WTF! HIGHLY UNSATISFIED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I finally decided that after close to year of use I'd upgrade my servo in my arrma talion. I stopped by local hobby to buy a new one. They recommend Hitec D645MW. I buy it. Get home and it continuously rotates out of the box. No worries. Drive back to the hobby store. They replace it. Back home. Installed. No more than 15 mins, it's stripped. I've never had this happen to me before. I've had multiple rc's from different manufacturers and im just disappointed with this servo. I've emailed Hitec to see what they have to say but mean while I'm S.o.l. Any thoughts on a servo that won't break the bank?

Oh and I have stock traxxas slash servo, 25t lying around. Will it work... for now at least?

Wow, that blows. I use Hitec D845wp in my 1/5 scales and have never had a issue. Used and abused, haven't broken one yet. I have not used a D645MW, but I'd be ready to rip someone and a$$ if I had the problems you had. I'd take it back to the shop and buy something else. You don't want to screw your LHS, but I wouldn't tolerate two failures in a row. You local has a relationship with its vendors, I wouldn't think getting a rma would be an issue for them.

I have no clue why they would even recommend that to you it's only 145 Oz servo it's a racing Servo it's for high speed low torque
One of hitec biggest flaw is they claim all metal gear servo if you've ever taken one apart they have one plastic gear buried away in there it's strips every time.

In case anyone wants the data sheet.. it's a few years old but mostly relevant

20191201_184705.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the URUAV deluxe line of servos. Top spec waterproof, HV, digital, Brushless, metal geared servos that wont break the bank. They are said to be rebranded PowerHD Storm servos which are an expensive premium brand..
The specs are all pretty much identical to the Storms which also supports that notion.

PowerHD Storm 4 specs

Torque(6.0V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(7.4V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.1 oz/in)
Speed: 0.10 sec (6.0V) │ 0.085 sec (7.4V)
Operating Voltage:6.0 ~ 8.4 DC Volts
Weight: 70.0 g (2.47 oz)
Bearing Type:Ball Bearing x 2
Motor Type:Brushless Motor
Gear Type:Titanium & Alu
Operating Temperature:-20℃~60℃
Working frequence:1520μs / 333hz
Size:40.0 x 20.0 x 38.8 mm ( 1.57 x 0.79 x 1.53 in)

URUAV Deluxe Line BLS2508 specs

Torque: 21kg-cm@6v [email protected]
Speed: 0.1s@6v [email protected]/60˚
Operating Voltage: 6-8.4v
Bearing Type: Dual Bearing
Motor Type: Brushless Motor
Gear Type: Titanium & Aluminium Alloy
Operating Temperature: -20˚C to 60˚C
Working Frequency: 1520µs/333hz
Product Dimension:40x20*38.2mm
Product Weight: 70g

I haven't been able to measure the speed but I have measured the dimensions and weight which are spot on... give or take a few tenths of mm/grams....and the gearing appears to be the exact same.

I've got the 25kg/.08 sec one (BLS2508) in my Typhon and loving it.

The BLS3211 (32kg/.11 sec) (or maybe even the BLS3714 (37kg/.14 sec) one if strength is more important to you...) would probs suit your tallion the best.

Only go for HV if you can supply it with at least 7.4v and with a decent amount of amperage though... otherwise you wont be getting the full potential from them.

See. https://m.banggood.com/search/URUAV DELUXE.html

Last edited:
Check out the URUAV deluxe line of servos. Top spec waterproof, HV, digital, Brushless, metal geared servos that wont break the bank. They are said to be rebranded PowerHD Storm servos which are an expensive premium brand..
The specs are all pretty much identical to the Storms which also supports that notion.

PowerHD Storm 4 specs

Torque(6.0V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(7.4V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.1 oz/in)
Speed: 0.10 sec (6.0V) │ 0.085 sec (7.4V)
Operating Voltage:6.0 ~ 8.4 DC Volts
Weight: 70.0 g (2.47 oz)
Bearing Type:Ball Bearing x 2
Motor Type:Brushless Motor
Gear Type:Titanium & Alu
Operating Temperature:-20℃~60℃
Working frequence:1520μs / 333hz
Size:40.0 x 20.0 x 38.8 mm ( 1.57 x 0.79 x 1.53 in)

URUAV Deluxe Line BLS2508 specs

Torque: 21kg-cm@6v [email protected]
Speed: 0.1s@6v [email protected]/60˚
Operating Voltage: 6-8.4v
Bearing Type: Dual Bearing
Motor Type: Brushless Motor
Gear Type: Titanium & Aluminium Alloy
Operating Temperature: -20˚C to 60˚C
Working Frequency: 1520µs/333hz
Product Dimension:40x20*38.2mm
Product Weight: 70g

I haven't been able to measure the speed but I have measured the dimensions and weight which are spot on... give or take a few tenths of mm/grams....and the gearing appears to be the exact same.

I've got the 25kg/.08 sec one (BLS2508) in my Typhon and loving it.

The BLS3211 (32kg/.11 sec) (or maybe even the BLS3714 (37kg/.14 sec) one if strength is more important to you...) would probs suit your tallion the best.

Only go for HV if you can supply it with at least 7.4v and with a decent amount of amperage though... otherwise you wont be getting the full potential from them.

See. https://m.banggood.com/search/URUAV DELUXE.html
I hate to burst your bubble but Power HD is not a premium brand. Their Storm models are their premium line of servos.

I hate to burst your bubble but Power HD is not a premium brand. Their Storm models are their premium line of servos.

Ok... fair enough, I wouldnt argue with that. I guess that my point is that the URUAVs are the same high spec servo... but far cheaper.

Thanks for all the info fellas. I'll have to look into all this. BTW called the hobby shop and explained my situation. They said come in Tuesday with the servo and talk to the manager, but of course I was a bit hasty getting it out and snipped a wire but well see what happens.

I finally decided that after close to year of use I'd upgrade my servo in my arrma talion. I stopped by local hobby to buy a new one. They recommend Hitec D645MW. I buy it. Get home and it continuously rotates out of the box. No worries. Drive back to the hobby store. They replace it. Back home. Installed. No more than 15 mins, it's stripped. I've never had this happen to me before. I've had multiple rc's from different manufacturers and im just disappointed with this servo. I've emailed Hitec to see what they have to say but mean while I'm S.o.l. Any thoughts on a servo that won't break the bank?

Oh and I have stock traxxas slash servo, 25t lying around. Will it work... for now at least?

If it has metal gears, how did it strip in 15 min? That’s really odd.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back