X maxx killer on way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still not sure what to think of this, I'm waiting on any new purchases until it's fully released. Yet, I'm not too sure what to think of a 1/5 kraton. I love my regular one, but depending on what is actually coming out, I'll most likely invest in a 8s esc/motor combo for my "small" kraton.
8s is a lot of power for the Kraton driveline, i think way too much. For reference these are the diffs from a Kraton 6s and a Baja Flux 8s:

20191011_202531.jpg

8s is a lot of power for the Kraton driveline, i think way too much. For reference these are the diffs from a Kraton 6s and a Baja Flux 8s:

View attachment 53732
It’ll be interesting to dissect a diff once they get out. See if they just supersized a ⅛ diff.

Funny that these things are being built in a factory somewhere by people. Nothing got leaked!!

View attachment 53732
Quite an impressive comparison, do you reckon it would fit into the Kraton with the application of slight force? :D

I can see where you're coming from, yet I'm really tempted to try and test what a kraton can be capable off, if I blow the drivetrain, so be it. At least I had fun wrenching on my rig and maybe also destroying it. The Baja also is approximately double the weight of a kraton, which puts of course extra stress on the components.

I've seen the build from @Mr.Duke and was really impressed, though I'd probably go with a lower kv motor version.

View attachment 53732
what outdrive cups are those on the kraton diff..??

Quite an impressive comparison, do you reckon it would fit into the Kraton with the application of slight force? :D

I can see where you're coming from, yet I'm really tempted to try and test what a kraton can be capable off, if I blow the drivetrain, so be it. At least I had fun wrenching on my rig and maybe also destroying it. The Baja also is approximately double the weight of a kraton, which puts of course extra stress on the components.

I've seen the build from @Mr.Duke and was really impressed, though I'd probably go with a lower kv motor version.
As another seeker of 8s truth in a 1/8 platform, I ran a max6 w/1275kv X-Maxx motor in my v2 Kraton on 8s. Lightly bashed it in a wooded area with a bunch of jumps & a clearing to let loose. It lasted a full run on 2 4500mah 50c 4s packs but the rear dogbones were bowed badly, but not enough to fall out. I replaced them with CVDs later on & ran it on 8s several more times with no problems . . . but it now has the 1717 XO-1 motor in it with a fat 20t pinion, 6s only. It's still totally ballistic. My Zennon custom 1/6 build has the 1275kv motor now with a XLX, mostly 8s & its reliability is unreal. Since it's 17lbs, it can use most of the power, but the driveshafts & diffs will wear FAST on that thing within a single run if I get too trigger happy. Sadly they are not made for the torque of the X-Maxx motor. The XLX is overkill but my max5's are in all 3 of my Losi 1/5s & it already burned the max6 that was it the DBXL-e. I ran my Siren on 8s once w/o breaking anything as well but it was way too small to do anything but flip.

what outdrive cups are those on the kraton diff..??
Those are Team Durango's. I needed them to fit rear cvd's and they last a lot longer than the stock ones.

Very slight force :cool:

You're right on the weight, that Baja is heavy and it has one diff instead of 3. The drivetrain is so strong it has no slipper.
I do like the idea of putting an 8s system in the Kraton. Feels like doing something illegal, you just know it will go wrong someday, but it's a lot of fun (y)

Last edited:
As another seeker of 8s truth in a 1/8 platform, I ran a max6 w/1275kv X-Maxx motor in my v2 Kraton on 8s. Lightly bashed it in a wooded area with a bunch of jumps & a clearing to let loose. It lasted a full run on 2 4500mah 50c 4s packs but the rear dogbones were bowed badly, but not enough to fall out. I replaced them with CVDs later on & ran it on 8s several more times with no problems . . . but it now has the 1717 XO-1 motor in it with a fat 20t pinion, 6s only. It's still totally ballistic. My Zennon custom 1/6 build has the 1275kv motor now with a XLX, mostly 8s & its reliability is unreal. Since it's 17lbs, it can use most of the power, but the driveshafts & diffs will wear FAST on that thing within a single run if I get too trigger happy. Sadly they are not made for the torque of the X-Maxx motor. The XLX is overkill but my max5's are in all 3 of my Losi 1/5s & it already burned the max6 that was it the DBXL-e. I ran my Siren on 8s once w/o breaking anything as well but it was way too small to do anything but flip.
What cvd's are you running in your kraton?

View attachment 53819
Whoops. Couldn’t pass up the deal on it. First one in Manitoba.
Nice! If you have a Typhon is there any chance you think that tube frame could be mounted to it?... I'm thinking u4rc with my Typhon chassis ??
Nice! If you have a Typhon is there any chance you think that tube frame could be mounted to it?... I'm thinking u4rc with my Typhon chassis ??
Oops wrong car... I got excited ?

I was all set to either pick up a Tenacity DB Pro or a Kraton V4 6s , but like others , am waiting to see what this is gonna be . Since we are so close to 11-21-19 , no biggy to wait another week , if don't like what I see in the new release , my LHS has both the others in stock !!!!;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back