x-maxx purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorta considering purchasing a x-maxx (*banned*) from fbmarketplace. I wanted to know why some of them are listed as 6s and some are listed as 8s. Why is that? Isn't the stock esc 8s capable?
Older models were 6s and more recent versions are 8s.

I am sorta considering purchasing a x-maxx (*banned*) from fbmarketplace. I wanted to know why some of them are listed as 6s and some are listed as 8s. Why is that? Isn't the stock esc 8s capable?
That's the first version of the xmaxx.. from what I've read about them, you might wanna pass on it. Although I do believe it can be converted, it would be better to just find an 8s truck.
The difference is more than just electronics. Diffs are different and possibly other parts as well.. someone with more knowledge can better splain perhaps.

Get an 8s, the 6s is from 2015 and is the V1.

FWIW.. the latest version is now the X-Mike!!

20211226_171841.jpg

Just kidding 🤣..

If you are gonna get one. Do yourself a favor and spend the coin for a new one. So many people beat the crap out of them and never get maintained.

If you are gonna get one. Do yourself a favor and spend the coin for a new one. So many people beat the crap out of them and never get maintained.
^^^ This!

They are usually bashed on hard and there will probably be hidden issues you don’t see such as cracks in the plastic, worn diffs, and many other things.

That's the first version of the xmaxx.. from what I've read about them, you might wanna pass on it. Although I do believe it can be converted, it would be better to just find an 8s truck.
The difference is more than just electronics. Diffs are different and possibly other parts as well.. someone with more knowledge can better splain perhaps.
Yup....get a brand new one if you want an XMAXX.....

bash, but due to my bashing environment I could use a udr with minimal breaking.
The udr isn’t meant for bashing and is pretty weak from what I have seen and heard, you’re better off getting a Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0 or Arrma Mojave EXB.

All 3 are good IMO. Have solid reputations but are 3 very different rigs. I guess you really have to evaluate your needs/wants, then decide which best fits.
You can certainly jump any of the rigs mentioned here but likely the xmaxx would be the best jumper, but also more forgiving handling than a say the udr?
For the record, I only have personal experience with the mojave and xmaxx(out of the rigs mentioned). I just got the xmaxx so haven't run it much yet.

Last edited:
I have 4 big rigs : DBXL-E , K8S , SBR 2.0 , and the Xmaxx as well as the UDR you mention . My go to big one is the Xmaxx , although a monster truck , it handles very , very good for one !!! It is the one I worry about the least to break when it goes tumbling / crashing , when it was on stock electronics / pinion / and the TRX 6700mah batteries it used to get stupid run times of like 40-45 minutes !!! No other of my big ones get more than 20-25 !!
The UDR is an awesome truck for it's detailed scale looks / and driving characteristics . Use it for the driving experience , and light jumping , not a big sender ( my fav big sender I have is my Talion 6s ) . Big enough truck to have fun with , easy to carry when batts die .
And as others said , I'd buy new , just me .

All 3 are good IMO. Have solid reputations but are 3 very different rigs. I guess you really have to evaluate your needs/wants, then decide which best fits.
You can certainly jump any of the rigs mentioned here but likely the xmaxx would be the best jumper, but also more forgiving handling than a say the udr?
For the record, I only have personal experience with the mojave and xmaxx(out of the rigs mentioned). I just got the xmaxx so haven't run it much yet.
I spent 6 months doing my due diligence on this matter. In the end, I did what you said above. (evaluate the situation, decide the best fit...)
$700 for a dbxle and $600 for a 8s x-maxx are pretty good prices
They offer/offered two models. I don't know the specific differences in trucks off hand but I know the ESC/motor was different between the two.

X-Maxx 4/6S verision - https://traxxas.com/products/landing/77076-4-X-Maxx/

X-Maxx 8S Verision - https://traxxas.com/products/landing/x-maxx/

In my investigation of this matter, I have seen dozens of people who bought the first 6S flavor XMaxx and wished they had known or waited for the 8S version. Much complaining about the 6S compared to the 8S. So far, not a single person that I have noticed complained about the 8S wishing it were more like the 6S......

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back