Typhon Wow! This thing rips!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFM

Beast mode activated
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 6s
So I really haven’t had the chance to dive balls deep in her until just now!!! I attempted a speed run last week but tire blew out first pass. Hit 74 that day and 74 tonight in the freezing cold!
I must say tho I am really impressed w the hoons on new smooth parking lot! She was just ripping and drifting everywhere!! Tight donuts got the hoons smoking!!! Wow! Such an awesome bash session!! This thing is an animal!! I swapped out the shock oil from stock to 80wt in all four corners since I run brick 6s lipo lol. Rode like a dream!! I was actually bout to sell her but I think I may have to reconsider!! I was just going to take her out for a first and final bash to make sure everything was good to go for the sale!! Lol. I can’t even imagine what this thing would drive like on road stretched!! Damn!

3BB1F712-B873-4144-86D8-2C6CD454FA3C.jpeg

72A64771-472B-460D-B30F-F579E33D0D6B.jpeg

CBCB90CF-4279-4C48-8F0A-40A475B63439.jpeg

949925AB-6D67-4BEB-90EC-E76E22934A29.jpeg

Stretched Typhons are da bomb. Just put a fresh set of Hoons on mine.

View attachment 132512
View attachment 132511
Sick!! How does she drive? My spektrum motor was cherry hot!! Max 254!! Then instantly started cooking. I guess it didn’t like the 24t lol. I have a super stretched talion (1/7) that is my go to rig! On or off road she is a beast and so fun to bash!! So if this bashes like that I’m all in!!
01B34E67-8A43-4859-BB2A-012F2793C146.jpeg
5DF8F169-9E75-4E68-9842-5CE66A7C0DDE.jpeg
112A65B4-C51C-41CA-B852-737D259EA4AC.jpeg

Talion chassis for this one, but you could also stretch it with a Mojave chassis (or Kraton chassis).
If I use the Mojave chassis, all I need is the center dog bones from the Mojave? Then the body posts in the rear right? Something like that? Do you have a link to your build? Thanks.

If I use the Mojave chassis, all I need is the center dog bones from the Mojave? Then the body posts in the rear right? Something like that? Do you have a link to your build? Thanks.

You also need the chassis braces - I believe Mo and Talion share the same braces. The body posts as well - I think you can stretch the stock ones with rods but the one I have is printed. It was from a member here but I can’t remember who. Unfortunately I don’t have a link. It’s just all typhon stuff with Talion chassis, center dog bones and chassis braces.

With normal rubber wear, a 2 mm difference might be splitting hairs. Rollout wise.:unsure:

Just got back from a test we be running hoons for now went of 89 mph to 97 I thought GRPs were a better tire
GRP's are better. Hoons will let go/blow out once you reach 110+mph, give or take based on their condition and wear.. Thats where the GRP's will shine in general. Hoons balloon much more than GRP's will. As much as 5mm more IMHO. Witnessed with a cam mounted on my Lim at 98MPH. Ballooning makes the tire gain more rollout at those speeds. Increasing more top end to a point. Just that ballooning hurts directional stability. Then it works against you at those top speeds. Also the reason why they are not best for running 100+ mph consistently. Ballooning eventually contributes to blow outs. Had many of them. One blowout caused over $400. in damage to my Lim. A new Lim roller was needed as the math dictated parts would be more $$.
Don't get too comfortable with the Hoons. Or at least anticipate their limits.
:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back