Wow - likely RC scam site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhett

Starvin Delmarvin
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
MOD WARNING: This "store" stinks VERY much of a scam and is HIGHLY advised NOT to order from. Please read the rest of the thread before making your decision and sending some unknown person your money / credit card info.

Warning signs:

• The domain of this likely scammer store (shopifyus.store) mimics the very popular and trusted site shopify.com. This is a known tactic that scammers will use in order to trick you into thinking it's related or a trusted site.

• The site logo of this "store" is a complete rip off of the trusted "Toys of Trucks" website that sales accessories for full size trucks and jeeps. In fact the likely scammer site didn't even bother to remove the tag line of the logo which says "car, truck and jeep accessories" - when this likely scammer site doesn't even list car, truck, or jeep accessories.

• ZERO contact information. The store doesn't give you ANY contact information. No email. No Address. No phone number.
    In addition the domain was just registered on 3/6/2019 - that's not to say every new store is a scam just proceed with extreme caution.

-----------------------

Has anybody ever bought anything from this place I just found an arm of I 3 Creighton ready to run for a 120 Bux brand new

Screenshot_20190505-133550_Facebook.jpg

If it looks too good to be true it probably is! There's no mention of an address or telephone number anywhere on the website; big red flags!

If it looks too good to be true it probably is! There's no mention of an address or telephone number anywhere on the website; big red flags!
Yes there actually is that was just a screenshot of my cart and the place has been around for a little bit as well I'm going to give it a shot I'm going to get that yeti HD 1/6 scale

Good luck. No way I would purchase from them. Dealer cost is higher than that. Has to be a scam. Has to be.
I'm going to take a shot on one of the cheaper ones they have and I will let you guys know what happens because of this is the real deal they have everything here is a screenshot of the page and I did get ahold of customer service Here are some screenshots of my cart and customer service and a link how you can get to him check it out let me know you think

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190505-135911_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190505-135911_Facebook.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20190505-135849_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190505-135849_Facebook.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 116
Granite 3s BLX for $72, lol. I'll take 3! :ROFLMAO:
Unless the stuff is stolen, there is no way they could stay in business.

I found them on Facebook as well I'm on a send screenshots of the number contact and fell and page info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190505-140051_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190505-140051_Facebook.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20190505-140059_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190505-140059_Facebook.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 103
SCAM You are looking up info on the REAL Toys for Trucks. This is their website (toysfortrucks.com)

TFT2.jpg

And here is what you are buying from (shopifyus.store):

TFT1.jpg

Check the URL's out. It has to be a scam. Unless a reputable dealer of 1:1 truck parts and Jeep parts also happens to sell RC RTR kits, lol. Like I said. Good luck, bro.

someone please tell me if this is bullshit cause if it's not I'm about to buy four or five different cars

I hope @WoodiE removes this before anyone else is scammed out of money.
someone please tell me if this is bullshit cause if it's not I'm about to buy four or five different cars

It's complete bullshit. Hard to believe anyone would think otherwise. Look at the f@cking prices. Come on. Anyone with a shred of common sense would know it's a scam.

I'm not buying anything unless someone actually gets what they purchase... we already had one test dummie let's see how it plays out lol if he gets the yeti in the mail I'm gonna fall over dead for all the money iv spent lol

SCAM You are looking up info on the REAL Toys for Trucks. This is their website (toysfortrucks.com)

View attachment 37416

And here is what you are buying from (shopifyus.store):

View attachment 37417

Check the URL's out. It has to be a scam. Unless a reputable dealer of 1:1 truck parts and Jeep parts also happens to sell RC RTR kits, lol. Like I said. Good luck, bro.
Yes on the Facebook page that is correct I saw that as well but I was just emailed back by the company that does sell everything from Arma low C the Tera Axel hobo or Hobart whatever you call it fellow L and they are legit I'm starting off with a $100 1 1st

Yes on the Facebook page that is correct I saw that as well but I was just emailed back by the company that does sell everything from Arma low C the Tera Axel hobo or Hobart whatever you call it fellow L and they are legit I'm starting off with a $100 1 1st
well if it actually shows up in the mail I'll try one myself
a scammer will tell you whatever you whatever you want to here just to get the money I'm just saying ... but if it's real I'm in all day lol maybe its overstock who knows but if its wake be warned and please do tell if it's not what you ordered

It's complete bullshit. Hard to believe anyone would think otherwise. Look at the f@cking prices. Come on. Anyone with a shred of common sense would know it's a scam.
exactly why I'm waiting for the mail call just let it play out but guys I wouldn't go crazy on here if it's to good to be true it normally is ... although I'm covered for vs like this it would still take at least a week to dispute it on my card so I'm gonna hold out and see what happens

giphy.gif

I'm with @bicketybam on this but if I'm proven wrong then fantastic, ...cause I'm going to start my own business buying R/C's from those guys and selling them on for a profit. :p

View attachment 37419

I'm with @bicketybam on this but if I'm proven wrong then fantastic, ...cause I'm going to start my own business buying R/C's from those guys and selling them on for a profit. :p
I totally agree what you guys I'm not gonna do that ship no way in h*** that's why I asked you guys thank you very much for talking my stubborn a** out of it lol I love you guys now to fix my son's kraton. I do have a brand new notorious I'm looking to trade for a yeti XL rock Racer Vanni bodies intrested
Did you ask them why they have two different websites?
Did you ask them why they have two different websites?
Yes I did and that is not their website that sells trucks and truck parts there on shop afy that's who has the RC trucks

I'll build us a website and take out a small fortune from the bank... if it's real there is big money to be made

Well let's assume that this is a legitimate business that wants to make money. If they are selling the new Kraton for $120 (or even the V3), what do you think their cost is? A guess. Let's say $90. Do you really believe Horizon Hobby is selling these guys Kratons for $90 apiece? Do you think that is what your LHS is paying for them and marking them up to $550? Is there anybody here that sees how utterly ridiculous this is? I'd be more apt at believing it if they were selling them for $400. But $120? If you believe that then you must have failed Common Sense 101 like a dozen times and you certainly shouldn't be driving RC's capable of 60 mph. I am not trying to be mean, but you have to be an idiot to think there is any shred of truth to this. Maybe shipping is $430.
I totally agree what you guys I'm not gonna do that ship no way in h*** that's why I asked you guys thank you very much for talking my stubborn a** out of it lol I love you guys now to fix my son's kraton. I do have a brand new notorious I'm looking to trade for a yeti XL rock Racer Vanni bodies intrested

Yes I did and that is not their website that sells trucks and truck parts there on shop afy that's who has the RC trucks
And they just happen to have the same name and logo as the legit 1:1 car parts business?! Red flags everywhere. Run away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back