Infraction Would a 4s system from the outcast be a suitable upgrade for the 1:8 infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacomaGrown

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
It’s a 2400kv motor. Just looking to parking lot bash but want more power. Would I need to change gearing? This is my first upgrade like this so I’m not sure if this motor would give the same type of performance. I’d be taking the esc as well

So, I’m gonna go with the whole 6s system from the infraction v2. Will this fit the motor mount? Would the stock gearing work? Thanks in advance
So, I’m gonna go with the whole 6s system from the infraction v2. Will this fit the motor mount? Would the stock gearing work? Thanks in advance
I only plan on running 4s btw

I only plan on running 4s btw
You don't plan on going faster @ any point? That stocker system will only get ya so far before it cuts out. Stock gearing will get you plenty fast, even on 4s tho. Stock motor mount will fit a hobbywing 4985 1650kv just fine

You don't plan on going faster @ any point? That stocker system will only get ya so far before it cuts out. Stock gearing will get you plenty fast, even on 4s tho. Stock motor mount will fit a hobbywing 4985 1650kv just fine
I just find it to be a bit under powered on 3s and it overheats too easily. I figured putting in a 6s system and running on 4s would solve both problems. Not exactly new to the hobby but this is a bit out of my wheelhouse

I ran the heck out of my infraction mega with a 150amp specktrum and the 3900 kv vendetta motor for a while on 4s before switching to castle set up . It performed great all I had to do was get the hot racing slipper eliminator because you’ll melt the plastic spur after a week .

I ran the heck out of my infraction mega with a 150amp specktrum and the 3900 kv vendetta motor for a while on 4s before switching to castle set up . It performed great all I had to do was get the hot racing slipper eliminator because you’ll melt the plastic spur after a week .
I see you have to use revo gears with that. What gearing did you end up doing. I was going to do the 53t spur I think. Just not sure what pinion I would need or if stock would be fine. Thank you for the help

I apologize. I didn’t realize that you had the mega. And not the 1/7th. I should read more closely. But any 6s lineup would be a improvement
No apologies necessary, you inadvertently helped a lot lol. My thought is to go with the 6s infraction setup and run on 4s to keep temps down and not destroy my little truck. This is my first Arrma and I’m impressed so far, with the truck and the community. Thanks again guys, I’ll post when I do the build

I see you have to use revo gears with that. What gearing did you end up doing. I was going to do the 53t spur I think. Just not sure what pinion I would need or if stock would be fine. Thank you for the help
I ran the 55 and 18 tooth pinion , I got 96 and then she flipped lol then I adjusted my rake . I had a ton of fun on that set up

Interesting idea. I've had the same thought of dropping a 4S system out of the Kraton/Outcast into an Infraction Mega, primarily because I know everything would fit and drop right in. I'd like to think that the 4S system would add at the least, slightly more tire shredding & drifting power than the 3S system. Still might give it a shot one of these days.

Interesting idea. I've had the same thought of dropping a 4S system out of the Kraton/Outcast into an Infraction Mega, primarily because I know everything would fit and drop right in. I'd like to think that the 4S system would add at the least, slightly more tire shredding & drifting power than the 3S system. Still might give it a shot one of these days.
Yeah it’s a good time for sure

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back