Kraton WOOHOO!!! New Kraton!! A couple ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine. Upgraded servo, and servo mount, and added aluminum chassis braces instead of the plastic ones and changed esc to mamba monster 2 so I can run 5s, I feel 5s is the sweet spot, insane speed but no broken parts. Also added Tekno springs green and yellow. It's bullet proof.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 53
how about a picture with those new springs on it . i been thinking about getting them . did it raise the kraton up much ? i want more adjust-ability but don't want it topped out either .

I'll be in the Kraton Club too soon ;)
I ordered Kraton V2 + some accessories. I'm so excited right now cause this is my first "real" RC car.

Here is the list of what I ordered, can you guys please look at it and tell me if I've missed anything that is necessary to have?
7bVCQjc.png

I bought my kraton from modelsport.co.uk as well...very good price compared to here in sweden BUT i think you cannot order lipo batteries because of shipping security.

Yes, Lipos is okay to order, but Max 2 packs :)

Oh ok when i bought mine i really really wanted it asap and didnt wanna risk delay because of that :) dhl express and got it next day, still alot cheaper than here! Price same as my 1/16 e-revo...which my kids will bash the crap out of hehe i just wish i ordered the kraton at first point instead of the e-revo. enjoy your monster!

I love mine. Upgraded servo, and servo mount, and added aluminum chassis braces instead of the plastic ones and changed esc to mamba monster 2 so I can run 5s, I feel 5s is the sweet spot, insane speed but no broken parts. Also added Tekno springs green and yellow. It's bullet proof.
Hi, couple questions? Where did you get the aluminum chassis braces, and why green and yellow Tekno and not the orange like i keep hearing? Thanks.

So I have been out of the hobby for a few years and stopped in at a LHS to check out a E-Revo...I was missing my old one and the guy showed me the Kraton. He had the old version so I went home and ordered a new one from Tower and it finally arrived Monday! Along with the Kraton I also ordered all the upgrades except a servo. I got the RPM wing mounts,servo mount upgrade,Fast Eddy Bearings, Teckno Orange springs (Front and Back), Shock and diff oil,TBR Front (Talion) and Rear bumpers,a couple 4s lipos,battery charger,LiPo alarm and a temp gun!!! Figured why not get it now!!LOL
So I ran a few packs through it as soon as I got it and I love this rig!! So I brought it in and started taking it apart to start putting on some of the up grades. I got the shocks done with new springs and 60W front/70W rear. Got the RPM wing mount installed. Now I have moved on to replacing wheel bearings.
Anyways....Just wanted to say ...HEY!!
Tried to post a pic but it said the file was to big so I guess I will have to find my mini camera! LOL:cool:

I know it said a couple questions but I answered them myself! Just a little rusty at the moment!!
Hey there, good choice on the Kraton. I regretfully purchased an ERevo and sold it losing a significant amount of money to buy the Kraton. I'll probably save more money over time considering the durability of it. Out of curiosity, why did you get the talion TBR bumpers instead of the ones for the Kraton? Also, how did you make the decision to use 60W front and 70W rear shock oil? Thanks!

Some high flying Kraton action. This truck flies so well. I use those springs cause they were recommended and work well, the orange may work well too.

Trout

Does anyone have spare Durango diff shims ? Part number TD310475. I wont have any till Sept. 22nd. Private message me if you are willing to sell some. Thanks much.

The flex doesn't seem to be a big deal, it helps to prevent breakage. My Slash RPM A-Arms are like wet noodles....they take serious abuse and just keep going. Some flex on a basher is a good thing in my opinion. I kept that servo stock for now. Yes the servo saver should do the job but I'll see how the stock mount holds up.

I look at it the same....says 6S on the box.....I'm running it on all 6 cylinders !!!! No 4 banger for me. LOL

Tower HAD the shims,, I have a set coming.

Ya I used to run nothing but 6s in my ERBE and it was sick but from everything I've been reading says the Kraton blows it away.
My ten year old runs 4s 60c Zippy 7.4 lipos but I let him run the SPC 7400mah 70c 11.1v Bricks in his Kraton V2 ONLY in the Costco lot. Lots of space - wide open. Only place where you can do a safe speed run. Will be sure to post our newest member of our Arrma Family This weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 35
So I have been out of the hobby for a few years and stopped in at a LHS to check out a E-Revo...I was missing my old one and the guy showed me the Kraton. He had the old version so I went home and ordered a new one from Tower and it finally arrived Monday! Along with the Kraton I also ordered all the upgrades except a servo. I got the RPM wing mounts,servo mount upgrade,Fast Eddy Bearings, Teckno Orange springs (Front and Back), Shock and diff oil,TBR Front (Talion) and Rear bumpers,a couple 4s lipos,battery charger,LiPo alarm and a temp gun!!! Figured why not get it now!!LOL
So I ran a few packs through it as soon as I got it and I love this rig!! So I brought it in and started taking it apart to start putting on some of the up grades. I got the shocks done with new springs and 60W front/70W rear. Got the RPM wing mount installed. Now I have moved on to replacing wheel bearings.
Anyways....Just wanted to say ...HEY!!
Tried to post a pic but it said the file was to big so I guess I will have to find my mini camera! LOL:cool:

I know it said a couple questions but I answered them myself! Just a little rusty at the moment!!
I've had my kraton for a few months and was gonna do all bearings but I have not had one go bad I keep it pretty clean and it doesn't get ran in standing water. wet grass yes but no puddles ect... i had heard horror stories about bearings but I'm very happy with the factory bearings. i also clean and spray dry lube on it frequently. i want to see pics when it's done. I had tbo.. Front an it was like a shovel I ended up breaking it in half I got a new one but have not put it on, I think I am going to use it but cut it down and back some. i lover my kraton keep an eye on tires and wheels I had a couple come unglued but I was running game 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back