X maxx killer on way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that, maybe because of YT and all the channels and videos we can see now, that the rc cars limit have been pushed. When before, almost everbody were according to say that you will break your car on skate park with huge jumps and bad landings, now it seems to become the reference about durability.

This is a little bit unsetting, because many people will think that a car isn't durable by watching these videos when they will have to chose what to buy, when they won't even do this kind of bashing with it.

It seems that, maybe because of YT and all the channels and videos we can see now, that the rc cars limit have been pushed. When before, almost everbody were according to say that you will break your car on skate park with huge jumps and bad landings, now it seems to become the reference about durability.

This is a little bit unsetting, because many people will think that a car isn't durable by watching these videos when they will have to chose what to buy, when they won't even do this kind of bashing with it.
ALL rigs will break. These vids show decent driving pushing these rigs to its limits. Once you establish the limits of durability, you stay within those limits. And we should all know our own driving limits by now.

There is a difference in driving your RC hard with fun in mind Vs abuse with the intent of breaking it.

My reasoning is more like if a YT'er were to test a smartphone dropping it from 3ft sitting in a char being a realistic test Vs tossing it out of a car onto the street at high speeds. Im not going to not buy it because it cant handle such abuse.....

There is a difference in driving your RC hard with fun in mind Vs abuse with the intent of breaking it.

My reasoning is more like if a YT'er were to test a smartphone dropping it from 3ft sitting in a char being a realistic test Vs tossing it out of a car onto the street at high speeds. Im not going to not buy it because it cant handle such abuse.....
Aside from Kevin Talbot, I feel that most of the K8S vids were plain old driving style these guys are used to and don't look to "break" them. They just put the rig through its normal paces in similar settings and BMX tracks. And the actual durability is revealed to some extent. RC Saylers appear to be Newbs directed toward Newbs. They don't appear relaxed enough with some of their reviews. They do show the excitement a newb would encounter however. So there is value in their content nonetheless. They are comical, but boring at the same time. But nothing technical about their reviews. They try to get technical at times, but fail. They started with panes, Helos and Drones. They are better suited for air versus surface RC in my opinion. They tend to be confused and incorrect at times. Lacking preparation and knowledge of the subject product etc. They don't appear to exercise much caution when they run rigs. Its scary at times.:sick:
Kevin Talbot just finds a way to "break" them. It always seems inevitable with him.:ROFLMAO: But he is all about drive, break, and fix on a daily basis. Some value there too I guess.:unsure: But he has the bucks to" inventory" all the weak parts that do break. That's his "shtick". He is all about mayhem.:ROFLMAO:

From what I have seen so far I can only confirm my scepticism about it. I took a random video of a xmaxx first run and it is nowhere near as sluggish and slow as the Kraton 8s.
I am a proud owner of a Notorious 6s and I don't like traxxas that much, but xmaxx is a serious vehicle. A real beast.

I share the same sentiment. The argument that “arrma didn’t want to make it fast because it’s dangerous” is rubbish. I’m 99% sure my 6s Kraton could be lethal also, and they sure didn’t slow it down out of the box.

To me Arrma is about speed and durability. Take one of those or both of those out, and we look elsewhere. I wanted to like this. I had the money set aside actually. But I won’t be buying it.

I share the same sentiment. The argument that “arrma didn’t want to make it fast because it’s dangerous” is rubbish. I’m 99% sure my 6s Kraton could be lethal also, and they sure didn’t slow it down out of the box.

To me Arrma is about speed and durability. Take one of those or both of those out, and we look elsewhere. I wanted to like this. I had the money set aside actually. But I won’t be buying it.

When I was picking mine up at the LHS I was talking to the owner about how Arrma might have a tough time with their current customer base. Arrma owners tend to to 1) budget conscious and 2) relatively new to the hobby (not suggesting that you are either of those). I believe many of their current customers have never driven or owned a large scale truck. I think they expect the Kraton 8s to handle like an 1/8 scale truck and to cost only a little more. It's just unrealistic. Big trucks do not stunt like an 1/8 scale truck. Simple fact. I can't think of any that come out of the box set to do 55+ mph. Yet that was the expectation for the Kraton 8s.

You say that now buuut...

I don't have plans of getting one but that's partly due to my unique lack of availability of these latest Arrma rigs staring with the Infraction and my LHS is mostly traxass. They're finally putting most of the 6S 2019 release rigs on their shelves. I think if i actually saw one I'd be swayed to getting one...after i get the Infraction.

Aside from ESC tweaks that can be adjusted, it appears to be under geared out the box. IMO. But I am just an armchair quarterback at this point in time.
It doesn't appear to spool up quick enough as well. But videos are hard to judge in this regard. Maybe the motor needs to be pushed harder. Like the Arrma production videos appear to do. Hence a Max5..... like @bicketybam stated. The low KV of the Firma motor may need more amps. The jury is still out.:unsure: If it were me, I would tweak the OE setup till I reached its safe limits, then judge for myself. If I blow up the Electrics in the process, I have an excuse to upgrade to the Max5 combo.:ROFLMAO:
And one thing to remember again, it is 1/5 scale at 24 pounds. Videos are videos and actual use will always vary. Still a very nice rig in my opinion. XMaxx cant hold a candle to it. Fair to say they are two different rigs altogether.
You say that now buuut...

I don't have plans of getting one but that's partly due to my unique lack of availability of these latest Arrma rigs staring with the Infraction and my LHS is mostly traxass. They're finally putting most of the 6S 2019 release rigs on their shelves. I think if i actually saw one I'd be swayed to getting one...after i get the Infraction.
Texas is Traxxass land unfortunately. The sign at the Texas border states "Now Entering Texas, Arrma need not enter or Patent violations will be strictly enforced". :ROFLMAO: Im joking. Nothing personal. I like Texas, the "Lone Star State". Just hate Traxxass and their intent and ability to force LHS to sell their products exclusively or go out of business.:mad: Texas recently wants to make the Chevy Suburban, the OFFICIAL "National State" vehicle. Whatever that supposed to mean:unsure:. Because the Suburban is built in Lexington?? I am sure the X-Maxx is next on the list of the State's Official "National" Treasures". And bet Traxxass is trying hard to Lobby that effort.:LOL: The Name Traxxas comes from the Name Texas. Bet that. No accident.
:) And remember Texaco Oil, "you can trust your car to the man who wears the star". It's all good, I hail from New York State, "The Empire State". The Empire of Corruption that is.:LOL:

Last edited:
Well my LHS got their demo & is suppose to get 3 of them on the 7th, not that I can wait that long. They won't sell it which is understandable. They'll let me have it if they don't get them in. Oh well, it's not like they're my only option. I just don't want to deal with that drive again . . . way too much deer & corn :ROFLMAO:

. . .& yes I did hug it while I was there :love::ROFLMAO::love:

thumbnail.jpg

ALL rigs will break. These vids show decent driving pushing these rigs to its limits. Once you establish the limits of durability, you stay within those limits. And we should all know our own driving limits by now.
True to a point but its not really realistic on what the Average person will do knowing when it will break or take
Aside from Kevin Talbot, I feel that most of the K8S vids were plain old driving style these guys are used to and don't look to "break" them. They just put the rig through its normal paces in similar settings and BMX tracks. And the actual durability is revealed to some extent. RC Saylers appear to be Newbs directed toward Newbs. They don't appear relaxed enough with some of their reviews. They do show the excitement a newb would encounter however. So there is value in their content nonetheless. They are comical, but boring at the same time. But nothing technical about their reviews. They try to get technical at times, but fail. They started with panes, Helos and Drones. They are better suited for air versus surface RC in my opinion. They tend to be confused and incorrect at times. Lacking preparation and knowledge of the subject product etc. They don't appear to exercise much caution when they run rigs. Its scary at times.:sick:
Kevin Talbot just finds a way to "break" them. It always seems inevitable with him.:ROFLMAO: But he is all about drive, break, and fix on a daily basis. Some value there too I guess.:unsure: But he has the bucks to" inventory" all the weak parts that do break. That's his "shtick". He is all about mayhem.:ROFLMAO:
I don't care for Kevin Talbot.... I would not go by anything he says since he manipulates his editing and how he drives making one brand look better then another. Also how he stalks other youtubers with toxic comments on their Ch. I just spent 3 hours trying to find in my youtube watch history on how he trash talked some other Youtuber on their Ch but must of been 500+ vids ago... I watch a lot. He was some other Xmaxx Youtube andr i guess he does not like Talbot at all so Talbots and his army will spam this guy toxic comments with slander and such. Talbot is quite toxic when you reply with logical competitive comments and he will just call you a fanboi and that you're jealous of his money. There is a Youtuber here that has a fued with Talbot for reasons i do not know but im sure its for the same toxic reasons or i could be wrong or maybe its in the past.

True to a point but its not really realistic on what the Average person will do knowing when it will break or take

I don't care for Kevin Talbot.... I would not go by anything he says since he manipulates his editing and how he drives making one brand look better then another. Also how he stalks other youtubers with toxic comments on their Ch. I just spent 3 hours trying to find in my youtube watch history on how he trash talked some other Youtuber on their Ch but must of been 500+ vids ago... I watch a lot. He was some other Xmaxx Youtube andr i guess he does not like Talbot at all so Talbots and his army will spam this guy toxic comments with slander and such. Talbot is quite toxic when you reply with logical competitive comments and he will just call you a fanboi and that you're jealous of his money. There is a Youtuber here that has a fued with Talbot for reasons i do not know but im sure its for the same toxic reasons or i could be wrong or maybe its in the past.

I think we are too old to care about toy truck drama. Kevin isn’t to be taken seriously, he has monetized destruction. That is not to say that he isn’t genuine about his endearment for the Xmaxx because honestly it’s a very tough truck. That is it’s strength where the K8S has handling as it’s strength. Anyway this topic now bores the hell out of me.

We can enjoy KT destroy rigs in disbelief, while we drive appropriate and care for our rigs with respect.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back