Granite Wow radio upgrades are a huge difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemenaker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have seen on here over and over upgrade from the crappy radio that comes with these r/c's. I ordered 2 flysky radios for my daughter and myself. I was more getting it for my daughter after watching some videos showing how much better low speed throttle worked. I almost waited and got a Futaba for myself.

Both flyskies arrived today, and I put them both on. I was immediately blown away by how much better the low speed throttle response is. How much easier it made to drive the trucks. I got it hoping it would make it easier for my daughter, and it absolutely does.

Put one in my K4s. Had the dumbo before which was a huge improvement over the stx2 already. The flysky has way more features, especially fond of sub trim. Needless to say I put the dumbo in my sons senton and he’s now a world class driver. He was ok before, but if this change improves a 4 year olds skill then what’s that really saying about the stx2 :oops:

I have seen on here over and over upgrade from the crappy radio that comes with these r/c's. I ordered 2 flysky radios for my daughter and myself. I was more getting it for my daughter after watching some videos showing how much better low speed throttle worked. I almost waited and got a Futaba for myself.

Both flyskies arrived today, and I put them both on. I was immediately blown away by how much better the low speed throttle response is. How much easier it made to drive the trucks. I got it hoping it would make it easier for my daughter, and it absolutely does.

Which Flysky's did you buy?

Nice, those are the good ones!

Thinking about getting one of these or the Dumbo rc models. My big thing is with my 4year old I like being able to limit the speed with a flick of a switch. Do any of these allow that?

Thinking about getting one of these or the Dumbo rc models. My big thing is with my 4year old I like being able to limit the speed with a flick of a switch. Do any of these allow that?
I've ordered one of these for my granite, looks like there's a dial to adjust the throttle from 0-100

I got my Flysky GT5 installed yesterday in my Outcast 4s. My god what a difference. Delay is gone, all the adjustments that can be made and man the gyro is something nice to have also. I have that set at 25% and as long as I can keep the front end down it launches straight as a arrow. Anyone and everyone should upgrade the radios in these RTR's for sure!

I saw a hobbyshop 30km from me has 4 tactic radios with receivers slightly used for 40$ish(50cad) sold the stx for 20$ cant belive people are reseling the stx for 50$ here in my area when its a junk radio for high speed rc going to pick the radio up for my kraton 4s the dumborc is now on my typhon

This is true. You lose reverse at 50% plus breaking will also be reduced by that same input just FYI.
Are you sure about this ? I know on the standard remote it does this but shouldn’t happen on a remote with endpoint or travel adjustments, I know on my dx5c I can put the throttle on 30 % and still get brake and reverse

I saw a hobbyshop 30km from me has 4 tactic radios with receivers slightly used for 40$ish(50cad) sold the stx for 20$ cant belive people are reseling the stx for 50$ here in my area when its a junk radio for high speed rc going to pick the radio up for my kraton 4s the dumborc is now on my typhon

Zone Hobbies my any chance?

Are you sure about this ? I know on the standard remote it does this but shouldn’t happen on a remote with endpoint or travel adjustments, I know on my dx5c I can put the throttle on 30 % and still get brake and reverse
Sorry should say below 50%. The dumbo only has trim no epa.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back