Xl typhon almost done 8 months in the making.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubLRRLIFE!8887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
Please help! I ran problem after problem due to it being my first Frankenstein rig with flare lol, but it came with a lot of headaches from now on maybe upgrade.

So problem: I had to change the lim rear shock tower due to clearance issues with boy post and motor now the lim rear shocks don’t fit too short can I use tie rods? Will the break this is a 125 mph goal speed running rig or I hope it will be this summer.
Thanks fellas!

0F8234B5-1DFE-4F6D-8377-7D9372BD5666.jpeg

8A300285-6F45-4A9D-A78D-306C8410917A.jpeg

If you want a hard tail, you'd better make sure that street is 100% smooth. With a hard tail the second you hit any type of bump or divot; it will lose traction.
I figured there was going to be a catch to do and you are point sir with the same thing I was thinking, except the traction loss, I was thinking breakage if a bump came up .
Thank you for your wisdom good sir 🙏
If you want a hard tail, you'd better make sure that street is 100% smooth. With a hard tail the second you hit any type of bump or divot; it will lose traction.
Look
What other options I have?
typhon shocks? and are they stiff enough to speed run with or any other alternative I’m wide open for it because I only have 1 solution 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I figured there was going to be a catch to do and you are point sir with the same thing I was thinking, except the traction loss, I was thinking breakage if a bump came up .
Thank you for your wisdom good sir 🙏

Look

What other options I have?
typhon shocks? and are they stiff enough to speed run with or any other alternative I’m wide open for it because I only have 1 solution 🤷‍♂️
If you need more room for the body to clear stuff underneath you can just use the top hole in the shock tower & the bottom hole in the body mount- only using one bolt for each side. Or you can drill another hole up higher on the shock tower if you wanna use both bolts. I've done both methods for my Typhons

If you need more room for the body to clear stuff underneath you can just use the top hole in the shock tower & the bottom hole in the body mount- only using one bolt for each side. Or you can drill another hole up higher on the shock tower if you wanna use both bolts. I've done both methods for my Typhons
Man I thought about that but I don’t have access to a drill press at the moment you think I can get close enough to equal without messing it up?
I did this it’s an idea but it’s stiff as hell I don’t like that too much room for things to go bad at those speeds.

Attachments

• 715122CC-F7C7-412B-9F6A-C2B2A5C36AA7.jpeg
    715122CC-F7C7-412B-9F6A-C2B2A5C36AA7.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 38
Man I thought about that but I don’t have access to a drill press at the moment you think I can get close enough to equal without messing it up?

I did this it’s an idea but it’s stiff as hell I don’t like that too much room for things to go bad at those speeds.
I just used a cordless Dewalt drill & w/ the standoffs I think you've got a little more leeway, tolerance wise

Well ima give it a world and see what happens I’m happy with the looks let’s see performance in about two months but I’m done(almost) lol
Now how can I set up a wing on these RPMs wing mount I used any tips greatly appreciated
Wing buy or use new kraton one I have can I?
Finish loctite screws check all screws.”
Fans migh have to go low pro
Receiver box wires and close
Castle set up/parameters
Rx set up dx5c
Front suspension tuning a bit more
Rear bulkhead check some binding
And to sleep she goes until is go time !
And tips more than welcome!

59EB997A-88E8-467D-AA51-0B934514BCDF.jpeg

52D60610-DDBA-4628-B8E2-53151EE670E8.jpeg

D1753C3A-28B7-46E5-BCE1-5A4246CE7B63.jpeg

6E1C8153-7392-46C1-8D76-EB1B72FD5660.jpeg

I just used a cordless Dewalt drill & w/ the standoffs I think you've got a little more leeway, tolerance wise
I will try it on my lim tower first since it’s off and cheap and see if I get the clearance so I can throw the shocks back on, but the plan is to test it with a hard tail if results yield are not enough then back to the lim tower with shocks.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back