Notorious Won't wheelie after so long into run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadlifex3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
New to forum not to hobby.
First wanted to say hello everyone!
Have a brand new Notorious 6s and it has been great. Well today I was running and after about 20 mins it wouldn’t wheelie. Normally that is not an issue.
I checked the cells and they were at 3.79 each. Battery is a Zeee 7200mah 80c. Is it possible the system was too hot? Of course I forgot my temp gun.
Anyways here is a picture of the new truck

14FD0AAB-17A2-4D2A-AA54-9B8CD5A9C52A.jpeg

Check the diff fluid levels. Mine was the same once the grub screws let loose...?
Even though it wheelies on command in the beginning? It only started after about 20 mins and 3.79 volts. The LVC on the factory esc is 3.4 right?

So I am still good to keep running it?
Only asking because years ago I don’t remember having any noticeable power loss till LVC kicked in.
If it matters I only have about 5 runs on this truck and battery.

Ok, I will it has cooled off and the battery is still sitting at the same 3.79v. So technically if it was the diff fluid getting hot/thin it should wheelie now?
Don’t mean that to sound rude but just want to process of eliminate before taking apart.

Oh wow had no idea they get that hot. If that is the issue what do y’all recommend? I believe I’ve seen where Rich Duperbash runs 200K or something like that.

It's all preference. If you like wheelies on demand 500k and an aluminum diff case. Be careful. There are good ones and junk ones

Apparently everyone is sold out of 500K diff fluid. Guess I’ll rock the stock fluid till then.

Did not want to start another thread.

This is possibly the 6th run on this battery. First time ever hitting LVC. Does this seem about right? I though LVC was 3.4...

41F30BE5-ECA5-459D-BF93-FCBE572B8555.jpeg

Here are a few pictures from today.

Attachments

• ECC257D7-266E-49BA-8075-D04B060241CC.jpeg
    ECC257D7-266E-49BA-8075-D04B060241CC.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 39
  • 02AF06FF-3AA5-47C8-B5A3-0AFF064E84CD.jpeg
    02AF06FF-3AA5-47C8-B5A3-0AFF064E84CD.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Did not want to start another thread.

This is possibly the 6th run on this battery. First time ever hitting LVC. Does this seem about right? I though LVC was 3.4...

View attachment 104061
Here are a few pictures from today.
Those cells are quite low. Not terrible. It should balance out after putting it on a storage charge. Try not to take them below 3.4v per cell on a normal basis.

Those cells are quite low. Not terrible. It should balance out after putting it on a storage charge. Try not to take them below 3.4v per cell on a normal basis.
I agree that is what is kind of throwing me off. Is it normal for the LVC to kick on lower like that? I did not run the truck after it slowed.

Have a lipo voltage checker coming in the mail tomorrow. I’m going to balance charge and take it out again tomorrow.Have not had any issues with it balancing out while charging.

I agree that is what is kind of throwing me off. Is it normal for the LVC to kick on lower like that? I did not run the truck after it slowed.

Have a lipo voltage checker coming in the mail tomorrow. I’m going to balance charge and take it out again tomorrow.Have not had any issues with it balancing out while charging.
That is quite low for a BLX185. Might consider buying a lipo alarm to prevent going that low.

Got the battery charged and it balanced fine. All cells are at 4.2v

is there a reason the charger said the mah was 3900? The battery is 7200mah and said it was 100%. Ive never had a charger show mah before and always went off the charge duration and cell voltage.

Got the battery charged and it balanced fine. All cells are at 4.2v

is there a reason the charger said the mah was 3900? The battery is 7200mah and said it was 100%. Ive never had a charger show mah before and always went off the charge duration and cell voltage.
It all depends on what was in it when you started charging. Just like your gas tank in your 1:1 vehicle. If you have a 10 gallon tank, you can’t always get 10 gallons in it at the pump. If you pull up and can only put 5 gallons in, you can assume it still had 5 gallons in it when you got there.

It all depends on what was in it when you started charging. Just like your gas tank in your 1:1 vehicle. If you have a 10 gallon tank, you can’t always get 10 gallons in it at the pump. If you pull up and can only put 5 gallons in, you can assume it still had 5 gallons in it when you got there.
Got ya. That makes sense. A lot has changed since I was last into this hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back