Kraton Works for 20 or so seconds on Powering ON and then Halts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

varunkaul

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
was driving it around for 5 minutes it was working perfectly fine and then suddenly it stopped so i thought i would be the batteries but the thing is every time i turn it ON it works for 20 seconds and then the tyres just stop....the steering still responds to the transmitter though ...and batteries are also fine ..any idea ?

all the temps also seem fine and as nothing is hot to touch and i am running stock everything on 6s

just checked the batteries by connecting them to the charger..
1st 3S pack --- 1 of the cells is at 2.7 V......rest 2 are 3.2V and 3.3V
2nd 3S pack --- 1 of the cells is at 3.0V...... rest 2 are 3.4 and 3.3 V

is this the reason that its halting as if someone is applying the BRAKES .....because of the drop in voltage in 1 of the cells in each of the packs ?

Also i am using onyx 245 and on charging hardly for 2 minutes all the individual cells in each of the packs are now above 3.5V+..using it with the balancing circuit connected

Last edited:
was driving it around for 5 minutes it was working perfectly fine and then suddenly it stopped so i thought i would be the batteries but the thing is every time i turn it ON it works for 20 seconds and then the tyres just stop....the steering still responds to the transmitter though ...and batteries are also fine ..any idea ?

all the temps also seem fine and as nothing is hot to touch and i am running stock everything on 6s

just checked the batteries by connecting them to the charger..
1st 3S pack --- 1 of the cells is at 2.7 V......rest 2 are 3.2V and 3.3V
2nd 3S pack --- 1 of the cells is at 3.0V...... rest 2 are 3.4 and 3.3 V

is this the reason that its halting as if someone is applying the BRAKES .....because of the drop in voltage in 1 of the cells in each of the packs ?

Also i am using onyx 245 and on charging hardly for 2 minutes all the individual cells in each of the packs are now above 3.5V+..using it with the balancing circuit connected
It is hitting the low voltage cutoff. A fully charged battery will have cells at 4.2V and the low voltage cutoff is set to 3.2V per cell.

I had a slight feeling it was due to the batteries but couldn't wait to confirm it :)

I thought maybe something else might have gone wrong

Yeah,... I understand. But if you are looking for troubleshooting it is always better to keep out changeable parts. (like battery´s in you're case)
Btw, Do you charging the LiPo´s in balancer mode? It is better to do that always.
I would be skeptical if I see that kind of drifting from the cell voltage. After charging I always take a look on my charger to check each cell voltage. If one cell always drifting so far away after driving, you should consider to change this Lipo.
Otherwise it can happens that it makes "Puff!" while driving and in worst case you need a new car (after that burned out)...
I had luck since I use Lipo´s but I also do not use ballooned Lipo´s anymore and replace them.

No matter, problem solved! ;)

ya i always check each of the individual cell voltages.....they are all usually between 4.18 ..4.19 and 4.20 when I am done charging and i always use the balancing circuit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back