Wnat to leearn guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBadazz

RCHolic
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Fireteam
  5. Granite
  6. Infraction
  7. Limitless
  8. Kraton 8S
  9. Kraton 6s
  10. Mojave EXB
  11. Notorious
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Outcast 6s
  14. Outcast 8s
  15. Senton 6s
  16. Senton 3s
  17. Senton Mega
  18. Talion
  19. Typhon 3s
  20. Typhon 6s
  21. Vendetta
  22. Vorteks
  23. Infraction 4x4
I hope this can be on the AF with no problems.

I'm not a wiz on guns I only ever bought one. A Taurus 709FS PT709 Slim 7+1 9mm (don't laugh), from Budsgunshop.com. I live in Chicago so no gun stores (yes just go to burbs). I want to pick up a few and get a CC license this year. So my question is what's a good under $600 option for a reliable good pistol?

For you owners let me know what you have? I'm trying to expand my hobbies.

I like Ruger 357s. Might be able to find one in that general price range.

@LicketySplit knows this subject very well.
I hope this can be on the AF with no problems.

I'm not a wiz on guns I only ever bought one. A Taurus 709FS PT709 Slim 7+1 9mm (don't laugh), from Budsgunshop.com. I live in Chicago so no gun stores (yes just go to burbs). I want to pick up a few and get a CC license this year. So my question is what's a good under $600 option for a reliable good pistol?

For you owners let me know what you have? I'm trying to expand my hobbies.
I'm in North Chicago burbs, Fox Lake area. It's going to come down to what you are comfortable with whether it's a single action or dual action carry gun. If there isn't one in the pipe, no point in CC'n. However, some will argue. I'm a Glock fan too. If you carry, make sure your gun stays stock and Crook County Chicago is much different than Crook County burbs. If you get pulled over in Crook County Chicago even with a CC, they still take your sh!t and you have to go pay to get it out.

Best advice, go to GAT Guns in West Dundee or Second Amendment in Mc Hennry. Rent a few and buy 50-100 rounds for each caliber you like. See what fits best in your hand and what you can group the best with. Most of the time you can and will get better with a gun even if it's not exactly what you want "feel" wise. When you go for your CC, you'll have to hit a silhouette about 15 feet in front of you "semi grouped" lol. Not too hard to do.

Get one with a happy switch:

7268E3E6-1688-40E5-8103-1B0F5DAC4427.jpeg

As far as personal defense, a Glock 19 is nice. Or an H&K VP9 but that might be slightly above your budget.

Please don’t get a Glock…..

Check out the H&K VP9

Check out glocktalk.com or 1911forum.com

There are a lot of guys including myself that can give you some pretty good information over there. You may even find threads on the exact thing you are asking.

Lol. You guys like to think for yourselves and won't buy an RC beginning with "T" but, are fine joining another cult called Glock. Let me grab some popcorn. Should be interesting.

A firearm is a tool. Period. Whether you use that tool for personal defense or competitive reasons, it’s still a tool. My Glocks have been put through the wringer. Countless training courses and thousands upon thousands of rounds. I clean them when I’m bored and they just keep going. That leads me to another point. Spend money on training. Lots of it. Just because you have a hammer doesn’t make you a carpenter.
When’s the 1911 guy going to enter the party?
He’s cleaning his double barreled break action shotgun at the moment.

When’s the 1911 guy going to enter the party?
They're not, they're too busy congratulating each other on being masters of the universe... the o.p. gave us his budget, it's hard to argue a glock or m&p at their price points, I agree there are plenty of options that are superior to both of those, but a self proclaimed newbie to the hobby is better off staying with something inexpensive that will still shoot good and spend the extra on ammo and range time... just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back