Washington Would you use a mobile app that lets you find RC bash spots & tracks on a map?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks @Pfaulk54271, @legallyrc and @Wmorgan ! What kind of information would you like to see displayed about bashing locations? (for example, terrain, weather, ok to run nitro or not, and so on?)
Maybe set a few parameters for RC types and bashing styles that you can establish icons for? Electric and nitro. Jumping, drifting, track runs. Is there potential for pedestrian or vehicle contact.

thanks @Pfaulk54271, @legallyrc and @Wmorgan ! What kind of information would you like to see displayed about bashing locations? (for example, terrain, weather, ok to run nitro or not, and so on?)

Definitely all of those. Yesterday I was at a local park and city officials stopped by to let me know it was a no-go to bash at that park. That was tough given I had just bought a Kraton about 3 hours earlier. The app should show live location of bashers, demonstrate best places to bash given area size, terrain and likelihood of acceptability of bashing. Would be happy to work with you directly on app development and suggestions for functionality and UI.

@legallyrc those are really great suggestions! I would love to reach out to you for feedback during development, thank you for offering! I will definitely keep you informed as I develop a prototype, and perhaps we can touch base directly soon once I have some mock-ups together? Does that sound OK to you?

The same goes for anyone else who comes across this thread -- if you would like to be involved in shaping this project, please feel free to reach out to me! I would love the outcome to be informed by this awesome community. Thank you!

Yesterday I was at a local park and city officials stopped by to let me know it was a no-go to bash at that park.

Skate/BMX park or just a grass and trees park? Odd that they wouldn't let you... unless it's a high traffic park with people everywhere.

There used to be a site that would let you add locations to a map, then share it. Frappr or something like that.

Would be handy to have an app like that where you could plot a location, add notes to it and photo's to show it when people visit.

thanks @olds97_lss, I will definitely check out Frappr and see if there is inspiration to be had there!

Do you tend to check out new bash spots often? Is there anything frustrating about finding new spots?

thanks @olds97_lss, I will definitely check out Frappr and see if there is inspiration to be had there!

Do you tend to check out new bash spots often? Is there anything frustrating about finding new spots?
I tried going there, my malware program went batty, so may not be a good idea to check anymore.

Hi folks! Just following up on the above :)

I've decided to move forward with building the app! if you’d care to follow along as I develop it, here’s where you can find out more: https://www.rcbashfinder.com/

Feel free to reach out to me at the email listed on that site if you have ideas/feedback, I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks and happy bashing!

Eric

Hey @Mongoose! Thanks for the input! Those are both great ideas and definitely things I want to see in the app too! A rating system is probably going to be present in an early version of the app, and I think a way to share where/when you're headed out a certain location will make its way into the app as well. We are on the same page :)

Hi folks! Just following up on the above :)

I've decided to move forward with building the app! if you’d care to follow along as I develop it, here’s where you can find out more: https://www.rcbashfinder.com/

Feel free to reach out to me at the email listed on that site if you have ideas/feedback, I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks and happy bashing!

Eric

hi, will the app also work for europe, austria? and can users put in new bash spots if they found one? Would be pretty cool!!

Signed up for notices with email. This will be really cool if folks will share their "honey holes".
Will there be a comments section to describe the spot size, what's available (ie ramps, track, speed runs, grass, dirt, etc)?

I'd definitely use the app.
There's probably 15 good bash spots I can add around central North Carolina that I frequent

Signed up for notices with email. This will be really cool if folks will share their "honey holes".
Will there be a comments section to describe the spot size, what's available (ie ramps, track, speed runs, grass, dirt, etc)?

"Honey holes", that's a great way to put it! :)

Yes, absolutely! You will be able to add specific tags that describe the spot (e.g., "grassy", "big jumps", "nitro ok") that other users will be able to search by. There will also be a "Description" text box for you to add any additional information that you may want. Other users will also be able to comment to give their input as well, or perhaps chime in about current conditions ("don't go today, too muddy!")

Thanks for your comment!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back