Kraton Would you rather?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingKeif

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Outcast 8s
Just looking for opinions. Would you rather have a Kraton 6s with Max 6 Combo or Outcast 8s RTR? Why?

I'd probably tend towards the K6/Max6 combo (albeit the EXB). While I understand the appeal of the behemoths, as far as I've seen/read, the 8S rigs are just really heavy and, as a consequence of this, more prone to breakage.

Just looking for opinions. Would you rather have a Kraton 6s with Max 6 Combo or Outcast 8s RTR? Why?
K6 here too. The 8s open up a whole entire line of more expensive parts and finding somewhere big enough to really make the 8s worth while would be hard for me. My yard is big enough for the 6s but not really for anything bigger. Not sure but an 8s might tear up a real car!! LOL 😆

This a tough one imo but I think I'd go kraton and then get a 5th scale later. I don't know though as personally I've been enjoying my big rigs more than the 8th scales recently. If Traxxas was an option I'd say get the xrt 🤣

Depends what the better deal is. When they were selling the Outcast 8s for whatever stupid low price it was, I’d say get the Outcast. At $999 retail it’s a tougher question.

Thank you for all your responses. I have an Outcast 8s and I had the oppurtunity to trade it for a Kraton 6s with Hobbywing Combo. I took too long to decide so the deal has passed. I am kind of glad I love my Outcast.

From a technical standpoint, I would take the Kraton as it seems to be one of the most durable 6S RC platforms out there. That being said, the 8S trucks are awesome but they definitely require a bit more finesse to drive to avoid hitting things that will break them- you can only make a 30lb truck so durable.

But since the deal has passed, I also vote for the 6S Kraton EXB.

I wouldn't touch the 1/5 8s line with a 10 foot pole. You couldn't give me one. If you did, I would just sell it, untouched. I wouldn't even open the box. Not even joking. ;) The 8s discount was just a teaser to suck you into that slow seller Crap. A rabbit hole of a 30+ pound 1/5 rig. A hard core money pit.
Just my opinion. There are others out there.
I seriously looked into and researched it well from the very first day it was released. A nightmare. And still is after all the dust settled.
I smelled buyers remorse immediately from the start.

Last edited:
Me? I'd go 6s Outcast, but that's more because the Outcast is silly. It's high energy. It's stunts on demand. Plus the stock body is fantastic. Again, that's just me. If you like the Truggy route more, go with the Kraton. It's popular for a reason and the aftermarket support is ... like Traxxas ... EVERYWHERE.

I have a K6 and a X-maxx. Both are amazing it just depends on the mood I am in. If you were gonna look into 1/5 scales I would look into the Traxxas trucks.

I wouldn't touch the 1/5 8s line with a 10 foot pole. You couldn't give me one. If you did, I would just sell it, untouched. I wouldn't even open the box. Not even joking. ;) The 8s discount was just a teaser to suck you into that slow seller Crap. A rabbit hole of a 30+ pound 1/5 rig. A hard core money pit.
Just my opinion. There are others out there.
I seriously looked into and researched it well from the very first day it was released. A nightmare. And still is after all the dust settled.
I smelled buyers remorse immediately from the start.
The suspension arms of the 8S behemoths shatter like glass (only one of their foibles, but a pretty notable one I'd say). They look imposing, yeah. But I'd do the same thing if you gave me one. Sell it unopened.

Well...I'd probably open it to have a look. I couldn't not cop a feel.

I have a K6 and a X-maxx. Both are amazing it just depends on the mood I am in. If you were gonna look into 1/5 scales I would look into the Traxxas trucks.
I am not averse to 1/5 scale. Just not the Trx and Arrma variants.
I would look to dedicated 1/5 brands that have been doing it for many years. If you closely look at the other true 1/5 large scale brands, you will see they are designed more with 1/5 scale and weight in mind. The Trx and Arrma variants are just upsized/upscaled similar parts to the 6s line. With issues. At least the Trx doesn't weigh 30+ pounds, the Arrma 8S line's problem IMHO.

I am not averse to 1/5 scale. Just not the Trx and Arrma variants.
I would look to dedicated 1/5 brands that have been doing it for many years. If you closely look at the other true 1/5 large scale brands, you will see they are designed more with 1/5 scale and weight in mind. The Trx and Arrma variants are just upsized/upscaled similar parts to the 6s line. With issues. At least the Trx doesn't weigh 30+ pounds, the Arrma 8S line's problem IMHO.
I already have the Outcast 8s. But what other companies make 1/5th scale electric trucks. All i ever see are gas powered ones

Hey I got k6,k6 xl and th O8s and they are completely different to drive but the k6 and the xl it's just something really different, my.local HS still have the RTR O8s for 500$$ but unfortunately is just in store sell

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back