Worth the switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5AFE CRACKER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey Fam so I'm still pretty new to the hobby and was wondering if I should look at upgrading my current RX/TX for my Kraton 6sv4. I'm currently using the ttx300 and honestly have no complaints however don't really have anything to compare to. I was looking at maybe getting the DX5 Rugged...?thoughts?

Hey Fam so I'm still pretty new to the hobby and was wondering if I should look at upgrading my current RX/TX for my Kraton 6sv4. I'm currently using the ttx300 and honestly have no complaints however don't really have anything to compare to. I was looking at maybe getting the DX5 Rugged...?thoughts?
That’s the one I’d go for if I was going to upgrade, I have a spektrum dx4c now

Good radio but the cost of receivers scares me off from Spektrum. It always helps to have a nice system if you plan to own more models in the future.
I have the FlySky NB4 and love it. Very fast and radio looks and feels solid with piles of features. Lots of aluminum trim and rechargeable battery bank. It usually comes from Hobby King with 2 receivers and new receivers are $30 or even less.

Good radio but the cost of receivers scares me off from Spektrum. It always helps to have a nice system if you plan to own more models in the future.
I have the FlySky NB4 and love it. Very fast and radio looks and feels solid with piles of features. Lots of aluminum trim and rechargeable battery bank. It usually comes from Hobby King with 2 receivers and new receivers are $30 or even less.
Thanks I'll look into that one too

If the TTX300 is working fine for you, there's probably not a lot to gain unless you want to consolidate multiple vehicles to one remote.

IMO the TTX is a great RTR TX
I ran the one that came with my Typhon V3 until i bought a second truck..
That one came with te STX2.. Wich.. Well.. You know..
So at that point i went to my LHS to campare some of the Spekrum TX's.. After having them all in my hands.. Feeling the trigger.. Feeling the wheel..

I went for the Rugged..
And the big plus.. Well, for me at least.. Its rugged.. Im not that gentle with the thing..
But.. It was all a, how does the thing feel, thing for me.. If i felt the DX5C felt better over the Rugged.. Would have bought that one..

But.. If i never bought that 2nd truck.. I would still be running the TTX!

I love the tactic. If it had multi model abilities I would still be using it.

That said, if you need more features, as I did, then I would be looking at the Flysky Noble NB4 myself. The only drawback with this unit is it is pretty high tech and some non-tech people may be turned off by that. It’s like having a smart phone attached. For a tech guy like me, that is very appealing. Just might not be for everyone.

If the TTX300 is working fine for you, there's probably not a lot to gain unless you want to consolidate multiple vehicles to one remote.
Yeah I have a traxxas 1/16 E-Revo that has old 27mhz remote that is bent so it never gets used I also have a 1/16 4x4 slash that has a good remote still

That said, if you need more features, as I did, then I would be looking at the Flysky Noble NB4 myself. The only drawback with this unit is it is pretty high tech and some non-tech people may be turned off by that. It’s like having a smart phone attached. For a tech guy like me, that is very appealing. Just might not be for everyone.

Noble also being fairly new has been dropping lots of firmware updates and if you aren't into this process it could be a drawback. On the other hand, they're simple and intuitive. I've done it once but haven't felt the need to do it on the latest releases because everything is working fine for me. Worth noting is you can get the Noble up to eight channels with one of the factory released updates.

I'm into tech so looks nice is there a way so see how fast your rc is going in either mph of km? would be nice to know somehow without buying GPS tracker

I'm into tech so looks nice is there a way so see how fast your rc is going in either mph of km? would be nice to know somehow without buying GPS tracker

The noble offers telemetry with the antenna receivers but I can't remember what info they get back to the radio. Seems like I bought a temp sensor but I like the waterproof small receivers without the antenna and haven't used it.

I have a light kit coming in the mail that I will be installing on the Kraton I assume I should still be able to control it with the ttx300

Here's some good info on the Noble if you want to read and learn a pile.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...-s-first-high-end-surface-radio-The-NB4-Noble
I have a light kit coming in the mail that I will be installing on the Kraton I assume I should still be able to control it with the ttx300
You have a third channel on the tactic so you can do it.
This can help you use the radio to turn the lights on and off rather than them being on all the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BKSGW3D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
I'm really hard on my radios and the DX5 Rugged has taken it all. For that alone I would recommend it. I've really abused it and it has held up well. The touchpad is a PIA though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back