WOW - Traxxas forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krathead

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Amazing how they will pile on you like a rugby team if you even hint that Traxxas might not be the best thing that ever happened to RC. I'm glad to have a place like this that as long as you are not disrespectful or vulgar you can discuss all things RC honesstly. Thanks for that Woodie! I am very happy to be here.

El Sob and the gang are an interesting bunch, but they really do have a lot of good info to share. You need to be mindful of how precious Traxxas is, and try not hurt anyone's feelings:ROFLMAO:

Amazing how they will pile on you like a rugby team if you even hint that Traxxas might not be the best thing that ever happened to RC. I'm glad to have a place like this that as long as you are not disrespectful or vulgar you can discuss all things RC honesstly. Thanks for that Woodie! I am very happy to be here.
Funny thing is, a lot of them will pm you when they want to tell you what they really think or feel. They just can't express themselves in the forum. Hey Lucy, you got some splaining to do....

I can understand not wanting to bash the brand, but if you are having a conversation and mention a problem and it's a true statement and relevant to the discussion you should not be chastised for it. It's like the whole forum is an open wound and everything not Traxxas is salt.

I can understand not wanting to bash the brand, but if you are having a conversation and mention a problem and it's a true statement and relevant to the discussion you should not be chastised for it. It's like the whole forum is an open wound and everything not Traxxas is salt.
It's like the classic Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate. Once you pick your stable, you defend it to the death, even if it takes every last penny to keep your car/truck going. Some people also like Honda, Toyota, etc. etc. Can't we all just agree that every brand has it's positives and negatives? I love my new Arrma, but I didn't throw my Slash in the trash. In fact, I've found myself right back into the Slash, using some of the knowledge I've acquired in the Arrma forums. It's a hobby, and you learn as you go along. Sometimes it's exciting, sometimes it's frustrating. Either way, we keep coming back for more. Just my 2 cents. Delete if it's offending anyone.

I was just typing in another post and when i right clicked traxxas to see suggestions on what the dictionary thought the word should be it said trash...lol I laughed for a good min. I am not knocking the guys who wanna help or the brand but man it was funny.
trash.png

I was just typing in another post and when i right clicked traxxas to see suggestions on what the dictionary thought the word should be it said trash...lol I laughed for a good min. I am not knocking the guys who wanna help or the brand but man it was funny.
View attachment 25650
Try posting that in the Traxxas forum :ROFLMAO:

If you run traxxas, that forum does have a lot of info. Just takes time to sift the good info from all the new blood talking garbage. I don't have a favorite brand. To me, they are all the same. Everything always seems to need something to make it live through a day. Some more, some less. Doesn't usually bug me much because I buy used, so I start out cheap, then add the necessary stuff to make it through a day.

That's one difference between a company ran forum and a fan forum.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it here.
Not just the company forums. That RC Junkies forum will lock threads / ban people over Traxxas non-love too... Mind you, they don't mind hating on Arrma or Losi, and bringing up ECX is a good excuse for a good old fashion interwebs beat down, but don't talk bad about Traxxas...

You are going to find biased opinions in every message board. It's just human nature to justify your purchase of rc car, rc plane, car, motorcycle, radio, or whatever it may be. And every forum has those obnoxious "My (insert whatever) is the greatest ever, I don't know why idiots buy anything else" or know-it-alls that actually aren't lol

Like others have said, there is usually good info on most message boards, you just gotta sift through all the BS to find it. I've been on MANY message boards. Usually there are a handful of guys that are very knowledgeable, humble, and willing to help. Those are the guys I usually go to for information.

My problem with Traxxas is that when one of their competitors makes a better product they try to sue them out of existence with frivolous lawsuits and expensive litigation instead of redesigning their outdated product to be better than their competitors.
You don't see Ford, Chevy or Dodge trying to sue the other into bankruptcy because their competitors also have vehicles with fold down rear seats and a macpherson strut suspension setup. It might be one thing to patent something new you actually invented, but all Traxxas does is patent someone else's design so that none of their competitors can use it.

While I don't have allegiance to any one brand, one of the reasons I picked up the Granite 3S was to potentially promote a better product to the Traxxas stuff, and if so, show people that there is a better way to spend their money. I believe in giving the people the best information possible so that they can make good, informed decisions about RC products. Good companies and products deserve recognition!

If someone is making a product that is superior to everyone else, I want the consumers to know!

That said, my TRX-4 is a beast, so... :giggle:

I'm a Heli guy at heart. I was NOT much for surface vehicles at all; I just dabbled with ECX/Vaterra, and one day found Arrma along with this forum.
This forum is paramount to any Arrma owner. I believe I would not of became so passionate for surface RC's (ARRMA only,,, traxxas sucks, haha), if this forum did not exist.

Thanks Gentlemen.....

Last edited:
I was accused of "bullying" in a pm by one of the forum mods over there when I asked a few people who were arguing incessantly over some off-topic bs to stay on topic. I even said please in my comment. They also delete or edit your post to take out the word "arrma" in your post if you use it or talk about one of their products. You can't make stuff like this up...

You can get any info from there in pretty much any youtube video or any other forum. I left there a while ago and refuse to go back.

Do they seriously delete arrma key words?? That is hilarious....

The forum automatically did it when I was on there a few months ago. If you mention one of their actual models, they manually edited the post.

lame... Traxxas slash is cool and all...i mean, i have one...But, you can have all their monster stuff....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back