Typhon Would thicker diff fluid help reduce spinouts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have bought a Talion ^_^

Razor maybe I am stepping out of line being old and gray, but I have PM'd you and asked you a ton of questions and appreciate your advice here as well as YT comments..

Why in the heck do you say this now if that's what you felt BEFORE and not share your years of experience. Obviously, the gentleman is looking for help...why even if some of us were off. Hell, I am still new but I try to give a word of encouragement and attempt to help I'm still on the milk bottle sometimes!

Why do that....

Forgive if I am wrong maybe you PM'd him....I thought the goal here was to help...for a guy with your experience and respect I have for you that's just crappy to share that now!

Forgive me for being old and gray!

Parco

Because I literally get hundreds of questions a day on my YouTube channel, on other forums, PMs, FB groups, Instagram, emails etc. etc. in addition to the hours a day I spend making videos. I can't spend 5 minutes on every single question and topic that comes up, do the math. I do have a full-time job, wife and kids, and other things besides RC in my life.

I have about 5 minutes a day I can spend on arrmaforum, sorry, but that's about it. I know a lot of you guys use this as your only source for RC content, but I'm spending 95% of my RC time in other places. And the rest of it on my actual life.

When I had 500 subscribers, I answered every single question that someone posted on my channel. I have 31k subscribers now, it's just not possible, much less answering every random question on AF in every thread.

Finally, I firmly believe people sometimes just need to man up and figure poop out on their own. I know this sounds weird because I explain so much, but people honestly expect to be spoonfed the answer to every single problem they encounter -- sometimes you just gotta figure stuff out on your own.

This in no way meant to dismiss the OP's questions, I'm trying to explain how my situation is different than most people.

Last edited:
I have about 5 minutes a day I can spend on arrmaforum, sorry, but that's about it.

Your minimal time spent here is appreciated. Counting the content of your videos which you link to, your posts have the greatest density of correct, factual information around IMO. Getting back into R/C last year as a previous nitro-exclusive enthusiast with a dated knowledge of platforms and especially of all things electric in the hobby, I found your channel and Aussie RC in particular to be tremendously useful resources that got me caught up quickly.

I've had my Typhon 6s for almost 3 months now and I still can't seem to avoid frequent spinouts. I've seen so many people saying how amazing the Typhon 6s handles, but mine has been a disappointment compared to my 3s Typhon. Diffs currently have 30k/100k/20k and I've got an 18t pinion and stock electronics. I've got about 1-2 degrees of toe in rear/toe out front and camber is as close as I can get it to -1 degree.

I have less issues in grass, a lot more issues in rocks/dirt. To be accurate, when I say rocks/dirt I mean its mostly rocks with a little dirt, I've added a picture for reference if that helps with suggestions, its nothing like a dirt track. I have this issue even when running 4s and going way easy on the throttle. It doesn't do it constantly and once I get a little speed built up I can go full throttle and its okay. But any turning or hitting more than half throttle from a stop or low speed and theres a good chance its going to do a 360 spin.

I bought some Badlands for it and I could barely tell a difference from the stock Katar tires. Went out today with some JConcepts Magma tires and they were a big improvement over the Katars and Badlands. I was confident enough to run 6s for the first time in a while and hit full throttle a good bit, but turning around was still like being on ice unless I slow way down through and accelerating out of turns

Thinking of going with some thicker diff fluid hoping it might help tame the spinouts. Currently running 30k/100k/20k and was thinking of going up to 60k/200k/30k. Would that help with the spinouts or not really?

View attachment 216637
I’m like, almost 100% positive it’s your transmitter. I have the same exact problem and I also thought changing the diff fluids was the solution. Tho I’m running the tlr and a Dx3, at my local track I talked to some old heads (I’m still very new so really take my advice with a grain) but I tried out their expensive rigs and let them try mine. All said the same. There is no smooth throttle.. it’s either go or no go. I need to upgrade my transmitter, that’s my next thing. But I’m done messing with the diff fluids. Also, for me personally as a newer driver, AVC does wonders. I only turn it on when I’m on the track with other people, but it 1000000% reduces spin outs.
Oh and also the thicker center diff fluid helped with front tire ballooning/explosion. But I bet a better transmitter will solve many of your issues, especially if you have a receiver with AVC. The AVC has an adjustment knob so it’s not like it’s on or off. Plenty of room to play.

Last edited:
Because I literally get hundreds of questions a day on my YouTube channel, on other forums, PMs, FB groups, Instagram, emails etc. etc. in addition to the hours a day I spend making videos. I can't spend 5 minutes on every single question and topic that comes up, do the math. I do have a full-time job, wife and kids, and other things besides RC in my life.

I have about 5 minutes a day I can spend on arrmaforum, sorry, but that's about it. I know a lot of you guys use this as your only source for RC content, but I'm spending 95% of my RC time in other places. And the rest of it on my actual life.

When I had 500 subscribers, I answered every single question that someone posted on my channel. I have 31k subscribers now, it's just not possible, much less answering every random question on AF in every thread.

Finally, I firmly believe people sometimes just need to man up and figure poop out on their own. I know this sounds weird because I explain so much, but people honestly expect to be spoonfed the answer to every single problem they encounter -- sometimes you just gotta figure stuff out on your own.

This in no way meant to dismiss the OP's questions, I'm trying to explain how my situation is different than most people.
... (y)

Your minimal time spent here is appreciated. Counting the content of your videos which you link to, your posts have the greatest density of correct, factual information around IMO. Getting back into R/C last year as a previous nitro-exclusive enthusiast with a dated knowledge of platforms and especially of all things electric in the hobby, I found your channel and Aussie RC in particular to be tremendously useful resources that got me caught up quickly.

Thanks, ARC is the best out there IMO!

I beg to differ. Less diff action (thicker oil) presents less traction. Thicker oil does this to some extent. Especially at the F and R.
The Typhon should have lighter diff oils IMHO. Being a lighter shorter wheelbase.
It is much harder to drive with 6s. I run my TLRT closer to stock weights. Just bumped up slightly. Run only 4s. 22T pinion. Getting 58 mph top end.
Never spins out. Electrics Run cool as ice.
Driver input matters much as well. No one speaks of this. We all have different driving skills and no 2 drive the same.
And coming from a 3s 4x4 Typhon platform., there is NO comparison whatsoever to a 6s Typhon or TLRT. Completely Different animals altogether.

Are you running the rtr tlr? If not what motor and esc are you running?

Are you doing speed runs or bashing with the 22t? Im assuming speed runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back