Would this be a good upgrade from brush to brushless on the granite mega 4x4.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dclc98

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Would this be a good upgrade from brush to brushless on the granite mega 4x4. If so should I run 14T or 17T? Will I need a program card?
9334E433-1EFF-445B-8A12-5C9F958841B6.png

Would this be a good upgrade from brush to brushless on the granite mega 4x4. If so should I run 14T or 17T? Will I need a program card?View attachment 40573
You are going to want to change out the slipper/spur to the 3S BLX unit. The teeth are bigger (32p vs 48p) and it will hold up better to the additional power. You will need to change your pinion to 32P as well. I would go with a 15t pinion and a 3S BLX motor mount. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to swap in the 3s BLX diffs too. It adds up quickly. Personally I would just buy a 3S BLX Granite.

I have several 2S battery’s and was hoping to stay with 2S. I burned up the brushed motor, so going back I was going to go brushless. Sounds like this is more than I need. Any suggestions on a good brushless motor, that I don’t have to change out a lot of other stock parts.

If you want to go brushless more for reliability rather than power, get a 3650 size motor in a lower kv, between 2500kv to 3000kv - maybe pick up a cheap 17.5t motor. Power will be better than stock, but should be mostly within what the Mega truck can handle. You may also order the "HD 17t" diff input with the metal shaft, as the Mega plastic shaft input is a weak link. If you have issues with the spur, Hot Racing makes a metal spur for the Mega trucks. The slipper will be ok with mild power.

If you do decided in bigger power, though, you will need the BLX slipper and diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back