Xavier's WLtoys 144001

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ordered some foams so hopefully no more blowing tires?.
Screenshot_20201105-223255.png

Fixing the servo arm I broke and ripped the front right rim apart "testing" it out?. And putting on the new foams (Contacts) we just got yesterday. Sucks it's windy today really wanted to give this mean little beast some test runs and see what kind of speed she pulls now....
IMG_20201113_083932205.jpg

IMG_20201113_084008434.jpg

Alright got new shoes on, some new decals, tidied up all the wiring and made some body mounts so the body will fit again. Damn rain and wind today so maybe some test runs tomorrow....
IMG_20201113_124258608.jpg
IMG_20201113_124236321.jpg
IMG_20201113_124311233.jpg

Alright rain is gone and blue sky's today, first speed runs on the 4000kv brushless set up going down today. Be doing some 2s passes and then some 3s passes, hoping to beat our speed PB of 58.3 on the K6s with this little 4lb+/- beast. Running a Horizon Hobby Kinexsis 4000kv setup thanks to @Notorious J, 27t pinion and 44t spur we will see how the little monster does....

Speed calculator says 89mph on this set-up but that obviously doesn't account for aerodynamics, weight and other variables. I think we would both be happy if we hit 50+ on his setup but thinking closer to 60 as it blew the tires off the rim at just 50% throttle doing a bench test. Now with foams no tire blowouts and should grip well, we will find out soon...

Speed calculator says 89mph on this set-up but that obviously doesn't account for aerodynamics, weight and other variables. I think we would both be happy if we hit 50+ on his setup but thinking closer to 60 as it blew the tires off the rim at just 50% throttle doing a bench test. Now with foams no tire blowouts and should grip well, we will find out soon...
Time to tear up the pavement ?

Well wasn't our day to say the least. Got a good first baseline run is about it, 47.7mph on 2swith the brushless setup. Lost a screw for steering so had to run home and fix it. Forgot to record first two passes, came back out after fix and forgot to turn on gps. Coming back from a run throttle jumped and flipped loosing a hinge pin sleeve so done for the day. Kraton 6s again kept hitting amp limit even with more distance and easing into full throttle so only hit 53 on it. Just wasn't our day today, man wish we got a 3s pass in, bet we would have hit 60 but there's always next time....

I think a few guys on the Facebook group have hit 100. Crazy those little things can hit speeds like that.

Here is some footage of 2 of the 4 runs, forgot to record the first 2... Not to shabby for first runs on 2s 47.7 mph so far?

Finally got the replacement hinge pin sleeves....... 2 months later?. But anyways little buggy will be fixed and ready for some 3s runs to see if we can beat our PB of 58 on the K6s and of course blow away the first 2s runs of 47.7 with the WLtoys
IMG_20201120_075004658.jpg

Finally got the replacement hinge pin sleeves....... 2 months later?. But anyways little buggy will be fixed and ready for some 3s runs to see if we can beat our PB of 58 on the K6s and of course blow away the first 2s runs of 47.7 with the WLtoys
View attachment 109988
Dang! Just order Lc Racing ones next time, Steve usually has stuff to me in 3 days.

What's the website @slick2500, that would be awesome, almost everything for the 144001 is from China. Thankfully we found motor mount and couple other things that were from a US seller but it's been hard to find a lot that doesn't have to come from China unfortunately.

What's the website @slick2500, that would be awesome, almost everything for the 144001 is from China. Thankfully we found motor mount and couple other things that were from a US seller but it's been hard to find a lot that doesn't have to come from China unfortunately.
https://casterracingmi.com/index.ph...ory&path=171&sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100
Do note a lot of the parts from the LC Racing will not work on the WL Toys, diffs, shock towers, gear box cases, slipper, center drive shaft, bearings and steering servo from the top of my head. The LC Racing shocks are different lengths than the WL Toys, fronts are shorter than the rears on the LC and the front and rear on the WL Toys are the same length. If ordering springs you will want all rears. The LC Racing battery strap is longer than the WL Toys in case you want a longer battery strap. Do not buy the LC cvds, they bend rather easily, even the racers complain about them.

Alright we finally got in a 3s run today, clean run but think I need to reset throttle end points. She sailed nicely and we got our new PB of 59.9mph on 3s!!! Will get video edited and put together later to post the proof. Definitely happy and think she still has more as throttle needs reset for sure wasn't getting it all. Also will need a new GPS ? wheelie on the way back killed the screen?.
Screenshot_20201123-135656.png

Ok here is the passes we got in today out in front of my mom's house while visiting. Still stock gearing 27t pinion and 44t spur, 4000kv Kinexsis brushless setup running Contact foams.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back