Work with me here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
Got bored with my Yeti XL, decided to get back to planning my Mojave 6/ Kraton Exb projects that will be here next month. For the EXB I purchased BLX 4074 2050 kv BLX185 ESC, ADS-15M (Going to be replaced by DS470BLHV) and spektrum DX3. Question... is the BLX 185 compatible with SR315 ? Doesn’t seem to fit and I’m hesitant to try and force it in. I went ahead and bound TTX300/TR325 to my EXB power plant (I know it’s wimpy) and everything runs well. I’m planning on keeping the DX3 to swap into the Mojave.. but will I Run into the same problem? The Mojave is BLX185 also right?

7B1F7E2B-A45F-45EB-9AB3-F98768A89C09.jpeg

AD254183-D780-420B-8CDC-765DDF170E0F.jpeg

Yes, these are all standard plugs. It's a tight fit but no problem.
You could blunt the edges on the connector just slightly, easier to insert.

Yes, these are all standard plugs. It's a tight fit but no problem.
You could blunt the edges on the connector just slightly, easier to insert.
Really? I’m expected to use this?

2FD82DFA-E49D-4655-BC47-63997AC54DFB.jpeg

0BB3E549-2D36-4D31-99F7-EF529244DF42.jpeg

To connect to my receiver?

Last edited:
Really? I’m expected to use this?

View attachment 97090

View attachment 97091
To connect to my receiver?
Looks like Horizon is taking their new technology in the direction of Apple. Proprietary connectors so you have to buy all Spectrum products to make it work. I'd pop the lid on the receiver and shave down the plastic at the opening. Quick fix and you can use all your standard connectors.

..or..as I stated earlier blunt that edge. I used sandpaper, a file might be a bit overkill.
My connector fits just fine.
Look closely at the receiver, there is a little notch on the top side while your connector is square.

Pphhhtt ! So I can’t plug straight up?
Looks like Horizon is taking their new technology in the direction of Apple. Proprietary connectors so you have to buy all Spectrum products to make it work. I'd pop the lid on the receiver and shave down the plastic at the opening. Quick fix and you can use all your standard connectors.
Popping and shaving? Really?
Sandpaper/sledgehammer?
Why can’t I just plug the d#@# thing straight in?
..or..as I stated earlier blunt that edge. I used sandpaper, a file might be a bit overkill.
My connector fits just fine.
Look closely at the receiver, there is a little notch on the top side while your connector is square.
Gonna look closely tomorrow. Little notch topsides okay ? I’m looking for a good electronic fit without having to sand/file/hammer.

Last edited:

Sandpaper/sledgehammer?

With everything I've seen people do to their RCs from zip tie all the things, tapes/Velcro/glues, janky body mods, ghetto soldering and wiring... enough is enough. Time to draw a line somewhere.... and that is at filing/sanding little tiny pieces of plastic. ?

With everything I've seen people do to their RCs from zip tie all the things, tapes/Velcro/glues, janky body mods, ghetto soldering and wiring... enough is enough. Time to draw a line somewhere.... and that is at filing/sanding little tiny pieces of plastic. ?
Okay,just to be clear here... I should not expect a smooth plug in? Unless I hammer/ sand /grind/nibble /mumbly peg?

Last edited:
It’s a really tight fit - especially the throttle position on the receiver - I’ve found that putting the steering servo helps a bit to serve as a guide for making sure the ESC connector is aligned.

Okay,just to be clear here... I should not expect a smooth plug in? Unless I hammer/ sand /grind/nibble /mumbly peg?
Once upon a time several manufacturers made servo plugs relatively the same using the same rectangle shaped housing. However some manufacturers made the shape of their plugs slightly different for whatever reasons, but they can still all work with eachother with very minor modification.

JR and Spektrum plugs/receiver ports have a beveled corner(s) which prevents their plugs from going in backwards. Futuba plugs are keyed with a little plastic tab on the side for the same reason. Then you got Airtronics and Hitec, all slight variations of the same thing.

So as far as expecting a smooth fit well you can see that depending on who made what plug/port it may require some tiny effort like cutting off the keyed tab or beveling a corner with a hobby knife/nail file/sandpaper.

Servo-Motor-Connectors.png

Last edited:

Sandpaper/sledgehammer?

Gonna look closely tomorrow. Little notch topsides okay ? I’m looking for a good electronic fit without having to sand/file/hammer.
You asked if it can be done, and the answer was no unless you modify the plug or the receiver. Did you not start this thread looking for reccomendations? Really.

Sorry guys, that last beer ? made me grumpy. I have a dozen rigs all have tactics. New different receiver just throwing me for a loop.?

You asked if it can be done, and the answer was no unless you modify the plug or the receiver. Did you not start this thread looking for reccomendations? Really.
Sorry, I feel dumb ? everything I have is Tactic. Never had a issue. Too many beers ? last night ?
Once upon a time several manufacturers made servo plugs relatively the same using the same rectangle shaped housing. However some manufacturers made the shape of their plugs slightly different for whatever reasons, but they can still all work with eachother with very minor modification.

JR and Spektrum plugs/receiver ports have a beveled corner(s) which prevents their plugs from going in backwards. Futuba plugs are keyed with a little plastic tab on the side for the same reason. Then you got Airtronics and Hitec, all slight variations of the same thing.

So as far as expecting a smooth fit well you can see that depending on who made what plug/port it may require some tiny effort like cutting off the keyed tab or beveling a corner with a hobby knife/nail file/sandpaper.

View attachment 97143
Apologies to you too.

Sorry, I feel dumb ? everything I have is Tactic. Never had a issue. Too many beers ? last night ?

Apologies to you too.
Haha no worries dude. I get the same way about cars that mix Metric and SAE bolt sizes. "WHY DOESN'T IT JUST FIT I DON'T UNDERSTAND"

Apologies to you too.
All good. I like to help where I can. Sometimes my suggestions aren't mainstream, but if you knew how I wreck my rc's, and the extremes I go to for a cheap repair, you'd understand my thought process. Now plug that damn thing together and go bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back