WOW. Hot Racing Aluminum diff carrier cases only $6.94 on Ebay. Bought 3!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well these won't work in the front of my Outcast :( I can't add enough shims on the crown gear bearing to tighten up the mesh, it's looser than a Thai lady of the night.
I had a similar issue with the arrma version of these cups. I had to remove one of the gaskets and seal with RTV to allow enough room for shims to get the ring/pinion mesh to be "ok". Even the center diff was too wide and it put a lot of pressure on the bearings.

With my latest install (after breaking the rear diff in a single 5 minute bash session), I had stripped screws on the bulk and replaced it. Then the diff (still without the one gasket) fit with 2 shims and the mesh feels really good.

My diff saga:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/issue-with-the-arrma-alloy-diff-cup-seems-too-long.14517/

I was hoping these weren’t trash. I too jumped on these when they were on super sale!!? but haven’t had time to try any of the 3 I bought. So it’s nice to hear they are at least somewhat working out. ?

I had a similar issue with the arrma version of these cups. I had to remove one of the gaskets and seal with RTV to allow enough room for shims to get the ring/pinion mesh to be "ok". Even the center diff was too wide and it put a lot of pressure on the bearings.

With my latest install (after breaking the rear diff in a single 5 minute bash session), I had stripped screws on the bulk and replaced it. Then the diff (still without the one gasket) fit with 2 shims and the mesh feels really good.

My diff saga:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/issue-with-the-arrma-alloy-diff-cup-seems-too-long.14517/
For some reason it fit fine in the rear and I didn't have any issues with any of the others. I'm also using Hot Racing gearboxes so I'm sure that had an effect on this.

Does anyone else make shims for the crown side bearings that are thinner than 0.1mm?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back