Granite Would this work ok, in a Granite mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dclc98

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Have a Granite mega 4X4 brushed system, that I burned up the motor. I have this combo hobbywing motor and esc, that I was going to put in a Schumacher kit, that I never finished. I would like to go brushless, but hoping not to have to start replacing parts because the brushless motor is too much.

The hobbywing is a 3650. 13.5T 2800KV. What’s everyone thoughts, will it work.
image.jpg

Have a Granite mega 4X4 brushed system, that I burned up the motor. I have this combo hobbywing motor and esc, that I was going to put in a Schumacher kit, that I never finished. I would like to go brushless, but hoping not to have to start replacing parts because the brushless motor is too much.

The hobbywing is a 3650. 13.5T 2800KV. What’s everyone thoughts, will it work.View attachment 40684
Just make sure you order a metal spur from the BLX series. You can grab one from Jenny’s for cheap.

Yes, that will work, but the motor might overheat on longer runs. Just keep an eye on it.

You WILL break the stock rear diff input very quickly if you put that motor in. There is an HD replacement that you ought to go ahead and order now, part# AR310773. The front diff input will probably last longer, but I prefer to go ahead and replace it as well. You can probably keep using the stock spur gear and slipper clutch for a while if you are sticking with 2S batteries, but it will eat up the slipper pads faster. Eventually you will want to upgrade the spur and slipper to some extent, but it shouldn't blow up on day 1. You don't HAVE to get the spur gear and slipper from a 3S truck, but it is a common and very capable upgrade. There is also a stock-sized metal spur gear and aluminum slipper pad from Hot Racing that works fine for 2S. You might strip the stock spur gear, or you might not. It isn't as much of a guaranteed failure as the rear diff input, but it isn't uncommon to see brushless motors damage the stock plastic spur gears.

I don't know. That is a pretty tame setup made for 1/10 and 1/12 scale vehicles. I wouldn't worry so much about the driveline as I would about that motor and ESC getting very very hot very quickly.

I don't know. That is a pretty tame setup made for 1/10 and 1/12 scale vehicles. I wouldn't worry so much about the driveline as I would about that motor and ESC getting very very hot very quickly.
Yeah those are meant more for like 1/10 2wd buggies and stadium trucks I too would worry about heat issues.

At minimum I would go with a Max10 or Max10 SCT and a 3660 sized motor ~3800kv if you want to stick to 2s and ~3000kv if you run 3s.

The hobbywing is a 3650. 13.5T 2800KV. What’s everyone thoughts, will it work.View attachment 40684
Definitely have to up grade your out drives and definitely change the hole slipper to metal gear I run 57-14 on 5s for street

16325805341585400649350990678208.jpg

16325805868338380668662410518410.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back