease to the gears (Not the spur). Seems a bit smoother and quieter, but other than that I haven't noticed much of a "diff"erence. ;)

Ive also been looking at some brushless combos but not sure they plastic spur can handle that. There is a metal upgrade though. I was surprised at how many upgrades and parts there are, and cheap. Gonna be a fun side project.

Updated: Im not sure if the diff oil caused this, but I think I overheated the ESC. It shutdown completely with about a half battery left. So I took the oil out and just lightly greased everything. And wow it is SO much quieter now. Not sure what did it, probably the grease, buts smooth and quiet.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back