Wobble on all four driveshafts outcast 4s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twenty7kvn

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hey guys my Outcast 4s has wobble on all 4 driveshafts worst on the front right one. I've had this truck for a bit over a month now took it out maybe 5 times, bashed it pretty good ran it had on into a metal pool at pretty good speed (on 3s) and slid it into a metal fence too and that bent the shock, some screws and a turnbuckle on the front left. I check the drive shafts and they all seem to be straight, took off the wheels and took off the drive shafts and the bearings cleaned them and checked them all seemed to be ok, didn't remove the diffs yet didn't think that anything in there could cause this kind of wobble could be wrong tho hoping i'm not lol. Anyway thanks for any help in advance, hoping this is a cheap fix cause i really like this truck.

Edit: Also the center driveshaft seems to be straight and spinning with very little wobble.

Last edited:
Normal they all do that nothing to worry about just make sure theres not too much play on the u join if there is way too much loose the clutch a tiny bit

But the front right is wobbling worse than the others, that's normal too?
Mine are a bit worst i have a lot of pkay in the u joins in the front than the rear because i was a noob before they never poped out like others did they wobble under power because of the telecospic way the are made its not a tight fit where they slide against each other thats where the play comes from

(i remplaced the rear in a rebuild they still wobble like yours)

Mine are a bit worst i have a lot of pkay in the u joins in the front than the rear because i was a noob before they never poped out like others did they wobble under power because of the telecospic way the are made its not a tight fit where they slide against each other thats where the play comes from

(i remplaced the rear in a rebuild they still wobble like yours)
Oh ok, any videos on how to properly adjust the u joints?

Might be bad bearings. Check the wheel bearings for sure. Might be the yoke bearings too.

Oh ok, any videos on how to properly adjust the u joints?
The U join is the part where the driveshafts are holded togueter the metal thing who has the shape of a + when i say it has play it will stretch the plastic and causes play its going to have some play but if the holes are ridiculiusky stretched like mine were its going to have more play but if they don't break keep running them
14C7D5AD-1E78-4513-B78F-EE0BB9238EFD.jpeg

Are your tires vented? Do you ever run it in wet areas or in rain? Just wondering if tires has junk in them causing the wobble.

The U join is the part where the driveshafts are holded togueter the metal thing who has the shape of a + when i say it has play it will stretch the plastic and causes play its going to have some play but if the holes are ridiculiusky stretched like mine were its going to have more play but if they don't break keep running themView attachment 87469
Ok thanks.
Are your tires vented? Do you ever run it in wet areas or in rain? Just wondering if tires has junk in them causing the wobble.
NAh they aren't vented and i don't run it in wet areas.

Always good to vent them there is only good things to say about it the only con would be stuff can get in easier but it will fly off almost immedietly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back