Granite Woo hoo! My granite 3s blx arrived!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammied

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Stoked!

My Granite 3s blx arrived. I immediately charged the batteries and did the esc setup.

This thing pulls wheelies way better then I thought it would! Just give it a quick throttle blip and wheelie city. Also way easy to launch it into jump mode off of about any bump. Really nice truck very pleasant surprise.

I only ran it once before dark. I made my own adapter to go from a pair of xt60 batteries to a ec5. And used 2 2200ma packs in parallel. Ran it a little over 15 minutes in 20 degree temps and 3" of snow. Never hit lvc but it had 3.8v in all 6 cells when I checked them.

Very pleased with the performance and run times out of these 2 smaller packs in parallel

My big batteries should be here this weekend

This truck is a hoot and worth every penny

A quick pic of my homade battery harness it uses 12awg off of each xt60 into the ec5

Attachments

• 1582682674560114127134833052809.jpg
    1582682674560114127134833052809.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 40
Stoked!

My Granite 3s blx arrived. I immediately charged the batteries and did the esc setup.

This thing pulls wheelies way better then I thought it would! Just give it a quick throttle blip and wheelie city. Also way easy to launch it into jump mode off of about any bump. Really nice truck very pleasant surprise.

I only ran it once before dark. I made my own adapter to go from a pair of xt60 batteries to a ec5. And used 2 2200ma packs in parallel. Ran it a little over 15 minutes in 20 degree temps and 3" of snow. Never hit lvc but it had 3.8v in all 6 cells when I checked them.

Very pleased with the performance and run times out of these 2 smaller packs in parallel

My big batteries should be here this weekend

This truck is a hoot and worth every penny

Six cells on a Granite 3s?

2 3s packs in parallel so still 3s voltage. Just double the mah capacity and continuous c rate so 4400ma and 70c continuous discharge and alot of burst discharge rate

I was surprised at the runtime and power. The 2 packs in parallel will probably run all the way down and be pretty close to the lvc of the esc after resting so 3.6v per cell. Making use of all the capacity during a run

2 3s packs in parallel so still 3s voltage. Just double the mah capacity and continuous c rate so 4400ma and 70c continuous discharge and alot of burst discharge rate

I was surprised at the runtime and power. The 2 packs in parallel will probably run all the way down and be pretty close to the lvc of the esc after resting so 3.6v per cell. Making use of all the capacity during a run

C-rating gets doubled too?

Thank you

The highest real continuous c rate of any lipo brand is about 50c. The blx100 has 12awg wire and good 12awg wire is good for about 90a or so continuous but can handle more in short bursts. According to all of the scientific charts that I have seen.
Looks like my 15 minutes without hitting lvc with the 2 small packs is pretty much inline with the 35 minutes out of the 7600 pack mentioned above.

By the time I hit lvc the runtime would be 20+ minutes. Ofcourse the runtime would be higher also if it wasn't 20 degrees out

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back