Washington Would you use a mobile app that lets you find RC bash spots & tracks on a map?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TL;DR: RC Bash Finder is available for iOS here! Android coming soon. Please add your favorite bash spots, and don't be shy about giving feedback!

Hi there!

You might remember my post from a few months ago saying that I was beginning work on RC Bash Finder, an app to help the RC community find & share bash spots and tracks. I'm super excited to announce that the first version is now available for iOS in the app store! (Android coming soon!)

I kept the first version super simple -- I think the app will be most useful if it's driven by community input as much as possible, so I wanted to get it into your hands as soon as I could!

You'll notice that there are only a few bash spots in the app right now -- this is where I really need your help! Getting more bash spots into the app will really help to make RC Bash Finder a great resource for RC drivers, so if you give the app a try please add your favorite spots!

As I mentioned, I'm really keen to get your feedback and use it to create something great -- feel free to message me here on the forum, email me at [email protected], or use the feedback feature in the app to let me know what you'd like to see. If you're really excited about this, let me know and I would love to chat with you from time to time to bounce ideas around!

To give you a sense of what I have in mind for the app, some features I may build next include:
  • getting more data into the app (RC tracks, BMX tracks, & parks)
  • user comments on bash locations
  • "checking in" at a bash spot so others can see you're there
  • showing weather conditions at a bash location
Have other suggestions? Let me know!

I'm having a blast working on this. Thanks and happy bashing!

Eric
That's awesome! Does it work globally?

Downloading it now, but Apple is a work phone. Keep us up to date when the Android version is ready? My user name to sign up is pulling up an error. Any suggestions?
Your password has to have a symbol and capital letters. Took me a min too??‍♂️

Thanks @scrantonicity02 for this app. I have down loaded it on ipad and signed up. Have added first Australian location on the app (well first from what I can see). Hopefully others do the same as I'm currently looking for locations in my area.

Sent him an email. Got it working, but when i tried to add my first location, it got pinned in Vancouver. To all members in Vancouver, there is no Meadowvale Park Bmx track on Cornwall Ave. Can't figure out how to delete it. This is going to be a long day.

Unfortunately for Europe better say Italy the app will not work,right?

It is available in iOS app stores worldwide, so yes it will work!
Will it work in the UK..???

Are you stalking all of us ???

Yes it will work in UK!
Thanks @scrantonicity02 for this app. I have down loaded it on ipad and signed up. Have added first Australian location on the app (well first from what I can see). Hopefully others do the same as I'm currently looking for locations in my area.

Thanks @Warby, that's so exciting!! One thing I plan to prioritize doing next is getting more useful data that's already publicly available into the app like BMX tracks, RC tracks, and parks, so hopefully it won't be very empty for long :)
That's awesome! Does it work globally?

Hi @JvG , yes it works globally!

We all need to get on this app and add new bashing locations to make it more useful. Get on it guys. You can do it. ??

Last edited:
I will log in and be as active as I possibly can be without a doubt. Seems that arrma owners seem to be more of the "none iOS" people and I have a feeling that I'm not the only one loving the idea of the app and the great possibilities l/benefits this app could have on the community of rc bashers as a whole....but need an Android OS version or a temporary site that has some of the basic capabilities/functions that the iOS app has atleast for now. I'm not fluent with coding but I've designed more than a few websites for business owners over the years to make extra income(also helps to have a life long bestfriend who owns/runs an SEO related business at times when things get technical or become too much for individuals to keep sites apps etc maintained regularly after the initial build/launch. I'm willing to lend a hand to help get this incredibl tool into the hands of more users but at t hdd e very least would do whatever I could to assist in whatever my skills/time allow for access to those using Android OS(the only mobile OS I prefer and also love my dual boot win10/android pc if not using my Samsung dex). don't know if your not familiar with android development or prefer ios but if the app you've created doesn't spread fast via android users than ide be forced to believe it wont make it on any OS platform but we are bashers some old some young but always nice to have ppl.to bash with if so choose and location location location is where the struggle can be very real for some but options all day for others.... live the vibe, the idea of it all and if you could use an extra set of greasy basher hands to make it happen I'm here(going to steal the wifes phone and break into bbn it to try and check out the ios version now but it might be a suicide mission...either way it's worth it??‍♂️?

Hi, everyone! I'm so excited to see all of the interest in the Android release! I've recently taken a new job which has most of my attention so progress on the Android release has been a bit slower than expected, but I am absolutely still working on it and this community will be the first to know when it's ready. You guys are awesome, happy bashing!!

Hi, everyone! I'm so excited to see all of the interest in the Android release! I've recently taken a new job which has most of my attention so progress on the Android release has been a bit slower than expected, but I am absolutely still working on it and this community will be the first to know when it's ready. You guys are awesome, happy bashing!!
Very happy to hear that the android release is still in the works and appreciate the confirmation I was hoping to hear. These projects can take alot of time especially when you arent simply cloning the work of someone else. It's pretty groundbreaking stuff and if people such as the ones that make this forum the great recourse/community it is.... than I certainly can see it being a great success. Th as no you for the time and effort you're applying to this application. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back