Kraton wth Arrma? quality control much

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott_0

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So yesterday my AE diff fluids and Muegen shims arrived, along with some other goodies! I tore the diffs down, I started with the center diff, upon disassembly I noticed the cup side o-ring was partially torn, wth? I ran this thing ONE time! So I moved on to the front diff, all was well with the o-rings, I went ahead and added only the large shims as the diffs felt pretty good from the start, moved on to the rear, the cup side o-ring was in two pieces!!!! now I'm hoping my local hardware store has the right size o-rings , or my rig in gonna be down again waiting for parts! has anyone else ran into this issue with torn o-rings in such a new truck?

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I tore apart all three difs on my truck, plus three new ones I bought from JRC. No issues. I did have a problem with the wing mounts as one was missing a nylon nut and the other was stripped and glued. This was right out of the box. Just gonna save all the damaged stuff and do one warranty claim with HH somewhere down the line.

That stinks but it doesn't surprise me. It's a tiny piece of rubber and it can easily tear. I'm sure Horizon will send you new ones. I have extras for when I rebuild my diffs.

my hardware store came through for me, I got two for now, simply because I plan on ordering actual replacement o-rings. if anyone is in a pinch for these, your local hardware store should have them in the plumbing section, the ones that fit are 5/16" OD, 3/16" ID 1/16" thick

Last edited:
I still want to find some x rings in the right size for all my diffs and shocks.

my hardware came through for me, I got two for now, simply because I plan on ordering actual replacement o-rings. if anyone is in a pinch for these, your local hardware store should have them in the plumbing section, the ones that fit are 5/16" OD, 3/16" ID 1/16" thick
Thanks for the details. Gonna stock s few just in case?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back