Woo-Hoo SBR 2.0 is here !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Been patiently waiting since the release , told my LHS to put aside a blue one for me , came in today !!!! Also excited as I brought my 8000mah batts with me cause I thought they would not fit , they do !!! You take out the foam spacer that is inside there for running I believe 5000mah batts . Thought I was gonna have to buy batteries to cause every vid I see , they are running the smaller 5000 . So I actually have 2 sets to run / use with this truck to ! Heavier than I thought to . Super excited to drive it , freakin raining like heck here !!! Some pics with the Mojave and Senton for size comparison . Now the Mojave seems small !!! LOL

IMG_4492.JPG

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4495.JPG

Congrats I hope to be picking one up in the future just waiting to see if it has any problems like the Lasernut. Can’t wait to see some video. Have fun with it it’s a awesome looking truck.

Very nice! I personally don't have space for anything anything bigger than the Mojave, I might be a tad jealous. :sick: :ROFLMAO: :love:
Thanks Doom ! As I've said before to you ....... I'm jealous of where you LIVE !!!!! Ah Cali , all year round nice weather !!!! Beautiful scenery , etc , etc !!!

What are the differences between the SBR 2.0 and 1.0? Horizon website shows new electronics, front a-arms and CVD's, updated roll cage. Anything else? Do you guys think there will be a 1/10 Baja Rey 2.0?

What are the differences between the SBR 2.0 and 1.0? Horizon website shows new electronics, front a-arms and CVD's, updated roll cage. Anything else? Do you guys think there will be a 1/10 Baja Rey 2.0?
I never owned that one , so I wouldn't know , but you can tell it is quite different .

I never owned that one , so I wouldn't know , but you can tell it is quite different .
Can it fit 2 4S batteries? If so, that's a major difference.

Can it fit 2 4S batteries? If so, that's a major difference.
Oh , sorry guys , that's what I was referring to , yes 2- 8000mah 4s batteries fit in there . I can see Bicketys point , the old one only ran on 6s ? As we speak , I just made 2 little pieces of foam so when the batteries are in there , they are not slamming around either !!! ( front to back ) , up and down the bottom door closes perfect also with these 2 - 4s 8000's

Last edited:
Well , have owned this truck for a week and a half , still haven't driven it yet til today , charged up the batteries , got the go pro ready , went out to my favorite bash spot , turn the truck on and ........... nothing !!!!! Well , the pretty LED lights came on , thats it , no steering / throttle ?? Seems like it is not bound , so went back home to read how to do it on this DX3 , went thru the motions and still nothing ( other than a couple times I somehow got it to go throttle and reverse , but never a hint of steering ) .
Update , learned that you MUST have the brake rate full ( clockwise ) , doesn't matter where the avc is , but more importantly , I was trying to bind with the truck nose down on ground ( holding it up by back bumper ) , apparently you MUST have the vehicle level ? Set it up on a stand level , turned the brake rate to 100% , and it bound and calibrated fine , so first drive WAS today , but a crappy one at that , out in the street in the dark !!! It is very torquey !! Now can't wait to drive when I can see it in the daytime !!!!

Last edited:
Oh , sorry guys , that's what I was referring to , yes 2- 8000mah 4s batteries fit in there . I can see Bicketys point , the old one only ran on 6s ? As we speak , I just made 2 little pieces of foam so when the batteries are in there , they are not slamming around either !!! ( front to back ) , up and down the bottom door closes perfect also with these 2 - 4s 8000's
just curious what brand of batteries are you referring to?

I have a SBR 2.0 on order, and was looking for something that will give me decent run time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back