Worst/most expensive RC wreck yet…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Out having fun with the Losi DBXL-E today in an area I’ve run many times. Today I somehow managed to find a stump just under some leaves and hit it at 50mph. Good golly, Miss Molly. I haven’t pulled it apart yet, but immediately noticeable broken components are…. front bulkhead, right front a-arm, front left shock, right c-hub, right bearing carrier, front shock tower, left and right toe links, right upper link, right front drive shaft, and I’m not yet sure what else. I’ll know when I break it down. Dang. I’m at $500.00+ in my cart right now…
33# or so at 50mph = serious inertia.

Man I gotta see pics. 500?
I agree pictures please. Do you have a source for cheap parts for it, like is Jenny’s or one of the guys on eBay breaking them down and selling parts that way. I’ve had really good luck with Lumidave on eBay in the past, plus he’s in Florida like me so parts come in two days

Paying Make It Rain GIF by Travis

Wow !!!! I'll sell you my mint one for $700 !!! Keep yours for parts !!!
Here is a deal if I've ever seen one!!!
Out having fun with the Losi DBXL-E today in an area I’ve run many times. Today I somehow managed to find a stump just under some leaves and hit it at 50mph. Good golly, Miss Molly. I haven’t pulled it apart yet, but immediately noticeable broken components are…. front bulkhead, right front a-arm, front left shock, right c-hub, right bearing carrier, front shock tower, left and right toe links, right upper link, right front drive shaft, and I’m not yet sure what else. I’ll know when I break it down. Dang. I’m at $500.00+ in my cart right now…
Yeah.....I love the look and feel of that rig......but the replacement parts cost and less availability of them, if I assessed correctly, kept me from getting one....they are a nice machine, but.....a crash like that......bring the deep pockets.....

OH my!! I just looked up the price of your rig.. Sorry about your crash.

Damn bro, that sucks. Your experience reminds me of a day back in the early 90s back in high school. We were hanging out at a big mud hole/lake where people would take their 4x4 trucks and do hill climbing and mud bogging. There was a guy there with a new F250 who was blasting through the water/mud back and forth. On one of his passes he found the submerged stump of a big tree and hit it with the front diff which brought his day and his truck to a screeching halt. I'm pretty sure it was totaled.

You know we love carnage pictures.😝
I know, right! :ROFLMAO:
Man I gotta see pics. 500?
The 500 included the front Vitavon gear case and shock towers. I already had their top plate, chassis braces, and bellcrank installed and they came through with flying colors.
I agree pictures please. Do you have a source for cheap parts for it, like is Jenny’s or one of the guys on eBay breaking them down and selling parts that way. I’ve had really good luck with Lumidave on eBay in the past, plus he’s in Florida like me so parts come in two days
Not a lot of breakers around for this particular truck. Jenny’s doesn’t speak DBXL-E, I sure wish they did. Even the factory Losi parts are rivaling the price of aftermarket upgrades. Price of admission I suppose.
Well, here’s a pic. I’ll take better, more clear images later and post them as I get into it. Notice how canted the front bulkhead area is? I’m hoping the chassis isn’t tweaked up there, it’s hard to tell without tearing it apart.
67770AA9-26FE-4D4D-A1D5-8D1E3406B7B6.jpeg

The wreck jammed so much wood up into the chassis it was ridiculous.

I know, right! :ROFLMAO:

The 500 included the front Vitavon gear case and shock towers. I already had their top plate, chassis braces, and bellcrank installed and they came through with flying colors.

Not a lot of breakers around for this particular truck. Jenny’s doesn’t speak DBXL-E, I sure wish they did. Even the factory Losi parts are rivaling the price of aftermarket upgrades. Price of admission I suppose.
Well, here’s a pic. I’ll take better, more clear images later and post them as I get into it. Notice how canted the front bulkhead area is? I’m hoping the chassis isn’t tweaked up there, it’s hard to tell without tearing it apart.
View attachment 230325
The wreck jammed so much wood up into the chassis it was ridiculous.
Yes that’s pretty jacked up. Sorry for your loss. I’ve been looking at one of these but I’m not sure I wanna pay that for parts. I don’t like Traxxas products and I thought I would never say this but I think my next purchase is going to be an Xmaxx. I like my 1/8 kraton and I like the look of the 1/5 scale Arrmas but from everything I’ve been reading they appear to have to many issues if you plan on getting big air with them.

Yes that’s pretty jacked up. Sorry for your loss. I’ve been looking at one of these but I’m not sure I wanna pay that for parts. I don’t like Traxxas products and I thought I would never say this but I think my next purchase is going to be an Xmaxx. I like my 1/8 kraton and I like the look of the 1/5 scale Arrmas but from everything I’ve been reading they appear to have to many issues if you plan on getting big air with them.
I'm with ya, not really a TRX fan either. I did however buy the X anyway, and it didn't disappoint. I'm the type of enthusiast that tends to run stock as long as it performs and only upgrade when needed..that said, it's been a joy thus far. Takes alot of abuse,doesn't like being overpowered from what I gather.

These are very durable, just when you hit something that won’t move, anything will break. Out of all of the big 1/5 scale , this one is the best engineered, best handling!

These are very durable, just when you hit something that won’t move, anything will break. Out of all of the big 1/5 scale , this one is the best engineered, best handling!
Totally agree, it handles way better than it should given it’s weight and size. I don’t drive it like a basher and have really enjoyed it (briefly) as this was only its third outing. I do wish that parts were more readily available and not so expensive. Very few breakers take on this model and the cost of the Losi replacement parts is ridiculous. When you can get Vitavon upgrades for about the same or less than the cost of the plastic Losi pieces there’s something wrong.

Feel ya.:( Some things are out of our control. I was bashing in an open field, myself and from a distance the rig came to an abrupt stop and flipped at about 50mph. I wrecked pretty much the same parts you did. And bent the chassis. I could not figure it out. But is was a manhole not visible below the grass line, about 10 feet away that wrecked her.
Now I stand on the Manhole when I bash.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back