Would this be beneficial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SenorWickedStix

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
When I reassemble the rear gear box would it be beneficial to RTV the gear box to the chassis?

0918917F-5AF7-43B1-A435-DF4ED04DF166.jpeg

Sorry RTV silicone. Gasket maker basically. There wasn’t a gasket there when I took it apart so I wasn’t sure if it was a necessity.

And yes the gear box is broken. Lol. I’m waiting on parts. Hoping and praying they show up today. Lol. Had the car 2 weeks and its been drivin 15 min. ☹️☹️🤣🤣

Sorry RTV silicone. Gasket maker basically. There wasn’t a gasket there when I took it apart so I wasn’t sure if it was a necessity.

And yes the gear box is broken. Lol. I’m waiting on parts. Hoping and praying they show up today. Lol. Had the car 2 weeks and its been drivin 15 min. ☹️☹️🤣🤣
From the factory there is no gasket, the gaskets are an aftermarket option. But yes you can use a thin layer of RTV there.

From the factory there is no gasket, the gaskets are an aftermarket option. But yes you can use a thin layer of RTV there.
Didn’t think so. If there was actually fluid I guess I’d use it but with the grease, meh.
Thanks for all the reply’s. At least there’s a gasket available if I want to pick them up. Lol. 😁

Didn’t think so. If there was actually fluid I guess I’d use it but with the grease, meh.
Thanks for all the reply’s. At least there’s a gasket available if I want to pick them up. Lol. 😁
It helps keep dirt out of the gearbox.

Wouldn't bother with rtv. Just using a thin later of thick grease will be more than sufficient. Any dirt that collects in the grease will make it thicker and trap more stuff. Then it's easy to wipe up. Obviously it's not going to stand up to pressure washing, but you shouldn't be doing that to your RC anyway. I've had pretty good results running this way.

Wouldn't bother with rtv. Just using a thin later of thick grease will be more than sufficient. Any dirt that collects in the grease will make it thicker and trap more stuff. Then it's easy to wipe up. Obviously it's not going to stand up to pressure washing, but you shouldn't be doing that to your RC anyway. I've had pretty good results running this way.
I like this idea. Cheap and easy. Lol

Can’t believe it’s only $4.67 for shipping. Especially when it’s costing me $20 to have new tires shipped from Jenny’s. Lol.
I’ve never even looked at anything on aliexpress before. 🤷‍♂️ Always seemed sketchy to me.

Can’t believe it’s only $4.67 for shipping. Especially when it’s costing me $20 to have new tires shipped from Jenny’s. Lol.
I’ve never even looked at anything on aliexpress before. 🤷‍♂️ Always seemed sketchy to me.
A lot of people take the stuff from aliexpress and resell it for double the price. That link posted earlier from ebay is prime example. 50$ for one when it's the same item from aliexpress and you get 2 for the same price lol.

I agree with you on the shipping too. I didn't even think about that! jenny's charge an arm and a leg but we can get stuff all the way from china for cheap af.

I think I've bought like 12 of those metal gearboxes from aliexpress at this point and I've installed probably 5 or 6 of them. Still working great with zero issues and I jump my rigs harder than the average person imo.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2EeD2uL&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

That link gets you 2 for 45$

Idk why I can't remember which one of you is which I must be getting old.

A lot of that has to do with the shipping companies and the amount of business the companies do with them.

I've ordered from Aliexpress a few times the longest I've ever waited for something was a month. I have only ever had 1 package that didn't arrive do to the seller completely screwing up my address so usps sent it back to China.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back