Wow - that was quick....Fazon is DOWN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Took my son out this AM to the costco lot

Amazing wheelies with the Fazon - across the lot - hysterical... had the go pro on the Nero and Senton. Great stuff and then.....whizzzzzzzz no traction - ..... I thought slipper just needed to be tightened ....tried - still WHIZZZZZZZ. Took to hobby shop as I was headed there anyway to pick out a nice high torque servo.....

They tell me the rear diff needs to be looked at and its not just the slipper. Saw all the links moving but no lovely cranking sound we all know and love....

Left it there in disgust.... Heading out for jumps with the Kraton , nero and senton....

I JUST threw on alll my tBone stuff and now this BS.

Took my son out this AM to the costco lot

Amazing wheelies with the Fazon - across the lot - hysterical... had the go pro on the Nero and Senton. Great stuff and then.....whizzzzzzzz no traction - ..... I thought slipper just needed to be tightened ....tried - still WHIZZZZZZZ. Took to hobby shop as I was headed there anyway to pick out a nice high torque servo.....

They tell me the rear diff needs to be looked at and its not just the slipper. Saw all the links moving but no lovely cranking sound we all know and love....

Left it there in disgust.... Heading out for jumps with the Kraton , nero and senton....

I JUST threw on alll my tBone stuff and now this BS.
Does it move at all in blast? how about in center diff locked?

It may be something simple like a sheered pin

probably sheared a pin off... gotta watch that crazy poop with diffs locked in.... it gets broken quick if it gets all crazy... I'm about to take mine out and try the terrain crushers if rain holds off... I did chowder a diff in my Nero but it was not bad at all I think if I had tighten it all back up it would have been fine but found one on ebay complete for 14 bux so I just replaced it all except pinion... looked fine to me... few small chips on the ring gear but it was loose and making a noise every time I hammered it so I got it opened up quick.

I looked over - all links move but zero traction just a whizz and I see the spur move I remember this happened with the nero and I tightened the slipper all the way and turned back 1/4 rotation and beam - back on the road. They said at the hobby shop the rear diff - no clicks when you rotate at all.... I was wheelie ing across the costco lot this AM ... lemme find that ...and Im thinking maybe it wore out the brand new rear diff? its brand new....3rd run don't get it but too busy to fix myself - work all day in the city and only time to run is weekends anyway... Im not only getting it fixed but new servo and front / center diff filled up with grease... I don't drift so I will skip the front ( So annoying because I JUST put on all the TBone stuff just yesterday...argghhh..

ahhh wait - your talking the diff brain pins.... will have them check the rear and center ! That might be the problem - will update

Incredible Josh - My nero is the non diff brain for this very reason I mUST say though.... with the tone wheeliebar - Incredible parking lot long wheelies....

Attachments

• IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 44
AWESOME NEWS! I love it when tragedy turns out to be just an inconvenience.

I have a similar sounding issue with my Nero right now. Seems to be the clutch but sounds and acts like you described. Which pin in the rear dog bone do you speak of though? The threaded pin that connects the driveshaft to the Differential? Those seem to all be intact. It's as though there's a disconnect to the motor! Trying to move it on the ground by hand, all the driveshafts rotate but the spur/pinion do not.

You probably shredded a pin between the center diff output and front and or rear ring gear input. Folks are putting in the Traxxas Revo diff pin with good results.

You probably shredded a pin between the center diff output and front and or rear ring gear input. Folks are putting in the Traxxas Revo diff pin with good results.

So far one broken pin found on the front end, output shaft to the wheel. Are you saying beyond those pins, some folks are snapping pin inside the differentials?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back