Would you trust this battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Got into the hobby in Feb 2020 and thought Spektrum batteries were good until I learned here and moved on. I use this battery every once in a while when I have a new user and a slower rig to put it in.

Temps in the rig never got hot ESC 115 and motor 120deg for the full one bash with this battery. No jumps but it did flip 1-2 times in the grass. When done I noticed the case looked like below. I cannot say if it happened "if" the battery puffing rig never got hot it may never have, maybe when it flipped, or just time and age case broke.

I can tape the case back together and hold it a bit longer. What your thoughts or what would you do with it?

Thx

1653799158156.png
1653799167224.png

I have run them like that but don't really like having them in the house maybe that's just me been paranoid

I have run them like that but don't really like having them in the house maybe that's just me been paranoid
Funny you say that I left it in the middle of the garage floor tonight on the concrete floor....I felt some type of way as well, LOL

Had a Gens hard case do that last year. In think due to puffing. Run it for quite a few runs, but at some point charging/balancing starting to take longer and longer and differences between the cells got larger. In the end I decided to get rid of it.
You can open up the hardcase and see if and how bad the lipo is puffed.

I had a relatively cheap 3s battery puff a bit just like that. It went back down after I storage charged it for a few days so I taped it up. It only lasted another week before it really puffed up bad. I don’t think I’ll trust Ones that do this anymore. I’d rather deplete and toss a possibly going dead battery than risk the alternative.

I have another one of the same brand, I always buy them two at time, that looks like it may have started to puff yesterday. I’m watching it closely. I’ll charge it again today and if there’s any concern it’s out of here.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back