Notorious Xjeepguy’s Notorious build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Figured I’d start a new build thread for the Notorious. I am running it stock right now, but I’ve already started accumulating parts. I’ve got RPM arms, a new Reefs Raw 500 servo and horn, as well as these nice Fireteam black shocks that will be built to bash.

The vision for this truck is to make it as tough as possible, with no red parts visible on the chassis. I know, I’m strange. I plan to do the build all at once after all parts have been acquired.
IMG_2291.jpeg
IMG_2290.jpeg

IMG_2292.jpeg

I was never really a fan of the red either. 🤷‍♂️
Can’t wait to see the rest. 🤙

I was never really a fan of the red either. 🤷‍♂️
Can’t wait to see the rest. 🤙
Yea, that’s why I love fireteam parts lol. I’m just getting odds and ends for now, the big bill will be to M2C lol.

Yea, that’s why I love fireteam parts lol. I’m just getting odds and ends for now, the big bill will be to M2C lol.
Have you (or anyone) noticed that the m2c outdrive cups are a larger diameter center? Now they don't fit into the diff cup. Did I get the wrong ones? This is for a gp5

20230303_150223.jpg

20230303_145816.jpg

20230303_145833.jpg

Figured I’d start a new build thread for the Notorious. I am running it stock right now, but I’ve already started accumulating parts. I’ve got RPM arms, a new Reefs Raw 500 servo and horn, as well as these nice Fireteam black shocks that will be built to bash.

The vision for this truck is to make it as tough as possible, with no red parts visible on the chassis. I know, I’m strange. I plan to do the build all at once after all parts have been acquired.
View attachment 282932View attachment 282933
View attachment 282934
That servo horn is BEEFY 😍

Sounds like time to do some deanodizing.
I have everything covered with the parts I plan to buy from M2C, combined with the parts I have ordered from Jenny’s for the fireteam. The only thing I should have to deanodize is the center brace. Although the CF one from Basherqueen does look real nice….

I have everything covered with the parts I plan to buy from M2C, combined with the parts I have ordered from Jenny’s for the fireteam. The only thing I should have to deanodize is the center brace. Although the CF one from Basherqueen does look real nice….
Carbon fiber one is 100% nice. Especially with those new 7075 ends! 😍

You could always do the quick cheap n easy… wrap with electrical tape. (I know that sounds cheesy.. but it really doesn’t look half bad if you get your twists uniform)

I have been giving this truck an absolute caning since I got it, and it just seems to beg for more. So far, 0 breakage and the chassis is even straight, despite some horrible landings that hit hard enough to disconnect the battery cable several times.

I think it’s because I know I’m going to rebuild the truck, that makes me want to see what it’s made of lol. Get my moneys worth out of the stock parts before I replace them lol.
IMG_2296.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally broke it! Took it to the skate park this morning around 6:30am. It was around 26*F, and all it took was one bad landing from a full send to break a rear A-arm lol. That concrete is very unforgiving. I came out of a deep bowl sideways at WOT, and that’s all she wrote. I don’t blame the truck, it was the squishy part behind the controller that caused this one. It hit the ground and the dogbone flew about 10’ in the air.

I was going to wait until I had all the parts acquired to start the build, but it looks like at least the RPMs will go on soon.

Started the build finally. My M2C order will be here tomorrow. Here’s just some of the parts that will not be going back on the truck. This is gonna be fun.View attachment 285568

Looks just about like my Dumpster Fire box.. 🤣

It's going to FUN!
I think I'm going to beat you on re-assembly..
The ball bearings that I've been waiting for should be flying in today.... Took it's sweet sweet time!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back