Limitless World record speed build, round 2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres a little update for whoever cares.

i have a 1300 foot road that is private right next to my house, so in the next couple of days, I’m going to try to get it out for a 105mph test drive on 6s, running 39:34 gearing, i expect this setup to do much more even on only 6s, but i will take your advice, and for the Time being, set my goal only 5mph higher then the last, one i feel fully confident with the last speed milestone.
my thoughts on how the car has been preforming are this.
as i have mentioned in the past, on the 2050kv, i did 91mph on 2 3s 100c lipos, and the car went absolutely arrow strait, and got up to that speed quickly, but still smoothly.
on the 1100kv, i did 55mph with a 50c 6s lipo in only 480 feet of room. Keep in mind i only hit about 85 percent throttle during the pass, and the remote was on 75 percent throttle limited.
going to get a long range radio now, since i am truly on a crap radio, a spektrum dx3 w/ sr315.
wanted to get it out for some test, and my plan is to move to a radiolink rc6gs v2, then either a futaba 7PXR or a fly sky noble pro, issue is i can afford either right now.
ill most likely try to bind with a spektrum SR6100AT reciver before i go and do 105mph, but if i can’t, i trust the SR315 for only 625 feet of room (with me standing in the middle and stopping a little early.)
as for other things i have not covered yet, have some carbon fiber side skirts on the car, even tho I’m still on the open wheel shell. I have a ford FC100 shell for the car, but I’m waiting for arrma infraction body posts.
also have the raz shifrin wing on the way, it will arrive in the next few days.
question: with basically all of the stock wing taken off (everything but the outer 2 fins) and the front wing off, will the car do something like backflip at 105mph with the stock shell?

Removing the wing wont make it flip, but it may fishtail due to reduced rear traction without the wing....

You may want to consider getting a signal booster. No matter if you go with the Futaba or Noble later on you will end up needing it.

Alright, ill try at 105, then see if the car fishtails, but it didn’t at 91, so i have confidence.

My good friend made this for me, so i thought i would share this with yall
not a 200+ mph status update, but funny none the less
you know that rock rap verse…

well…

ITS ABOUT DRAG
ITS ABOUT AERO
WE STAY DRIVING
BREAKING RECORDS
PUT IN THE SCREWS
BUFF UP THE POWER
AND TAKE WHATS OURS
THE URGE TO WIN IN HIS VEINS
HIS SHELL BE BANGIN WITH PAINT
HE CHANGED THE GAME SO WHY don't YOU TELL ME HIS NAME
LIMITLESS!!!

Back to limitless, here’s what went down yesterday.

i got to my 1300 foot long road, and it is fully snowed out. Thought i might have at least some usable room, since it is about 55 degrees today, so maybe it would melt, then get plowed out, but no. So i go to the running track at the high school right next to my house, after their school gets out, then i realize that on one of my gear meet test destroyed the antenna in my reciver, since i was lazy, and put it on top of the receiver box, thinking it might help range a bit, but I didn’t know this when i was out at the track, so i find myself with about 120 feet of range. I give it A shot none the less though, since it is the only clear space around, and i get 52mph from the endeavor, limited to 75 percent throttle on the remote, only pulling about 50 percent on the actual trigger, so in 120 feet, with 37.5 percent of the throttle used, i think 52mph isnt bad.
this weekend my radiolink RC6GS V2 should be arriving, and getting installed, so thats nice.
trying again with an SR515 installed, and that will take care of me for the range, at least for the time being.

Making this one short and sweet, put that sr515 in the limitless, and went to the track again, spun out twice on 6S 100 percent throttle. Fastest pass was a 107kmh / 64.8mph.

EE219874-9E94-4B32-B659-E8D629CC019A.jpeg

9E69AB53-1ED2-4FBD-80DD-2EC321AD0122.jpeg

1FEC37E2-7FBB-47EB-936C-3BFCDD237B20.jpeg

17E2F195-6413-4529-AF8B-DA8028013396.jpeg

Tried the same thing, and gave it a little more gas, 72mph today, and my first goal met.

AND WERE BACK with the latest post about a way to fast RC car.
big updates since last time, so lets get into it.
Toyota gt1 shell has been installed w/ infraction body posts, along with the raz shifrin wing, one thing about that wing, I didn’t bother to put those little fins in, they don't do anything, and the wing is perfectly stable.
speaking of stable, the toyota shell ran good at my local high school track, on the 500 foot long strait, the cars did about 70mph on 40 percent throttle running 8S. Before on 6s, the car did about 75mph with the boring stock shell on about 80 percent throttle, i think if i get a little more confident 80mph could be possible in 500 feet. Got some scorched RC parts to replace my flimsy carbon side skirts, so thats nice, and i got the scorched toyota gt1 splitter. Going to have like 4 inches of snow here in Colorado, so thats kinda sucks for this car, and all the other speedrun builds, but it might be fun with the new granite voltage i got, before i make it a speed build lol.

DE575AD4-B2CE-48E6-A215-ACB136DA1A80.jpeg

644F336C-A111-4E26-A634-6BC89FA5258D.jpeg

82BD1D74-DEB3-4EC4-A111-1E573D95870D.jpeg

2FD1F8AA-9B3C-4D7B-988F-1DC3C19E693D.jpeg

AND WERE BACK with the latest post about a way to fast RC car.
big updates since last time, so lets get into it.
Toyota gt1 shell has been installed w/ infraction body posts, along with the raz shifrin wing, one thing about that wing, I didn’t bother to put those little fins in, they don't do anything, and the wing is perfectly stable.
speaking of stable, the toyota shell ran good at my local high school track, on the 500 foot long strait, the cars did about 70mph on 40 percent throttle running 8S. Before on 6s, the car did about 75mph with the boring stock shell on about 80 percent throttle, i think if i get a little more confident 80mph could be possible in 500 feet. Got some scorched RC parts to replace my flimsy carbon side skirts, so thats nice, and i got the scorched toyota gt1 splitter. Going to have like 4 inches of snow here in Colorado, so thats kinda sucks for this car, and all the other speedrun builds, but it might be fun with the new granite voltage i got, before i make it a speed build lol.

View attachment 195116

View attachment 195117

View attachment 195118

View attachment 195119
That would be hard to find in a corn field in summer 🤣🤘🏻😜

I gotta say that pinion out that far like that is making my eye twitch.
Maybe flip it around and the spur gear too to get them closer to the motor mount.

Nice build, I agree about the pinion out so far on the motor shaft, maybe flip your spur gear so the pinion can mount close to motor. If the shank on the pinion is too big so it wont work, then its better to use a different pinion with a smaller shank than use it the way you have it, it is much more likely to loosen and come off at top speed like that

Yes, i did that and ran 80mph on 60 percent throttle.
Has anyone tried the MGM LMT3080 motor / esc combo?
i think i would have to mount it like innovation did with his XLX2

Nice build, I agree about the pinion out so far on the motor shaft, maybe flip your spur gear so the pinion can mount close to motor. If the shank on the pinion is too big so it wont work, then its better to use a different pinion with a smaller shank than use it the way you have it, it is much more likely to loosen and come off at top speed like that
What would you do if you were running a TP with a shorter 8mm shaft? I’m not able to flip a Saga pinion on this one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

0ACCC20C-F644-4ACC-8BF2-46C913FEEB02.jpeg

Idk thats why i am worried about the lmt3080

What would you do if you were running a TP with a shorter 8mm shaft? I’m not able to flip a Saga pinion on this one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 195708

Have to find a pinion and grub screw that fit inside that slot on the motor mount.
Then move the spur gear to align with it. A spur shaft with a long flat spot is ideal for that. Then just move around the spacers or make your own.

Have to find a pinion and grub screw that fit inside that slot on the motor mount.
Then move the spur gear to align with it. A spur shaft with a long flat spot is ideal for that. Then just move around the spacers or make your own.
I do have a Pinocchio spool set with the spacers and will be able to align everything, but won’t be able to flip my pinion. I’ve got the new PPS mount which my pinion would be very close to. 🤦🏻 I bought that motor from Phil not know it had a short shaft. I would rather run like this! (Another TP setup I got)

709873A4-924D-4E62-ABD2-6867892E292B.jpeg

I do have a Pinocchio spool set with the spacers and will be able to align everything, but won’t be able to flip my pinion. I’ve got the new PPS mount which my pinion would be very close to. 🤦🏻 I bought that motor from Phil not know it had a short shaft. I would rather run like this! (Another TP setup I got)

Saga 8mm bore gear should be able to fit inside the opening of the PPS mount like this one.

Assembly Capture.JPG

Is the shaft shortened or is it offset to the rear? You can sometimes tap a shaft thru the rotor a little.
Gotta take a look when I get home and get a chance. You’re saying I can move the shaft?🤔 I assume it’s short from factory. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gotta take a look when I get home and get a chance. You’re saying I can move the shaft?🤔 I assume it’s short from factory. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ve had to move a shaft once, but unsure if every rotor can be adjusted or if it was just that particular rotor I was working with. I believe it was a TP 4050

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back