Wnat to leearn guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That can be expensive too. Government, I would have no idea why, this is just a guess...
Anything can be, “expensive”. I’ve built about 15 AR’s ranging from $500 to $2000 before sights and optics. But a decent AR can be found easily in the $600 range.

Man, I wish I could share. All of mine were lost in a tragic boating accident. [And/or bought long before this latest witch hunt].

Knew this day was coming. Divulging what you own might not be the smartest thing right now. Just saying.

Man, I wish I could share. All of mine were lost in a tragic boating accident. [And/or bought long before this latest witch hunt].

Knew this day was coming. Divulging what you own might not be the smartest thing right now. Just saying.

True … but having a CCW, 03FFL and countless items in the NFA registry, at this point they have my name and number if they really wanted it.

Many, many, many years ago bought some Colt 20 rounders from someone and unbeknownst to me, he stole them from the armory. Investigators had no problem tracking me down to try to get them back for evidence.

That’s why you just build one.
I've never had a bucket list but my fuk it list is miles long. This is on my fuk it list to do. With sticky notes:ROFLMAO:

Molon Labe. ;)

It's a complex subject, especially in today's anti-2A society. PM me if you want to talk on the phone about some of this stuff.

If your new to it, I would not advice just buying a gun. Take a basic pistol class. Start at the beginning and don't skip steps.

Politics aside the NRA has great classes. They not only teach the firearm safety and fundamentals of marksmanship, but they teach about the firearms; how they work, what's the difference between, appropriate ammunition, maintenance, where to shoot, etc. The range time requires the use of .22LR but you do handle several other types of guns and most instructors let you shoot them too.

You can use this link and filter the classes for your area. Look for NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting.
https://explore.nra.org/interests/safety-and-education/

Once you do that, this is very sound advice.
Rent a few and buy 50-100 rounds for each caliber you like. See what fits best in your hand and what you can group the best with. Most of the time you can and will get better with a gun even if it's not exactly what you want "feel" wise. When you go for your CC, you'll have to hit a silhouette about 15 feet in front of you "semi grouped" lol. Not too hard to do.

try before you buy, rent some at the range and find something that works for YOU. My personal favorite is my Colt 38 Diamond Back revolver with hogue grips.
Keep in mind that, just like RC guns have Fanboys/girls. They will never say anything bad about their brand nor say anything good about another.

Each gun shoots differently. The grip size, grip angle, grip shape, sights, weight, grip texture are a few of things that can drive you crazy if you don't like it. And you taste may change as you get into it.

You can spend $200 or $20,000. It's a bit like buying a car, you need to find the one that works for you and your application. For instance I (personally) would not advise buying that pretty Wilson Combat 1911 for a carry gun. It's a bit bulky and if you need to use it (God forbid) you will never see that gun again.

Likewise I (personally) would not choose a Ruger LCP for competition. It's very small, a bit squirrelly and I find the factory trigger a bit unpredictable.

Glocks are great, inexpensive, reliable and have a lot of support. You can get a small Glock to carry or get a full size frame and modify it for competition. However, they are not for everyone and you may or may not like it. Back to test drive, there are more options than you can think of.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the the Taurus, it's just some information.

With Taurus, there are good ones and bad ones. I don't know which are which, but I don't typically see people at the range with Taurus products. Also guns need maintenance and being less common you may have a harder time getting parts. CZ, Glock, HK, Kimber, Sig Sauer, Springfield, S&W, Ruger are all popular brands and you should be able to find parts and get them repaired quickly if needed.

To put this in perspective, if you look at https://www.midwayusa.com/ Taurus has 55 gun parts and Glock has 1635 Gun parts. It's not that Glocks are better, but they do have more support. Think Panda Hobby and Traxxas for support and parts.

Again it's just info, get what you like and works for you.

If you're going to carry a gun, your primary goal is to NOT use it. You will need to take a class, which is likely going to be BS. They are mostly run like driver's ed (when you get a ticket). Some states don't require any training, others require a few days. If there is a class, most of the time it's watch the guy with Power Point for 4-5hrs then go shoot a B52 target from different distances. I've seen the 3 local counties CCW quals, standard police qual and the armed guard qual. I could train a monkey to pass all of those quals in 4 hrs, it's usually that dumb. I've also seen a few SWAT quals and they are actually challenging and you need to really train for it.

After you purchase your pistol I highly recommend seeking more advanced training. If you can find one, force on force (using Simunition, UTM or similar) that focuses on situational awareness and deescalation is good training. I would avoid the "Mall Ninja" classes. They are training you how to be John Wick and to be frank John Wick is a psychopath. He went on a rampage for killing his dog, seriously?

One last thing, don't buy a crappy holster like these fine examples:
1670691237547.png
1670691149379.png

Buy a hard sided (Kydex or injection molded) holster that fits your gun properly. It should retain your gun, cover the trigger guard, never collapse under normal use and securely attach to your body. Bad holsters just cause problems that you don't want. They encourage (or require) bad habits and those habits can injure you or others. Here is a good write up on holster (http://www.actionpistolclub.com/holster.html)

Summary
Get basic training
Test drive, then buy
Get more training
Buy good equipment
Practice practice practice
Don't be a Mall Ninja

True … but having a CCW, 03FFL and countless items in the NFA registry, at this point they have my name and number if they really wanted it.

Many, many, many years ago bought some Colt 20 rounders from someone and unbeknownst to me, he stole them from the armory. Investigators had no problem tracking me down to try to get them back for evidence.
Exactly. They know what we have since we are the law abiding owners. The alphabet boys are a world class fishing team for the most part. The hate hearing, “You got a warrant?”

Mainly people who think they are cheap quality. I haven't had any experience with HiPoint, (if the government is reading this, I have never shot, seen, heard of, or touched a gun) but I have been told that the high quality guns are worth the money.
I’m pretty sure the only Hi Point fans are in inner city Chicago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back