Kraton WOOHOO!!! New Kraton!! A couple ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejimbo4

Reaction score
So I have been out of the hobby for a few years and stopped in at a LHS to check out a E-Revo...I was missing my old one and the guy showed me the Kraton. He had the old version so I went home and ordered a new one from Tower and it finally arrived Monday! Along with the Kraton I also ordered all the upgrades except a servo. I got the RPM wing mounts,servo mount upgrade,Fast Eddy Bearings, Teckno Orange springs (Front and Back), Shock and diff oil,TBR Front (Talion) and Rear bumpers,a couple 4s lipos,battery charger,Lipo alarm and a temp gun!!! Figured why not get it now!!LOL
So I ran a few packs through it as soon as I got it and I love this rig!! So I brought it in and started taking it apart to start putting on some of the up grades. I got the shocks done with new springs and 60W front/70W rear. Got the RPM wing mount installed. Now I have moved on to replacing wheel bearings.
Anyways....Just wanted to say ...HEY!!
Tried to post a pic but it said the file was to big so I guess I will have to find my mini camera! LOL:cool:

I know it said a couple questions but I answered them myself! Just a little rusty at the moment!!

Welcome!
You'll love the Kraton. It's a beasty.

Congrats on the new Kraton !!!! Run it on 6S when you get the feel for it.

Definite 6s in the future. I figured a couple 4s packs to start until I get any bugs worked out and can get the diffs shimmed up. I know the breakage comes with the 6s packs! LOL

Absolutely.... Take your time and get it dialed in and fine tuned. I'm still getting there myself. Glad to hear from another Kraton owner. It's unreal on 6s. Love it.

I was like that underage kid at a college party that went straight for the 40oz.er's instead of the Coor's Light cans when I got my Kraton.
No "4s" Coors Light for me...It said "6s" on the side of the body and thats what I was going to run!

Haha, just playing. It's mega fun on 4s and just silly on 6s...Kratons can take a beating.

Ya I used to run nothing but 6s in my ERBE and it was sick but from everything I've been reading says the Kraton blows it away.

Cool. I never had a chance to run an E-Revo. (Heck, I've never seen one run in person...) But having a Kraton, I don't think i need to look into an E-Revo!

I'll be in the Kraton Club too soon ;)
I ordered Kraton V2 + some accessories. I'm so excited right now cause this is my first "real" RC car.

Here is the list of what I ordered, can you guys please look at it and tell me if I've missed anything that is necessary to have?
7bVCQjc.png

You will probably want to get some Tekno "Orange" springs for the front and rear and do the servo mount up-grade because there is a lot of flex in the stock mount but I haven't had any issues yet and get you some RPM wing mounts. They say the wing mounts are the first thing to break on you pretty much so i replaced them right out the box. So far I am really impressed with the Kraton. I am running it on 4s right now to work any bugs out and get the feel of it. 6s is crazy power so I wouldn't put those Badlands on tell you ruin those stock tires which I'm guessing will happen pretty quickly! LOL

You will probably want to get some Tekno "Orange" springs for the front and rear and do the servo mount up-grade because there is a lot of flex in the stock mount but I haven't had any issues yet and get you some RPM wing mounts. They say the wing mounts are the first thing to break on you pretty much so i replaced them right out the box. So far I am really impressed with the Kraton. I am running it on 4s right now to work any bugs out and get the feel of it. 6s is crazy power so I wouldn't put those Badlands on tell you ruin those stock tires which I'm guessing will happen pretty quickly! LOL

Forgot to mention that I've ordered the Tekno Orange 90mm Springs from another source :)

About the ESC mount, where do I get up-grade?

I thought that the wing mount was upgraded on V2 model, but it is still a problem?

I'll be in the Kraton Club too soon ;)
I ordered Kraton V2 + some accessories. I'm so excited right now cause this is my first "real" RC car.

Here is the list of what I ordered, can you guys please look at it and tell me if I've missed anything that is necessary to have?

Hi Molle 123
Welcome to the forum. Where do you buy from and are those prices plus tax. Or does that "ea" mean plus tax. Otherwise that's some good prices.
One can only hope.

Hi Molle 123
Welcome to the forum. Where do you buy from and are those prices plus tax. Or does that "ea" mean plus tax. Otherwise that's some good prices.
One can only hope.
Hi! Ordered from http://www.modelsport.co.uk
I live in Sweden so that is the actual prices that are listed. Those prices are for everyone in EU. If you live outside EU you will probably have to pay custom fees.

Hi! Ordered from http://www.modelsport.co.uk
I live in Sweden so that is the actual prices that are listed. Those prices are for everyone in EU. If you live outside EU you will probably have to pay custom fees.

Ok, thanks, ha ha! I see now I was reading too fast. The prices are in GBP not in EUR. Then it's standard euro prices with transport included. It's only in Sweden we have over priced Arrmas. I live in Sweden too and I bought my Granite from Germany.

Ok, thanks, ha ha! I see now I was reading too fast. The prices are in GBP not in EUR. Then it's standard euro prices with transport included. It's only in Sweden we have over priced Arrmas. I live in Sweden too and I bought my Granite from Germany.
Hehe okey, I understand. Yes prices here in Sweden is way too high!

I asked christer @ www.kullagergrossisten.se to take in 2 x kraton for me, arrived last friday 26/8, so i have barely looked at them yet, going to uppgrade them before i use em.I did a quick test 6cell with 14 tooth pinion and its sick :p

He sold em for me @ 5000kr each.

1 will run on 4cell for my son "he is 6years old" and 1 will run on 6cell for me :)

Does anyone have spare Durango diff shims ? Part number TD310475. I wont have any till Sept. 22nd. Private message me if you are willing to sell some. Thanks much.

The flex doesn't seem to be a big deal, it helps to prevent breakage. My Slash RPM A-Arms are like wet noodles....they take serious abuse and just keep going. Some flex on a basher is a good thing in my opinion. I kept that servo stock for now. Yes the servo saver should do the job but I'll see how the stock mount holds up.

I was like that underage kid at a college party that went straight for the 40oz.er's instead of the Coor's Light cans when I got my Kraton.
No "4s" Coors Light for me...It said "6s" on the side of the body and thats what I was going to run!

Haha, just playing. It's mega fun on 4s and just silly on 6s...Kratons can take a beating.

I look at it the same....says 6S on the box.....I'm running it on all 6 cylinders !!!! No 4 banger for me. LOL

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back