Wnat to leearn guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for a Glock 19

I bought a 23 with the intention of getting a 9mm conversation barrel so that I could shoot 40 and 9mm. It never happened, I ended up hating 40 and eventually just sold it.
Lesson learned, just buy the 19, at least that's my opinion

A firearm is a tool. Period. Whether you use that tool for personal defense or competitive reasons, it’s still a tool.\

Mmm hmm.

ronin_toolbox.jpg

I have a 1911 also. It’s not my carry gun. I also own a Traxxas. Lol
If we're confessing, I have an Xmaxx... I also have a $200 Taurus pt111, that after a trigger change, is my go to carry... please, don't think any less of me🥺

Get one with a happy switch:

View attachment 260117

As far as personal defense, a Glock 19 is nice. Or an H&K VP9 but that might be slightly above your budget.
Happy switch huh? Is that yours? Most people aren’t SOT 07/02 and that rifle with a giggle switch that’s actually on the registry is gonna run ~$30k.

Happy switch huh? Is that yours? Most people aren’t SOT 07/02 and that rifle with a giggle switch that’s actually on the registry is gonna run ~$30k.

Alas it’s a department armory gun … only have a few SBRs to my name - at this point the happy switch isn’t really worth it. Good for a few giggles but isn’t really practical. That being said, I would love to have an American 180.

And why is that??

IMO there are so many better firearms out there.

My 1st handgun was a G19 G4 (just like many others).
It performed good, has a ton of aftermarket support, and served it's purpose. Once I tried other handguns, the G19 felt "generic".

If I was looking for something within the budget you stated, I would recommend the H&K VP9.
I think mine was $679 out the door (w/ background check).

There are plenty of other 9mm handguns that I would recommend (and own) that are outside of your identified budget, but in my opinion the VP9 is superior to a G19 or G17 for

Some of the rages by me rent firearms so you can "try before you buy".
You should get something that is comfortable in your hands - If that happens to be a Glock then by all means go for it.

Just adding my .02 before you spend $ like I did before doing research.

Good luck !!

Alas it’s a department armory gun … only have a few SBRs to my name - at this point the happy switch isn’t really worth it. Good for a few giggles but isn’t really practical. That being said, I would love to have an American 180.
Yea I have a few SBR’s with cans on the end. I even have a Form 1 can on one of them. That was a fun experience. Learned a lot about fluid dynamics and how much of a pain it is to machine Grade 5 titanium.

They're not, they're too busy congratulating each other on being masters of the universe... the o.p. gave us his budget, it's hard to argue a glock or m&p at their price points, I agree there are plenty of options that are superior to both of those, but a self proclaimed newbie to the hobby is better off staying with something inexpensive that will still shoot good and spend the extra on ammo and range time... just my .02

You aren't getting a 1911 for OP's budget

Yea I have a few SBR’s with cans on the end. I even have a Form 1 can on one of them. That was a fun experience. Learned a lot about fluid dynamics and how much of a pain it is to machine Grade 5 titanium.

Yep, a few form 1 cans myself - and then they heyday hit with premade cups that all you had left I do was drill a hole and a port.

Yep, a few form 1 cans myself - and then they heyday hit with premade cups that all you had left I do was drill a hole and a port.
Those companies took an ass pounding from the ATF. I actually got a FedEx delivered letter from the alphabet boys. It was a fishing expedition and I didn’t respond. I think it’s because I had purchased some end caps from Diversified Machine.

Those companies took an ass pounding from the ATF. I actually got a FedEx delivered letter from the alphabet boys. It was a fishing expedition and I didn’t respond. I think it’s because I had purchased some end caps from Diversified Machine.
Exactly why my attention has shifted to rc the last few years.. the stress from the blatant disregard for our constitution damn near gave me a heart attack

Exactly why my attention has shifted to rc the last few years.. the stress from the blatant disregard for our constitution damn near gave me a heart attack
Yea same here. I love guns but I can only shoot so many at once. Lol. Got back into RC since it’s something I can do pretty much anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back