Working parents and home schooling ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porschetech🇬🇪

South London hooligan Living in Cali
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
hopefully I’m not the only one who’s going through this. There’s absolutely no way that I can force my kids to do their online school work while I do my own work at the same time. I have to answer to someone as to why I haven’t done this, that or the other.

There is a crisis going on at the moment and I hope the schools/teachers can fully understand why working parents cannot fulfil the school curriculum and expect us to earn an income at the same time.

my rant for the day ?

Anyone else having similar issues?

Last edited:
hopefully I’m not the only one who’s going through this. There’s absolutely no way that I can force my kids to do their online school work while I do my own work at the same time. I have to answer to someone as to why I haven’t done this, that or the other.

There is a crisis going on at the moment and I hope the schools/teachers can fully understand why working parents cannot fulfil the school curriculum and expect us to earn an income at the same time.

my rant for the day ?

Sorry brother, I know you have your hands full more now than ever. I know this may not be the best way but can you pay them? Like allowance or something to entice them to do it? I know you’ve probably tried yelling at them and it’s not like grounding them will make a difference right now either.

Sorry brother, I know you have your hands full more now than ever. I know this may not be the best way but can you pay them? Like allowance or something to entice them to do it? I know you’ve probably tried yelling at them and it’s not like grounding them will make a difference right now either.
Fortnite and Roblox bribes haven’t worked ?

my rant for the day ?
Same pickle here. My wife is a vp and you aren’t the only one. The schools expectations are very low. Don’t sweat it.

Same pickle here. My wife is a vp and you aren’t the only one. The schools expectations are very low. Don’t sweat it.
I actually gave up on the first day. ?

on a serious note the ex missus is going to say something to me about it. Like I wasn’t firm enough, a bad parent, etc. I think you get my drift.

sorry but I’m not going to yell & scream at them about it where we are all going to be stressed and miserable. I’m doing what I can by giving them someone to stay while I work and making sure they eat throughout the day.
I bet you, that your not the only one in that situation...
Might wanne play it the other way round...no rc till schoolwork is done xd
With the temp going up they tend to not want to play RC anyways. Seems like I’ve been the only one lately who does ?

I told my son a long time ago when he wanted a pair of Air Jordan's. I said Son, you see Michael flying through the air with the ball in his hand on the side of the shoe? He said Yeah dad. I said moving forward that's what your going to look like going through your bedroom wall and falling outside to the ground if you don't listen. Ever since he's been on the same page. Sometimes I'll have to remind him by saying "Michael" then he realigns..

Restricting the phone with my handy app and WiFi works too! If he doesn't give me straight A's that phone goes away. Only number that works is mine:devilish: Ever since, I get straight A's!

I told my son a long time ago when he wanted a pair of Air Jordan's. I said Son, you see Michael flying through the air with the ball in his hand on the side of the shoe? He said Yeah dad. I said moving forward that's what your going to look like going through your bedroom wall and falling outside to the ground if you don't listen. Ever since he's been on the same page. Sometimes I'll have to remind him by saying "Michael" then he realigns..

Restricting the phone with my handy app and WiFi works too! If he doesn't give me straight A's that phone goes away. Only number that works is mine:devilish: Ever since, I get straight A's!
Yeah I have internet control on my app. I turn it off if he doesn’t listen but that only lasts so long. He’s just like his mother. Stubborn as anything. Hence why she has an issue with him trying to do his work.

I'm kinda in charge of making sure one kid does his work, my wife is in charge of the other. Fortunately I got the hard-working, diligent one and not the irresponsible (but smart) kid.

Doesn't seem fair that one parent has to make sure all the kids get stuff done if both are working, just my opinion.

Yeah I have internet control on my app. I turn it off if he doesn’t listen but that only lasts so long. He’s just like his mother. Stubborn as anything. Hence why she has an issue with him trying to do his work.

How about just a good old fashioned ass whoopin? I'm GEN-X, we got them quite frequently! Tell you what, never did "that" again!

Parenting is just like dog training.. The second you give in or show weakness, they walk right over you. Consistency and FOLLOW THROUGH is KEY, you and your wife have to be on the same page. I'm not the parent of the world but I'll tell you what, I get what I want, when I want it. ;)

How about just a good old fashioned ass whoopin? I'm GEN-X, we got them quite frequently! Tell you what, never did "that" again!

No kidding, I'm not as tough on my kids as my dad was to me, but I'm probably still in the top 10% of ass-whooping dads. One of my boys is bigger than me now though, so last time I had to take his phone and smash it on the ground in the kitchen. LOL.

Unfortunately there are strict guidelines in the divorce papers. One of them is physical discipline. No hitting of the kids allowed under any circumstances. I’m kinda ok with that but I do threaten them with the belt which gets a quick reaction. I can get most things done actively by disconnecting the internet. The schoolwork malarkey is proving otherwise. They hate school which sadly I can relate to cause when I was their age I hated it too. They don’t know that but I try to emphasise the importance of school to them.

My kids are addicted to their screens. We have several stipulations before they get their screens: they have to go outside, they have to do their school work (on a school day) and no rudeness (they know what that means). If they fail to comply, no tablet, no video games, no computer. It's a simple formula, but some days are harder than others. Early bedtimes and a (semi) rigid schedule seem to help these days. It's too easy to fall into chaos without some rules in place (thank god my wife is far better at that part than me).

Our school is staying very rigid in the scheduling. My son will be online with his teacher for his normally scheduled time, except gym. So science from 9:00-9:50, English from 10:00-10:50, etc......

This all begins next week. This coming week is his spring break. Last week they emailed work from a few classes to do and get in the swing og things for e-learning.

I feel for you guys, I t’s going to be tough. Funny, around here the kids across the street have dirt bikes now. I didn’t even think kids rode dirt bikes anymore. I must say I was encourage to see it. Riding and maintaining a dirt bike will not get them good grades but teach them a lot of life lessons.

Thankfully much of the school year is over. Really feel sorry for hs and college seniors, special time you only get once...

I heard through the grapevine. School will be cancelled the rest of the year??‍♂️
That’s what I keep hearing. I think California will and Alberta Canada has already done that. (So I’ve been told)

Put them in the car and take a drive through the trailer park side of town. Then take them home and explain that the only reason why you don't live in a trailer is because you have an education and are of value to your employer.

Either they'll get it or they won't.

Unless they think you'll keep supporting them through their 20s. May need to have a chat about that too..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back