XLX2 “motor start failure” help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcoolj

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

So I’ve been running my nue 1530 1580kv .75Y with mmx8s in my limitless with no dramas - 50+ passes, 139mph PB. Looking at logs i was exceeding amp threshold so decided to upgrade to the xlx2.
However, on my first run I kept getting motor start failure errors in logs. Car would seem like it’s cogging then reset. Thought it was a loose wire/bad solder. Checked everything was fine.
Ran it again the next day and it did fine. Ran it the day after and motor start failure happened again. Then blew my motor up. Do I have a bad xlx2? Or was my motor on the way out?
Anyone else experience this? Any help appreciated thanx!

xlx 2
Nue 1530
Cap pack
8mm bullets
Cnhl 6000mah 70c

Last edited:
I read something about the xlx2 having issues with certain motors and the way they’re wound? I really don’t know anything about it, but it’s something I read that may give you someplace to start a search.
Thanx mate. That’s the d wound 2000kv + motors. It’s been fixed with new firmware. However mine is 1580kv and y wound.

Hi All,

So I’ve been running my nue 1530 1580kv .75Y with mmx8s in my limitless with no dramas - 50+ passes, 139mph PB. Looking at logs i was exceeding amp threshold so decided to upgrade to the xlx2.
However, on my first run I kept getting motor start failure errors in logs. Car would seem like it’s cogging then reset. Thought it was a loose wire/bad solder. Checked everything was fine.
Ran it again the next day and it did fine. Ran it the day after and motor start failure happened again. Then blew my motor up. Do I have a bad xlx2? Or was my motor on the way out?
Anyone else experience this? Any help appreciated thanx!

xlx 2
Nue 1530
Cap pack
8mm bullets
Cnhl 6000mah 70c
What do the logs look like?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back