Worth the extra cost? - Turnigy 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorado S14

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Looking to pickup a Kraton 6s as my first R/C since probably 15 years ago with a T/Maxx 2.5. I am new to the electric world and am having a tough time making a call on where the meat of the "bang-for-the-buck" curve is for Turnigy batteries.

For example, if I am shopping these three options, is it worth spending almost twice as much for the higher end guys and the improved discharge rates vs. twice as many of the cheaper ones?
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

Thanks for the help and input!

First! Welcome to the Forum!!!

Batteries are like most products nowadays, you really do get what you pay for... It's not to say some of these cheaper end cost batteries won't do the job! They just may not output power as well, maybe not have as many rechargable cycle lifetime sort of things.

Most members will state when looking at batteries, definitely, always purchase C Rating batteries at 50c or higher. Just safer for the electronics all around. C Ratings are never going to be perfect info either, one brand at a 50c Rating mayreally only be 30c rating compared to another brand... General consensus states though you're usually ok with 50C Rating or higher. Definitely search the forum some, there has been a few threads about members favorite battery brand, type, size sort of discussions and you might be able to save a few bucks on batteries going forward as well!!

Finally, to answer your question! ? Majority of the members are probably going to recommend Option 3 just in regards its above the 50C rating (75c on the battery you're looking at)

Good luck on the decision! don't hesitate with any other questions!

The panther/graphene is not worth the money unless you are trying to break speed records.
Turnigy Heavy Duty is a great LiPo, significantly cheaper, and outputs plenty of power.

I am now trying CNHL LiPos, and so far they seem good. They output big power and the cost is significantly less than Turnigy.

Regarding C outputs this chart is worth 1000 words. Based on this chart real test 35C or better is top of the market.

LiPo ONE YEAR TESTING SUMMARY.jpg

Last edited:
Looking to pickup a Kraton 6s as my first R/C since probably 15 years ago with a T/Maxx 2.5. I am new to the electric world and am having a tough time making a call on where the meat of the "bang-for-the-buck" curve is for Turnigy batteries.

For example, if I am shopping these three options, is it worth spending almost twice as much for the higher end guys and the improved discharge rates vs. twice as many of the cheaper ones?
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

Thanks for the help and input!
l have both turnigy 6s 65c heavy duty and turnigy graphene 75c 6s . the graphene has quite a bit more power but nearly twice the price

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back