Wnat to leearn guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this can be on the AF with no problems.

I'm not a wiz on guns I only ever bought one. A Taurus 709FS PT709 Slim 7+1 9mm (don't laugh), from Budsgunshop.com. I live in Chicago so no gun stores (yes just go to burbs). I want to pick up a few and get a CC license this year. So my question is what's a good under $600 option for a reliable good pistol?

For you owners let me know what you have? I'm trying to expand my hobbies.
Honestly, if your budget is around $600 or less glock is your best friend. I have a G17 and a G20. For concealed carry, my Sig P365XL is my go-to. Comes with a 12 and 14 round mag, is very accurate, and it is just a great shooting gun. The P365xl is right around $600 and if you de ide to drop another $70 into it you can get a Wilson Combat grip module for it to make it even better.

After reading these posts so far, maybe I'll go with a higher budget. Maybe $800. May I'll sell a few cars if needed. I just want something very dependable and comfortable to shoot. It will get decent time at a range.

Want start a collection. That's why I like all the different option you guys give.

Personally I'm not a glock fan. Not that I don't think they are a good gun, they just aren't comfortable in my hand. I love my Springfield 40. It's very comfortable. I agree with the comment about try before you buy, rent some at the range and find something that works for YOU. My personal favorite is my Colt 38 Diamond Back revolver with hogue grips.

Honestly, one of the main reasons to own a pistol is self defense. Isn't it worth >$1k for a gun that might save your life?
True. Because I have a 20 gauge, with a mix of hollow points and buck shots for home defense.

I carry a Sig p365, 365 in a ProTeq holster. Carrying a gun everywhere is a pain in the ass. Do not let anyone tell you different. They’re heavy, pull your pants down, rub everywhere, ruin your clothes and down right uncomfortable. You find the right holster and it sucks less. (I know I know some are saying “I forget I have mine on and jump into bed...”) It’s a commitment, and a privilege that I take very seriously. If you’re going to carry a gun, take a safety course, and the course on the laws in your local. Buy a gun to carry, not the cool one, get extremely familiar with it and shoot it often. SW shield and shield plus are very easy to carry as well as my p365. Both come with different options and safties. The small Taurus gx4 is nice as well. Shoot them all (glocks as well) at a rental range and buy which ever one you like best. Ask the range masters what they carry, have them take the gun apart for you, show you the ins and outs, most love that sort of thing.
For home protection we have a shot gun. It easy for my wife to shoot. Doesn’t have to be tactical just practical. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 in 12 or 16 gage. Get these two bases covered and then start filling up the gun safe with the cool stuff and big black guns...

Just up your budget to $3,000+ and get one of these...;)

20221203_161631.jpg

Just up your budget to $3,000+ and get one of these...;)

View attachment 260156
For that price you could buy 2 $1k beretta guns and have $1k to spend on rc cars, knives, ammo, body armor, cars, gas (biden's economy), jewelry for you wife (because you just spent $2k on guns), and stuff like that. :ROFLMAO:

I lost all mine in a boating accident
DemolitionRanch?
Posting to reassure the federal agents monitoring this forum that I currently own zero guns, that's right, zero. Honest.
Same, lost all of them in a fire, despite having a "fireproof" safe. No need to send your dudes here if there is a mass assault rifle ban...

Well

I am over 50 and only owned 3 guns in my lifetime. I've had a lic handgun permit since I was 28. I hope to never use it for self-defense in the toxic region that I live in. I agree with @Jimbobjr carrying comes with a lot of responsibility, needed training, and not comfortable.

I prefer to learn to use one gun well which is a Sig P365 and the other is a small Kahr P380.

1670134677724.png

I bought my wife a Taurus, once… it was a POS, couldn’t get through a mag without a failure. Sent back to Taurus twice.. never again.

I hope this can be on the AF with no problems.

I'm not a wiz on guns I only ever bought one. A Taurus 709FS PT709 Slim 7+1 9mm (don't laugh), from Budsgunshop.com. I live in Chicago so no gun stores (yes just go to burbs). I want to pick up a few and get a CC license this year. So my question is what's a good under $600 option for a reliable good pistol?

For you owners let me know what you have? I'm trying to expand my hobbies.
Let me respectfully offer the idea that you should purchase a long gun. A rifle changes a man from status of "victim" that of "patriot."

Start with a small caliber rifle... .223 is a great choice. You can pick up a nice bolt-action Ruger American for $453 at Grab-a-gun, and it's as nice a rifle as you can buy for less than 500 smackers.

Buy a couple-hundred rounds (maybe $80?) and a $200 simple 3 x 9 x 40 scope, and a pair of $15 rings and do some target shooting at your local range.

If you like semi-autos, you can still pick up an AR for less than $500, but that may be tough in Illinois these days.
I like Ruger 357s. Might be able to find one in that general price range.
Very doubtful you can find a decent revolver in .357 Mag for under $800 these days.

Finding a good ar-15 for under $1000 is hard.
Respectfully disagree. Since the military standard is so well defined, it is very difficult to find a BAD AR-15 anywhere you look.

I have great AR-15 brands, and cheap AR -15 brands... and I have a great deal of difficulty telling the difference between the parts.

It's the best gun ever made for a reason!

One of the best ARs I've ever owned (5/8" group, 100 yards, my handloads and IRON SIGHTS!):

https://grabagun.com/firearms/rifles/ar-15-rifles-ar-10-ak47/del-ton-sport-m2-5-56mm-16-30-1-6pos

Never failed to feed, fire or eject.

Faultlessly accurate.

$579.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back