Granite Won’t go in reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Granite
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
My granite won’t go in reverse…it sometimes will but will just keep going when my hand isn’t one the throttle…I recently got a new esc and ever since then it has had this issue..however I also dropped the radio that day and I got a new one along with a receiver and I still have the issue. I think it’s something to do with the esc. The esc is a stock Arrma 3s one

Re-bind the transmitter and receiver, and consider a factory reset on the ESC.

Re-bind the transmitter and receiver, and consider a factory reset on the ESC.
I just tried a factory reset and it doesn’t even do it 🧐
I just tried a factory reset and it doesn’t even do it 🧐
Just tried re-binding the transmitter and got nothing
Here are the instructions I followed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 113
Is the ESC on F/B/R mode, and not on F/B mode?
ESCs can disable reverse, as it's often required on tracks.
Also, I don't know if the transmitter also has that function, but if it does, same thing.

Definitely Recalibrate the ESC Throttle endpoints to the radio. First thing. See the ESC manual in regards. No one mentioned this. Make sure Throttle settings are Neutral at the radio before doing this.
Could even be a bad radio trigger. Or incorrect Thr. setting at the radio. I had that before.
I also had intermittent Reverse issues with a failing ESC. Worse case. Doubt this. But can't rule it out. If all else fails.
Some food for thought.

My granite won’t go in reverse…it sometimes will but will just keep going when my hand isn’t one the throttle…I recently got a new esc and ever since then it has had this issue..however I also dropped the radio that day and I got a new one along with a receiver and I still have the issue. I think it’s something to do with the esc. The esc is a stock Arrma 3s one

Also, the SLT3 that comes with the new models has a reset on the radio itself...never hurts to try. Here are the instructions:

SLT3 FACTORY RESET

There is a hidden mode if you want to reset the servo travel and calibration in the transmitter.

1. Hold full left and full brake while powering the transmitter ON to put the transmitter into programming mode. The LED will flash 4 times then turns OFF to indicate factory reset.

2. Release the wheel and throttle trigger back to neutral and the LED will illuminate to indicate factory reset is complete. 3. Power the transmitter OFF.

thanks for the ideas guys. I will try the ideas that you guys told me to do…I don’t think the esc is faulty it’s brand new from Jenny’s RC. But you never know maybe it is faulty

I made a mistake in my earlier post.
I said, "Make sure the throttle trim dial on the receiver is set at neutral and recalibrate the throttle endpoints as SrC recommended"
I meant to say, " Make sure the throttle trim dial on the transmitter is set at neutral and recalibrate the throttle endpoints as SrC recommended."

Capture.JPG

How to recalibrate throttle endpoints:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back