World Wide GPS League ~ New Facebook group for speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMballistic

ROSSA ~ Officially fast.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
So as some may know I am a member of ROSSA UK (Radio Operated Scale Speed Association) and for sometime there has been discussion about a GPS worldwide league/list being set in place for people to post their GPS recorded speed runs.

So as of yesterday a new group was set up on Facebook to record GPS recorded speed runs in a world wide league.
Link to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2844593538972509/

Quote from the group Admin;
"We are an RC speed run group, and a place to post your speeds. Please keep things polite and civil. We will not hesitate to remove anyone smack talking etc.
Please post your GPS speed runs in the group. We will then link the video to the League table. Please post cell count, car type, i.e GT, Scale and speed as well as a link to your video/youtube channel. There are no classes. Your GPS must be reset before the pass and shown on video, the video must be continuous. After the pass, the body should be removed from the car and the cell count and balance leads should be shown. The final GPS speed should also be shown. The car should come to a controlled stop and be functioning as normal at the end of the run. Please be safe and happy racing. Please set your fail safes to apply the brakes if there is a signal loss. We will not be held liable for any incidents as the vehicle is solely in the drivers control."

Mentioning some members below I think this maybe of interest to but this is open to all. (y)
@jondilly1974 @LibertyMKiii @phildogg @adidas303 @gotnitro @Rcjer @drjim @Dutch213 @Joelk

For anyone interested in running official ROSSA regulations more info can be found here: http://www.rossa.org.uk/classdefinitions.html

Sorry, I don't FB anymore. But thank you for the invite.
Totally understandable and I don't blame you. ;)

I've only been on FB for just under a year as I hate it and never wanted to join but in the end I joined it just to use the group chat facility for ROSSA UK. If they ever get the forum set up again I'll not need to use FB again so won't be staying on it.

Totally understandable and I don't blame you. ;)

I've only been on FB for just under a year as I hate it and never wanted to join but in the end I joined it just to use the group chat facility for ROSSA UK. If they ever get the forum set up again I'll not need to use FB again so won't be staying on it.
I would be glad to join any other site they create. ✌??

So as some may know I am a member of ROSSA UK (Radio Operated Scale Speed Association) and for sometime there has been discussion about a GPS worldwide league/list being set in place for people to post their GPS recorded speed runs.

So as of yesterday a new group was set up on Facebook to record GPS recorded speed runs in a world wide league.
Link to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2844593538972509/

Quote from the group Admin;
"We are an RC speed run group, and a place to post your speeds. Please keep things polite and civil. We will not hesitate to remove anyone smack talking etc.
Please post your GPS speed runs in the group. We will then link the video to the League table. Please post cell count, car type, i.e GT, Scale and speed as well as a link to your video/youtube channel. There are no classes. Your GPS must be reset before the pass and shown on video, the video must be continuous. After the pass, the body should be removed from the car and the cell count and balance leads should be shown. The final GPS speed should also be shown. The car should come to a controlled stop and be functioning as normal at the end of the run. Please be safe and happy racing. Please set your fail safes to apply the brakes if there is a signal loss. We will not be held liable for any incidents as the vehicle is solely in the drivers control."

Mentioning some members below I think this maybe of interest to but this is open to all. (y)
@jondilly1974 @LibertyMKiii @phildogg @adidas303 @gotnitro @Rcjer @drjim @Dutch213 @Joelk

For anyone interested in running official ROSSA regulations more info can be found here: http://www.rossa.org.uk/classdefinitions.html
I like the idea of this as the Trackmate speed traps are overly pricey. Like the others I do not do Facebook...
I barely use YouTube where everyone uses GPS.

It's to bad they couldn't utilize the ROSSA.org URL and set something up with that.... That's my biggest issue, is fb as well.

That bookface is the devil!! ??

I will be keeping better tabs with that stuff going forward though. Greatly appreciate the tag brother!

I agree with all of you that mentioned it about Facebook being an absolute turd hole and I know a proper forum/site was in the making but this Corvid19 cr*p has delayed/messed up a lot of things including that for now.
Staying safe and good health for us all, our families, friends, loved ones etc is much more important though at the moment. (y)

As soon as I know of a dedicated ROSSA forum or GPS speed forum that pops up I'll make sure to mention it for those interested.

Same here. @GMballistic, I definitely appreciate the innvite though. Your build thread is one of the reasons I decided to try going fast.
That's awesome and I'm glad my build thread inspired you to try speed running. :)

For me it was when I was researching the Arrma Typhon 6S before buying it and I came across some speed run videos from Philip Jolley, Brandon Botwinick (Innovation RC) and Martin Peace, ...from that moment on I was hooked. Always been into speed/modifying with my full scale cars so this just made sense. ;)

Maybe y'all can share some of the interesting cars from that group onto this thread?
Some that have been posted in the last day or so. ;)

93827384_2986403324746964_2308691427229433856_o.jpg

93874096_3574465802580302_6957593865557639168_o.jpg

94191240_10158392833907074_6858531114890297344_n.jpg

94195417_1099918453740817_6203938873043582976_o.jpg

93439110_10163348960940223_1049025687370858496_n.jpg

93721245_1831536466982487_3120224716124585984_n.jpg

93373256_2634687030112076_4198855256584486912_n.jpg

93691602_3113907695320786_3882902889466691584_n.jpg

(y)

Yes, the blue one!
I did make the connection after you mentioned it and after I went back onto the WWGPS League page to look at the picture again, ...saw the name Jim and a similar cool looking white car on the profile page pictures. :cool:

Obviously I didn't know it was yours at the time but glad I posted it (hope it's okay with you). (y)

I did make the connection after you mentioned it and after I went back onto the WWGPS League page to look at the picture again, ...saw the name Jim and a similar cool looking white car on the profile page pictures. :cool:

Obviously I didn't know it was yours at the time but glad I posted it (hope it's okay with you). (y)

Not a problem! My 15 minutes of fame have been absolutely MAHHHHvelous!

(y)Any updates on the leader board?
I don't know if JoBoriaRacing participates but he hit 177mph with his 4tec 2.0 over the weekend on 6s. ?
They're trying to update it weekly but obviously it's only really ever going to be the people who post on Facebook and follow the rules set out by the league who'll be on the list regardless of what's posted on YouTube or elsewhere.

Hopefully this Google link works: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WuMUCIIcWodiZsxR4S8CCXGNg0WubZfTqzvOG8I#gid=0

I might try to film one of my runs to get on the list one day but tbh I'm not that bothered as I prefer to run the ROSSA official rules and go through the traps. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back