Wobbly Wheels , Can it be the stock tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I have been chasing down a wobble in my front wheels since I got my notorious 3 weeks back. I have adjusted the pillow balls to no end. So my buddy game me a HPI savage XL 5.9 Nitro this past weekend and tonight I decided to throw the savage tires on the notorious and take it outside. I was really happy with how the truck drove. They arent as beefy as the stock notorious tires but they are a pretty hefty tire. I realized as I was running that the truck looked alot smoother. When I got in I put the truck up on my 1/8th scale lift and gave some throttle. To my surprise the wheels spun and all looked smooth. A few days back I did this same thing with the stock tires on and the table almost shook itself apart! Has anyone else experienced this? Can the stock wheels really be this much out of balance? what is everyone running as far as after market tires on their outcast/notorious

Mine are pretty out of balance, but it doesn't bother me enough to want to change tires. I love the Backflips.

I'd be interested in those junk Backflips, lol.
I have one particular set that weeble wobbles. Maybe I could marry the pairs to make a pare, lol.
Or how bout I send my ww's to you, lol?

You may have water and debri in you tires. Lots of guys will vent there tires meaning put holes in the out side and tape over the holes on the inside of the rim. This lets the muck fly out the holes when you give it the juice. There’s some videos on YouTube that show you how to do it. Works great imho.

You may have water and debri in you tires. Lots of guys will vent there tires meaning put holes in the out side and tape over the holes on the inside of the rim. This lets the muck fly out the holes when you give it the juice. There’s some videos on YouTube that show you how to do it. Works great imho.

Kind of related to the thread kind of not more of a rant.
Am I the only one who thinks that it is dumb that pretty much every wheel/tire manufacturer vents the wheels but not the tires? Everything I have ever read anywhere says to plug the holes in the wheels and vent the tire. Imho putting the holes in the wheels is about the dumbest thing they can do, as all these holes do is draw in dirt/dust/sand/poop whatever and that stuff just fills up your tires and throws them off balance, this will also lead to th tires splitting or tearing off the wheels as the crud tries to escape.

the racing wheels don't have the holes for 4inch tires and buggy tires but for some reason basher wheels do

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back