Limitless World record speed build, round 2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limitless202+

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
Phew, ok. This isnt my first rodeo at speedrunning, and to say that would be putting it very lightly.
all i do is speedrun cars, i knew it was all i wanted from the very first time i went over 50mph to the time i am writing this build log. Before i get into the fastest car i will ever build, here’s a bit of backstory about me and speedrunning.
got my first fast car, a typhon 6s BLX. Living in urban Colorado i can off-road it, so i made it a street bash, and it was easiest to go in a strait line, so thats what i did, hoons came. 80mph. Optimal greasing came, 110mph. 8s came, 135mph and eventually the stretch to a longer chassis came, with an even larger motor aannd… 152mph.
got a 3s typhon, went down the same path topping out at 116mph, got a bandit, 40mph. (Ok so i left that one stock except for bigger tyres)
so it was all leadin to this, it seems like the limitless is about to do over 200mph, so I’m jumping on the bandwagon, step 1 of the build was, take it out of the box, not take it out of the box and rip it into a billion bits. I tried that with the last limitless build and it was more effort then it was worth, instead, I’m going to buy all of the parts to handle the speed, and slowly add on more power until one of the bits busts, then i will replace it, there isnt a point of buying more then you need, in my mind.
all in all, i got it running on the full recommended power system right now, and it did 91mph, far cry from 240, but for not wanting it all immeatiatly, the plan is i can use the money down the road.
moving forward, I’m putting an 1100kv 2028 motor in it with an xlx2 right now, hopefully to get 140mph. After that comes a 1721 for maybe up to 180, then going to have to work some magic for the last 60mph.
will i do it? Maybe. You never know, but the only reason I’m doing this is to get the hobby farther, and if I can’t do that, someone else will, I’m sure of it. But until i have an update, I’m happy to answer your questions about the build.

Sounds good.
I have my eyes on the 1721 motor also.

I should have some of these soon if you are interested in giving it a try.... Raz is dragging his feet on testing it right now.

3Capture.JPG

Yes please! Where can i contact you about one?
Post lots of pics! Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind
I will make sure to post lots of pics. Give me 5 and ill post the first one.
Got some perfect pass carbon of it, and the 2028 in, think I’m getting the xlx2 back in a couple days, fully solderd. Have an SR315 reviver with a dx3 at the moment, just to get it rolling for some tests,
have any ideas for a long range radio?
thinking either radiolink RC6GS v2, fly sky noble 18ch, or futaba 7pxr, but whatever has the best range is what I’m getting.
Sounds good.
I have my eyes on the 1721 motor also.

I should have some of these soon if you are interested in giving it a try.... Raz is dragging his feet on testing it right now.

View attachment 190638
Hey, do you also have a link for some good 240mph tyres?
If anyone cares, the servo is a savox sc-1258tg, and it is the fastest thing this side of the galaxy, for only 90 dollars at my local hobby shop.

also, running 39:34 gearing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Yes please! Where can i contact you about one?

I will make sure to post lots of pics. Give me 5 and ill post the first one.
Got some perfect pass carbon of it, and the 2028 in, think I’m getting the xlx2 back in a couple days, fully solderd. Have an SR315 reviver with a dx3 at the moment, just to get it rolling for some tests,
have any ideas for a long range radio?
thinking either radiolink RC6GS v2, fly sky noble 18ch, or futaba 7pxr, but whatever has the best range is what I’m getting.

Hey, do you also have a link for some good 240mph tyres?
If anyone cares, the servo is a savox sc-1258tg, and it is the fastest thing this side of the galaxy, for only 90 dollars at my local hobby shop.

also, running 39:34 gearing.

I am still waiting on the manufacturer to get the first batch of carbon bodies sent to me. So far things have not gone very good with this manufacturer....

For tires/wheels there are only 1 option which have been ran in to the 190s. BSR 1/8 foams in the purple compound. Possibly Gone Bananas only available via emailing the guy or hitting him up on Facebook as a second option.

For the Radio there are none that will work out of the box for 170+ mph speeds. All will need a signal booster installed. The 1721 motor needs 3000+ feet to wind up to 60,000 - 65,000 rpms.
Currently the majority of us like the FlySky Noble NB4 as the radio of choice due to the built in throttle speed function similar to Raz's perfect pass (but digital, more precise, and easier to use)
I will add that it is a bit harder to install the booster on this radio than some other radios, but I have a guide on how-to install the booster in the NB4 radio.

I am still waiting on the manufacturer to get the first batch of carbon bodies sent to me. So far things have not gone very good with this manufacturer....

For tires/wheels there are only 1 option which have been ran in to the 190s. BSR 1/8 foams in the purple compound. Possibly Gone Bananas only available via emailing the guy or hitting him up on Facebook as a second option.

For the Radio there are none that will work out of the box for 170+ mph speeds. All will need a signal booster installed. The 1721 motor needs 3000+ feet to wind up to 60,000 - 65,000 rpms.
Currently the majority of us like the FlySky Noble NB4 as the radio of choice due to the built in throttle speed function similar to Raz's perfect pass (but digital, more precise, and easier to use)
I will add that it is a bit harder to install the booster on this radio than some other radios, but I have a guide on how-to install the booster in the NB4 radio.
I think one of the most capable speed-runners on the forum should test one out...I vote @jondilly1974 ......not only is his video,editing,off the charts,but he can kinda drive tooo....😅🤣😂would love to see someone capable of pushing your amazing bodies to the limit..

I think one of the most capable speed-runners on the forum should test one out...I vote @jondilly1974 ......not only is his video,editing,off the charts,but he can kinda drive tooo....😅🤣😂would love to see someone capable of pushing your amazing bodies to the limit..

Thanks man!
Jon has my original V1 body which has excessive front downforce.
Raz and another big name speed runner have my V2 body now. I think everyone is waiting on better weather to test more. Winter is either wet, too windy, or too cold to run at these higher speeds.

There is also a guy in Florida that ran my V2 body already at 157 mph and needs to gear up to test it again. He was very happy with it and wants 2 more :LOL:

Thanks man!
Jon has my original V1 body which has excessive front downforce.
Raz and another big name speed runner have my V2 body now. I think everyone is waiting on better weather to test more. Winter is either wet, too windy, or too cold to run at these higher speeds.

There is also a guy in Florida that ran my V2 body already at 157 mph and needs to gear up to test it again. He was very happy with it and wants 2 more :LOL:
Now that I have the shocks locked out I should be able to run the V1 body. The other concern for me back when I tried it the first time was radio range. I now have longer antennas to overcome the CF body signal blockage.

Aiight fellas, i got an issue, or more of a bit of a concern.I got 3 perfect roads that are dead flat with no manholes in the way, and I want to know (with an XLX2 and 1100kv combo) how fast I could theoretically get to on those roads,
the first road is about 720 feet long, but it ends in a cross section, giving me about 650 feet.
second road is 1450 feet long, with ZERO traffic.
and the third road is a full mile, with zero obstructions.
and back to my main question, could 150mph be possible with this setup?

I would focus on running on the same road every time.
As a general rule I would say 14 ft per mph for the perfect run that includes a slowly delivered acceleration and slow decel.
With that said I have done 100 mph in 800 ft, which comes out to 8 ft per mph.

150mph is possible with that setup. Innovation RC has done it and has videos of it on YT.

Alright, what is that setups top speed?

Thank you.

Guys, can the 2028 1100kv motor run on only one 4s lipo?

just want to know what is the lowest it can run, out of curiosity, since i cant find the answer on castle

Guys, can the 2028 1100kv motor run on only one 4s lipo?

just want to know what is the lowest it can run, out of curiosity, since i cant find the answer on castle
Yes of course. It won’t hit very high RPMs but it will work for sure.

Great, here’s a question, what would rev higher?

a 100c 4s lipo, or a 30c 6s?

STATUS UPDATE:

got the xlx2 soldered with an ec5 connector and installed. (Before you ask, i will be moving to a qs8 connector soon, but i have other plans for this xlx2, since this is just the alpha testing step of the car.)
here in colorado, we got next to zero snow all year… then in 2022.. we get 1 foot of snow, blocking all of my speedrunning roads. Gotta love the weather.
usually i would run on a 1600 foot long road, and for big speed runs i have a full mile, that has slightly worse quality.
this time i just wanted to slightly open the car up and get some speed, so i ran on a few different lipos on seperate runs.
first thing i ran was a lectron pro 50c 5200mah 3S lipo, couldnt rev the motor up very much, but in my 550 foot long road i managed 44mph.
second was a ZEEE 8000mah 100c 3S lipo, that also could not get the motor revving a lot, and i don't think it was full up, since i did not intend to drive on it, and i got 47mph.
third was a spektrum 50c 5000mah 6s lipo, and while i limited the car to 75 percent throttle on the remote, and only hit about 90 percent throttle during the pass. None the less i hit 55mph.
while this is a 160mph capable setup, i think i did good for the circumstances that i am in.
next is to get the car on the 1600 foot long road, and see about hitting 110 for the first time, i have good confidence for it, since on the 4074 2050kv motor i had in it (the recomended power system) i did 91mph on that.
You guys got any advice for moving forward?
Also, where can i buy BSR 1/8 purple foams?

Great, here’s a question, what would rev higher?

a 100c 4s lipo, or a 30c 6s?

The motor KV multiplied by voltage = RPMS
So for example
1100kv *4s (14.8v) = 16,280 rpms
1100kv *6s (22.2v) = 24,420 rpms
1100kv * 8s (29.6v) = 32560 rpms

Any lower KV motor needs higher voltage to work its best. These motors really "open up" at higher rpms.

Advice for moving forward is take baby steps, make sure the car is driving straight, and get the suspension setup correctly by taking those small steps and slowly increasing your speed. The ideal way to do this is to setup the car in its final form (full weight 8s) then adjust gearing.

For the BSR purple 1/8 tires I have had great luck with Michael's RC hobby store
https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/bsr-bsrc8034-b-1-8-team-purple-mounted-gt-foam-tir.html

Thanks!

heres a little update for whoever cares.

i have a 1300 foot road that is private right next to my house, so in the next couple of days, I’m going to try to get it out for a 105mph test drive on 6s, running 39:34 gearing, i expect this setup to do much more even on only 6s, but i will take your advice, and for the Time being, set my goal only 5mph higher then the last, one i feel fully confident with the last speed milestone.
my thoughts on how the car has been preforming are this.
as i have mentioned in the past, on the 2050kv, i did 91mph on 2 3s 100c lipos, and the car went absolutely arrow strait, and got up to that speed quickly, but still smoothly.
on the 1100kv, i did 55mph with a 50c 6s lipo in only 480 feet of room. Keep in mind i only hit about 85 percent throttle during the pass, and the remote was on 75 percent throttle limited.
going to get a long range radio now, since i am truly on a crap radio, a spektrum dx3 w/ sr315.
wanted to get it out for some test, and my plan is to move to a radiolink rc6gs v2, then either a futaba 7PXR or a fly sky noble pro, issue is i can afford either right now.
ill most likely try to bind with a spektrum SR6100AT reciver before i go and do 105mph, but if i can’t, i trust the SR315 for only 625 feet of room (with me standing in the middle and stopping a little early.)
as for other things i have not covered yet, have some carbon fiber side skirts on the car, even tho I’m still on the open wheel shell. I have a ford FC100 shell for the car, but I’m waiting for arrma infraction body posts.
also have the raz shifrin wing on the way, it will arrive in the next few days.
question: with basically all of the stock wing taken off (everything but the outer 2 fins) and the front wing off, will the car do something like backflip at 105mph with the stock shell?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back