WTF 40mm motor directly to 6s bat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avogev

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
anyone do this? is it doable? impossible? i need it to blow hard but still be safe. so receiver is going to be too weak and the esc probably also a bit too weak.

No, I don’t think so. Needs to be within the 6-8 voltage range. Just run it to the receiver with an extension and plug into channel 3 and good to go. You could also run it with a small 2s lipo tuck away somewhere.

If you wanted to hook a fan straight to a 6S battery, you would need to get a 24v fan. 24v fans are easy enough to find...but why? They aren't any cheaper than the 5v-ish fans that plug into the receiver, and they don't necessarily perform any better. Plus, they would slow down as the battery drained, while a 5v fan attached to the receiver would stay at the same speed the whole run.

my intent was to have to spinning much faster than it would when plugged to the receiver.

my intent was to have to spinning much faster than it would when plugged to the receiver.
That’s not a given just because it’s being fed a higher voltage. It could be, but it’s not a given. Also, spinning faster doesn’t always mean more air movement. Number of blades, their size and pitch, all have way more to do with air movement than speed alone.

none of the things you listed are a factor in this since im talking about just 1 fan in both scenarios. just needed to know if that fan could handle straight s6. im not an electrical engineer but i am a mechanical engineer lol so im well aware of fan speed not being the only factor in moving air.

none of the things you listed are a factor in this since im talking about just 1 fan in both scenarios. just needed to know if that fan could handle straight s6. im not an electrical engineer but i am a mechanical engineer lol so im well aware of fan speed not being the only factor in moving air.
Being an engineer then you should know that a motor rated at up to 8.4VDC @ 15,000rpm is not likely going to hold up very long at all on 6S (22.44VDC). Why would you need a fan to spin faster than 15,000rpm?

Being an engineer then you should know that a motor rated at up to 8.4VDC @ 15,000rpm is not likely going to hold up very long at all on 6S (22.44VDC). Why would you need a fan to spin faster than 15,000rpm?
Yup that's mainly why I wanna know if anyone's done this and the WTF motor is capable of running like that.

One of two things will happen if you feed that fan from 6S:

1) the fan has over voltage protection and won’t spin at all.
2) it doesn’t have over voltage protection, and the circuit board will almost immediately fail.

It will NOT start spinning super fast. Look, if you want a stupidly fast 40mm fan that can run off 6S, here is a 40x20mm that will make it hard to hold a conversation next to it:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Sanyo-Denki/9GA0424P6G001?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt9MS9kROxCw7aiN0hbRToT1zABDB9AN0I=

And here is a 40x28mm that is even more powerful:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Sanyo-Denki/9GA0424P6G001?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt9MS9kROxCw7aiN0hbRToT1zABDB9AN0I=

They are absurdly loud, move tons of air, and are safe to run directly from a 6S battery.

Last edited:
I say run it on 6S and post your findings. Best way to get your question answered is to do it yourself, especially since no one else has done it.

thanks for the info guys. i was rly hopin someone had already done this thats so i wouldnt need to lol. im designing a custom intake system to drop the temps inside the shroud dust guard thing i have on the car now. running it with that on really got things hot. the intake will insure that im pulling air thru the mesh instead of circulating the inside hot air. the faster spin would have just made things that much easier.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back