Typhon Would anyone else love a big 6S 2WD Buggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wraith405

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
This isn’t actually about a Typhon, I just had to select a prefix before posting. Forgive me if this isn’t the right place to post this.

I’d love to see Arrma come out with a large 6S RWD buggy. It’s one the things you can’t really find in modern RCs. I’d love to have an Arrma to start with for a large scale dune buggy / sand rail project.

The closest thing you can get right now is a 1/5 HPI Baja or Rovan and convert one of those to electric but that’s a little too big and too expensive for me. It’d sure be awesome to see Arrma’s take on it. Anyone else?

They made the raider for a while but I don’t think it was a huge seller and only 4s (maybe 3s). Cool buggy...

4682C6B6-B313-40DC-A4A6-14FB724D6DF2.png

Large scale 2wd buggies don't really do that well sales wise. HBX had that T6 thing for a while, all the Youtubers got some but beyond that no one really bought them.
They made the raider for a while but I don’t think it was a huge seller and only 4s (maybe 3s). Cool buggy...

View attachment 143616
3s for the BLX.

I would like to see something new in 2wd. I have a Rovan Baja 5b gas and love it. I converted it to the shorty Q with the conversion kit.

Large scale 2wd buggies don't really do that well sales wise. HBX had that T6 thing for a while, all the Youtubers got some but beyond that no one really bought them.

3s for the BLX.

Yeah, I think sales is what killed off the Kyosho Scorpion XXL early.

It's a real shame, but understandable for such a niche vehicle. I dug up a couple of the XXL Scorpions on Ebay a while ago but going rate was like double MSRP and I didn't want to thrown in that kind of money for something used AND discontinued.
I would like to see something new in 2wd. I have a Rovan Baja 5b gas and love it. I converted it to the shorty Q with the conversion kit.

I've thought about going this route! The Electric conversion kits aren't really too expensive. Just need to get my hands on one to begin with.

This isn’t actually about a Typhon, I just had to select a prefix before posting. Forgive me if this isn’t the right place to post this.

I’d love to see Arrma come out with a large 6S RWD buggy. It’s one the things you can’t really find in modern RCs. I’d love to have an Arrma to start with for a large scale dune buggy / sand rail project.

The closest thing you can get right now is a 1/5 HPI Baja or Rovan and convert one of those to electric but that’s a little too big and too expensive for me. It’d sure be awesome to see Arrma’s take on it. Anyone else?
A 2wd 1/8th scale electric buggy would be un-controlable. I have 1/5th scale Baja with a 9.5 hp 34cc 2 stroke in it and it's totally mental. My Typhon6s is a lot faster . I can't imagine what it would be like if it were only 2wd. If you want to experience 2wd insanity just remove the dogbones going to your front tires . Instant 2wd.

A 2wd 1/8th scale electric buggy would be un-controlable. I have 1/5th scale Baja with a 9.5 hp 34cc 2 stroke in it and it's totally mental. My Typhon6s is a lot faster . I can't imagine what it would be like if it were only 2wd. If you want to experience 2wd insanity just remove the dogbones going to your front tires . Instant 2wd.
You would also want to disconnect the front center driveshaft and lock the center diff so all the power goes to the rear.

2wd you like it or not.
I'm big fan of dune buggy's look at my semi custom project! Arrma Raiphon
I have two raiders xl blx for me and my son, and one box with parts to complete a full raider xl 🙂
He's awesome too drive in sand/grass, especially He's light weight.
It wood be great if arrma comes with a dune buggy 2wd or 4wd, it doesn't matter too me.
There's nothing above a good looking dune buggy.

I thinking it's not attractive, because it's more difficult too drive straight

Big fan of 2wd buggies.
I’ve enjoyed my Rustler 2wd for years.

My next project is a Typhon that I want to stretch, omit front wheel drive, wider rear tires ( possibly Aarms ) , and strengthen for a basher.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I suppose any kraton/mojave chassis would be fine, a spool or 20m weight diff fluid too. I had to make my typhon 2wd when I shortened it. I can’t find a shorter dogbone to fit yet. Look at an m2c/just bash it chassis and kraton/outcast arms and drive shafts.

4ECB845F-EC02-44CC-9110-555BD8035B59.jpeg

Thanks

I want it for off-road use also and I want it to pull wheelies with ease. Maybe I need a different set up with more weight towards the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back