Granite Wow, finally tried an 18t pinion in my Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I always liked the fixed motor mount plate that came with the V2 Granite, so I never tried an 18t pinion. I recently got the M2C motor plate with adjustable mesh, so I finally gave it a try. Wow! Felt so much faster. I couldn't even get to full throttle with the space in my usual spot. Main difference was being able to quickly accelerate through the ramp. I didn't need as long of a running start to generate speed. Just punch it right before the ramp. My biggest airs. Triple backflips, no problem. :D Unfortunately, that also translated into a few breakages. 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: overheating became an issue. I've gone back to the 15t

Last edited:
I just made the same change on mine. The truck is more ridiculous than it was before.... and destroyed a diff and the rear half shaft U joints are looking even looser now... But they are original to the truck with I don't know how many 3s packs through it.

Well, I hope the increased speed doesn't translate to durability issues. My breakages were all impact related, going for too much and getting used to controlling the faster flip speed. We'll see.

I'm sure my issues are from the fact that these parts are original to my truck, about a year or so, with multiple 3s batteries per most weeks.

Faster speed does mean harder impacts and more damage... I'd definitely watch temps, driveshafts and diffs. If you still run the plastic spur definitely keep an eye on that as well. I love my Granite it's such a fun rig for flips and ramp bashes for sure! Just did a 4s conversion on mine also added hex adapters and MX28's so it's 15 inches wide now with the Typhon arms as well

Faster speed does mean harder impacts and more damage... I'd definitely watch temps, driveshafts and diffs. If you still run the plastic spur definitely keep an eye on that as well. I love my Granite it's such a fun rig for flips and ramp bashes for sure! Just did a 4s conversion on mine also added hex adapters and MX28's so it's 15 inches wide now with the Typhon arms as well
Temps became an issue. Got up to 160 fairly quickly during my usual ramp bashing. On the 15t I'll usually stay under 130 no matter how long I run. Went back to the 15t.

EDIT: the higher temps may have been an ESC issue.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back